PDA

View Full Version : The Rising Tied - still kicking?

Polychromatic
09-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Is anyone still listening to this from time to time? I just listened to the songs after having a non-stop obsession with ATS. I missed it.

MaiMeR
09-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Is anyone still listening to this from time to time? I just listened to the songs after having a non-stop obsession with ATS. I missed it.

ya i listen to FM still

i like listening to the SOB remix of Where'd You Go, has a cool game like sound to it lol

Benjamin
09-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Definitely. I'd say once or twice a month beginning to end. I play Where'd You Go a lot on it's own. Other times I play the first 3 songs.

We can dream of FM 2.0. Mike could do what Eminem does in terms of singing the choruses/hooks. Except Mike can actually sing so it would be better.

Polychromatic
09-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Definitely. I'd say once or twice a month beginning to end. I play Where'd You Go a lot on it's own. Other times I play the first 3 songs.

We can dream of FM 2.0. Mike could do what Eminem does in terms of singing the choruses/hooks. Except Mike can actually sing so it would be better.

I agree. Basically a FM 2.0 could have Mike singing the choruses or even in full songs, and I'd guess there would be a lot less of collabs and more solo rap/singing stuff.

travz21
09-17-2010, 10:29 PM
If Mike wants to outlet his rapping, do it with LP for fuck's sake. Stop doing these side projects if you claim that LP doesn't have a defined sound. Start working on all sorts of material and get records out every 1 to 2 years.

Polychromatic
09-17-2010, 10:48 PM
If Mike wants to outlet his rapping, do it with LP for fuck's sake. Stop doing these side projects if you claim that LP doesn't have a defined sound. Start working on all sorts of material and get records out every 1 to 2 years.

When They Come For Me, Waiting For The End, Wretches and Kings.

travz21
09-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Lol what's your point?

JESEFF
09-17-2010, 11:32 PM

You do realize that back when he made the side project, that Mike wanted to do something that he felt wouldn't fit in Linkin Park right? Back in 2005 might I add. LP only recently claimed that they don't want to be defined by any sound but their own.

On another note, I still heavily enjoy The Rising Tied. I have both versions of the album, along with the Where'd You Go single, the FMM DVD, and the Fort Minor 5 track Sampler Mixtape.

travz21
09-17-2010, 11:59 PM
You do realize that back when he made the side project, that Mike wanted to do something that he felt wouldn't fit in Linkin Park right? Back in 2005 might I add. LP only recently claimed that they don't want to be defined by any sound but their own.

On another note, I still heavily enjoy The Rising Tied. I have both versions of the album, along with the Where'd You Go single, the FMM DVD, and the Fort Minor 5 track Sampler Mixtape.

Yes, I know this. Which is why I pretty much said a FM 2.0 would be ridiculous.

hawk.
09-18-2010, 12:33 AM
I think this album is still great. I haven't listened to it in full like I have done several times but I do listen to a few songs here and there.

[TDWP] Jacob
09-18-2010, 02:37 AM
Yeah I still listen to a song here and there. I found myself singing Cigarettes at school the other day

JESEFF
09-18-2010, 02:46 AM
Im listening to the whole album right now :lol:

hawk.
09-18-2010, 02:57 AM
I will listen to it later.

Martinez
09-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I listened to TRT and OOA before ATS came out because I learned about them. Some songs actually pwn. Like.... Where'd You Go, Petrified, Slip Out The Back, Kenji, Remember The Name, Feel Like Home.... my God, I could name the whole album. I really like FM and I hope they come out with something soon... even an EP would be nice.

Snail
09-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Yes, I know this. Which is why I pretty much said a FM 2.0 would be ridiculous.

I agree. I seriously feel as though Mike is compiling some stellar rhymes for usage on FM 2.0 as opposed to Linkin Park still. We'll see on the next album cycle.

Zach
09-18-2010, 06:41 PM
I still love this CD, one of my all time favorites.

NateXY
09-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Still kicking man, still kicking.

@LP2K12
09-18-2010, 10:38 PM

Again, I'll bring up the point I brought up in the shoutbox. The reason I want another Fort Minor album is because I want to hear Mike Collaborate with artists such as B.o.B, Styles of Beyond, John Legend, Bruno Mars, Hayley Williams, The Roots, Travis Barker, etc.

Now, if you're saying Linkin Park should have these artists on an album and have a shit load of songs featuring all of them and do a Linkin Park hip-hop album with no Chester, okay... I agree.

However, I'm saying. I want artists like those mentioned above, and the artists he collaborated with before. Not on a Linkin Park remix album.

That is why a Fort Minor sequel is still relevant. Maybe not to you, but to some of us.

travz21
09-19-2010, 12:30 AM
Why couldn't LP feature these artists? If it gets more LP music out at a quicker pace, I'm all for it.

NateXY
09-19-2010, 12:32 AM
I really doubt LP would turn full hip-hop, but then again....with ATS, we know that anything is possible :D

Agent Sideburns
09-19-2010, 12:40 AM
I've actually started listening to random songs from TRT since yesterday. The production on the album is just... woah. Hands down, one of the best produced rap record from the last decade. It's so out there. It sucks that Mike doesn't producer more often. I thought he'd be an established hip-hop producer by now.

hawk.
09-19-2010, 12:49 AM
I think Mike should do a Fort Minor EP. Just four songs, not a full album.

@LP2K12
09-19-2010, 02:00 AM
I think Mike should do a Fort Minor EP. Just four songs, not a full album.

I could live with that. Even if it's just something short and sweet he makes in the back of the bus while on tour.

@LP2K12
09-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Why couldn't LP feature these artists? If it gets more LP music out at a quicker pace, I'm all for it.

Well, I'm sure they could. However, I don't exactly envision "High Road" as being on a Linkin Park album...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlpQwLd_B34

I'm not disagreeing with you, my point is... I just don't want Chester in it. When I want Fort Minor, I want it WITHOUT Chester. I think that's why I want it outside the realm of a LP album.

Benjamin
09-19-2010, 03:29 AM
I've actually started listening to random songs from TRT since yesterday. The production on the album is just... woah. Hands down, one of the best produced rap record from the last decade. It's so out there. It sucks that Mike doesn't producer more often. I thought he'd be an established hip-hop producer by now.

After the Linkin Park days are over, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Mike pursuing an all out producing career. He could be the next Rick Rubin, haha.

travz21
09-19-2010, 05:22 AM
I'm not disagreeing with you, my point is... I just don't want Chester in it. When I want Fort Minor, I want it WITHOUT Chester. I think that's why I want it outside the realm of a LP album.

Why wouldn't you want Chester on it? He doesