PDA

View Full Version : Marilyn Manson

Kęton
05-03-2003, 04:28 AM
I didn't see anything about Mr.Manson so I decided to make a thread about him. Does anyone like Manson's music? I personally love "Holywood: In The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death". For some reason I'm just addicted to his music. I know people don't like him because he's the "anti-christ", but hell, that doesn't bother me, lol. I personally can't wait for his new album "The Golden Age Of Grotesque" or however that is spelled, lol.

"mOBSCENE" is his newest single; it's really sort of different from any other song he's done so far. I also like the video :lol:.

Any thoughts :teehee:?

(Yeah, and I know I'm going to get a lot of "he sucks", but is there any other reason why besides his 'anti-christ' ways?)

Will
05-03-2003, 04:35 AM
I don't listen to his music a lot but I enjoy it whenever I'm listening to it.

Andrea
05-03-2003, 04:53 AM
He's too weird for me. His music is disturbing...

[Darken Hybrid]
05-03-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by XxLPandGCxX@May 2 2003, 11:53 PM
He's too weird for me. His music is disturbing...
same here.

Happy Gilmore
05-03-2003, 09:08 AM
I don't like him :blink: the only song i like is "Tainted Love"

Amy
05-03-2003, 10:21 AM
I dont listen to his music much. I havent even heard that many songs. I think I have only heard about 6 and all of those are great. I know a guy who is a huge fan of Manson. He has like heaps of Manson stuff. I will probably listen to some more Manson stuff when I see him next.

Benji DCs Finest
05-03-2003, 01:18 PM
The fact that he puts fake boobs on in a music video is a major turn off toward his music.

Aaron
05-03-2003, 03:31 PM
i dispise him. didn't he have like 4 sex changes, and malested a security guard at his show. ehg.

i like the begining of one song by him and that is all.

Dedicated
05-03-2003, 04:18 PM
I like Tainted Love and The Nobodies but apart from that i don't like him...........He admitted that he had a rib bone removed so he could suck his own #### :wth: (He said he did that on Gonzo over Easter)

Will
05-03-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Benji DCs Finest@May 3 2003, 08:18 AM
The fact that he puts fake boobs on in a music video is a major turn off toward his music.
So his image causes you to not listen to his music?

Look at your user name. :rolleyes:

Kęton
05-03-2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Will+May 3 2003, 11:46 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Will @ May 3 2003, 11:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Benji DCs Finest@May 3 2003, 08:18 AM
So his image causes you to not listen to his music?

Look at your user name. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
lol, Word.

I was going to comment about that.

I don&#39;t really think that his look should change the reason you listen to the music. If Linkin Park got boob implants, are you going to stop listening to them? If so... No offense, but that&#39;s shallow :mellow:.

Basically, an artist can look however they want in my opinion. I mean, when you listen to their CD, it&#39;s not like you&#39;re watching them so appearance should have very little to do with the music.

The only thing I actually understand about Manson being disliked is his way he does music. The way he expresses himself just pisses everyone off, but if you look past that, he&#39;s great. Since people would rather push him aside, he takes music to a new level with of course, his &#39;boobs&#39; which by the way, he doesn&#39;t have now... And his &#39;rib removal&#39;. It&#39;s all just for show man... He&#39;s been in music for awhile now, and I expect bands to take major steps in their careers. Look at all the piercings and tattoos all the bands have now. Is that not a new step in appearance? :rolleyes:

Bryan
05-03-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Newfy@May 3 2003, 11:31 AM
i dispise him. didn&#39;t he have like 4 sex changes, and malested a security guard at his show. ehg.

He didn&#39;t have any sex changes, but he did get boob implants one time.

And he also never molested a security guard, I believe Manson got his "thing" out at a concert as part of the show and got close to the end of the stage and the security guard got his head hit by it, but Manson didn&#39;t try it. Then of course the security guard sees some easy money and sued Manson.

And I like Manson&#39;s music, like Will I don&#39;t listen to it much but I do like it when I do listen to him.

Aaron
05-04-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Bryan+May 3 2003, 08:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bryan @ May 3 2003, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Newfy@May 3 2003, 11:31 AM
i dispise him. didn&#39;t he have like 4 sex changes, and malested a security guard at his show. ehg.

He didn&#39;t have any sex changes, but he did get boob implants one time.

And he also never molested a security guard, I believe Manson got his "thing" out at a concert as part of the show and got close to the end of the stage and the security guard got his head hit by it, but Manson didn&#39;t try it. Then of course the security guard sees some easy money and sued Manson.

And I like Manson&#39;s music, like Will I don&#39;t listen to it much but I do like it when I do listen to him. [/b][/quote]
oh, its been a while since i heard any news about him.

N'tensified
05-04-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]+May 3 2003, 06:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([Darken Hybrid] @ May 3 2003, 06:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--XxLPandGCxX@May 2 2003, 11:53 PM
He&#39;s too weird for me. His music is disturbing...
same here. [/b][/quote]
No doubt about it.

Amy
05-04-2003, 12:46 AM
There are so many rumours about Manson. Most of them arent true. Some of them are kind of funny :P

Shinji
05-04-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by XxLPandGCxX@May 3 2003, 06:53 AM
He&#39;s too weird for me. His music is disturbing...
i agree he&#39;s a creep &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Todd
05-04-2003, 05:10 PM
didn&#39;t Manson blow his load on the security guard or something?

and I also heard he got his 2 bottom ribs removed so he could give himself a BJ

Tim2
05-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Todd@May 4 2003, 05:10 PM
and I also heard he got his 2 bottom ribs removed so he could give himself a BJ
uhh... :wth:

Kęton
05-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Okay, okay, guys, let&#39;s analyze one thing people should stop doing, lol.

As I said, you know... I know his style is... different. I&#39;d rather know what you guys think about his music. I heard a lot of rumours about what Manson does on stage, but it doesn&#39;t change my love for his music.

The reason I love his music:
It&#39;s the same reason I like Eminem, and it&#39;s also a reason Mudvayne became a big favorite of mines. The way they express themselves is like no others to date on mainstream music. Let&#39;s take "The Love Song" by Manson... Which is one of my favorite songs. It starts like any love song would, "I&#39;ve got a crush on a pretty pistol, should I tell her that I feel this way?", and then he talks about loving guns, god, and government. I don&#39;t know about you guys, but I hate guns, I am not a believer of god (sorry :chemist:), and I don&#39;t like my government. I hate guns because they kill, and I dispise killings, the god situation I won&#39;t get into so that I may avoid any religious people out there, and I dislike my government because they are money hungry and stupid--they spend money on stupid things.

Oh, and if you don&#39;t understand why Mudvayne has anything to do with this, here&#39;s why. Chüd, the lead singer, made a statement of "Anti-Bush" to the public at one of their shows. In result to this, radio stations took their music off the rotation. But aside from the stingy radio stations, I believe that freedom of speech should be allowed, and freedom to one&#39;s likes should also be respected. I mean, I guess I am like this because I am an outsider in my school. While the school is rap, I&#39;m rock/metal, so I know how it feels to be different, and now whenever I am able to express feelings, I do. It&#39;s just that these people are saying what some of us can&#39;t.

Manson&#39;s music is kind of based on life as well. Take away from the violence, and listen to the chorus of "Lamb Of God". The chorus explains "Nothing&#39;s gonna&#39; change the world," and states some obvious situations like if a famous person is killed, they&#39;re a care, but not the rest of the world. Although Manson stresses the facts of Satan and David, and all this other stuff, the chorus is really what I&#39;m pointing out.

I appreciate the ones who said that the music was not their &#39;cup of tea&#39; as I will put it, but I still feel that just because of rumours/facts and looks you don&#39;t listen to the music, well, I find that a little shallow. I mean, I don&#39;t encourage any of you to listen, but atleast give me a better answer than just saying that he is weird :chemist:. I could rant on for hours about the weird and normal. But I won&#39;t because this is long enough :lol:.

As they say... Don&#39;t judge a book by it&#39;s cover ;).

Jawknee
05-26-2003, 10:57 AM
Marilyn Manson is a genius, not only musically but just in general. Watch him in the movie "Bowling for Columbine" and you&#39;ll see what I mean. He&#39;s not a dumbass because he actually has brains which many people who are grossed out by him don&#39;t know. His music is pure genius and he&#39;ll forever be legendary for me.

Anyone get his new album The Golden Age Of Grotesque?
This new album is amazing and just left me in awe. This guy is great&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

Amy
05-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Neo@May 26 2003, 08:57 PM
Anyone get his new album The Golden Age Of Grotesque?
This new album is amazing and just left me in awe. This guy is great&#33;&#33;&#33; :D
Not yet, but I am going to. I won it ^_^ I just have to go and pick it up one day...

Cal
05-26-2003, 11:17 AM
i like this guys lyrics but i hate his voice

it just dosnt click with me

i admit i liked "nobodys"

Crazy.Desperate.Insane
05-29-2003, 08:01 AM
i hate his image.. his being anti- christ and putting up boobs.. eiwee.. but like one of you said "don&#39;t jusdge the book by its cover"

i guess his music is oddly cool..

i heard that he&#39;s an actor when he was younger.. it was a drama show called "the wonder years".. i don&#39;t know.. i just heard that..

Jawknee
05-29-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Crazy.Desperate.Insane@May 29 2003, 01:01 AM
i hate his image.. his being anti- christ and putting up boobs.. eiwee.. but like one of you said "don&#39;t jusdge the book by its cover"

i heard that he&#39;s an actor when he was younger.. it was a drama show called "the wonder years".. i don&#39;t know.. i just heard that..
You heard wrong. That&#39;s a fake rumor. :)

Kęton
05-29-2003, 09:03 AM
He looks a bit more normal (from what I see) from the pictures on the album "art". Although there&#39;s still some freaky-ness, he&#39;s got that old-age suit wearing thing going on :lol:.

By the way, his new album is really less-depressive than Holywood was :). It&#39;s also more up beat :P.

Crazy.Desperate.Insane
05-30-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Neo+May 29 2003, 08:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Neo @ May 29 2003, 08:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Crazy.Desperate.Insane@May 29 2003, 01:01 AM

You heard wrong. That&#39;s a fake rumor. :) [/b][/quote]
okay.. *shamefully bows head* sorry.. i am wrong again, neo..

haha

Jawknee
05-30-2003, 10:31 PM
The rumor was cleared up by himself on some TV interview once. Damn, his album is ####### one of the best CDs of 2003 so far.

Kęton
05-31-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Neo@May 30 2003, 12:31 PM
The rumor was cleared up by himself on some TV interview once. Damn, his album is ####### one of the best CDs of 2003 so far.
Hell yeah&#33; I&#39;ve been listening to it for the last three days straight... At first, it took about the first two listens before the songs sank in, but now they are stuck to me like glue and it&#39;s become one of my favorite albums :D.

I think Manson actually took a different approach to "The Golden Age of Grotesque". It&#39;s nothing like "Holywood", and that&#39;s what I love about Manson :chemist:.

Be obscene... be be obscene... :P

And yes, most of the rumors have been answered already and in my opinion, Manson does not do so many bizarre things anymore. His videos aren&#39;t as weird, but more artistic... Then again, I love the Tool videos as well :blink:.

whenthisbegan
05-31-2003, 01:32 AM
Although I do enjoy a few of his songs, he kinda gives me weird vibes. I think part of that has to do with the fact that I had a dream that he stalked me and my friend saying we had to kill sheep to make some ... thing for him like in a picture I saw of him in Rolling Stone a few years back. Anyway, we wouldn&#39;t and he like.. sexually abused my friend.

:mellow:

Jawknee
05-31-2003, 03:12 AM
Would you consider that a wet dream? :lol: J/K.

Chris
05-31-2003, 02:59 PM
i really like his video&#39;s and his music.
his vid. are so creative. But.. i don&#39;t listen to him much as i would :whistle:

does anyone know some songs that are worth downloading?

Kęton
05-31-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Linkin-2003@May 31 2003, 04:59 AM
i really like his video&#39;s and his music.
his vid. are so creative. But.. i don&#39;t listen to him much as i would :whistle:

does anyone know some songs that are worth downloading?
Well, the song that most of my friends like (they don&#39;t actually like Manson, but they have to listen to him when they hang at my place :P) is "This is the new sh*t". Which is also on the Matrix: Reloaded soundtrack. I guess the other song people would like is mOBSCENE. Personally I like "Doll Dagga Buzz Buzz Ziggety Zag", "(s)AINT", or "The Golden Age of Grotesque" :D, but then again, I love the whole album :wth:.

and to Neo: Hey, have you checked out Manson&#39;s official site? The Q & A section had someone post something about how they never knew about Manson in anyway, and all of a sudden had a dream she was making love to him. Now she&#39;s &#39;obsessed with knowing everything about him&#39; :blink:. I don&#39;t know, when I saw &#39;dream&#39;, I remembered that Q&A on the site :chemist:.

LPxchicaxMKS
05-31-2003, 10:51 PM
i dont like him..he is just wayy to weird for me

Stuey_345
06-01-2003, 01:23 AM
i like his music sometimes....it depends on my mood :chemist:

Part.Of.Me
06-01-2003, 01:57 AM
Marilyn Manson&#39;s music is pretty good.. Except Tainted Love.. It just pisses me off :angry: A cover which I do like by him anyhow, is Sweet Dreams ^_^

Holywood = Great Album

"Weird"? Maybe so.. But atleast he&#39;s original

Jawknee
06-01-2003, 02:20 AM
and to Neo: Hey, have you checked out Manson&#39;s official site? The Q & A section had someone post something about how they never knew about Manson in anyway, and all of a sudden had a dream she was making love to him. Now she&#39;s &#39;obsessed with knowing everything about him&#39; :blink:. I don&#39;t know, when I saw &#39;dream&#39;, I remembered that Q&A on the site :chemist:.
Interesting. Thanks for that&#33;

My favorite song was "This is the New Sh&#33;t" but now it&#39;s "Vodevil," "Use Your Fist And Not Your Mouth" and "(s)AINT." I used to think he was really weird too, but in the back of my mind, I was itching to check him out. I finally gave him a chance with this album, so I&#39;m a newbie fan. My dad on the other hand has the album "Anti-Christ Superstar;" weird, huh? I can&#39;t believe I didn&#39;t try getting into him earlier just because he&#39;s a little different. I don&#39;t give a #### that he&#39;s weird because that&#39;s what makes him uniquely different than everyone else&#39;s same old boring image of vintage t-shirts, hair that covers your eyes, and converse shoes. Marilyn Manson is one bad motha ######. :D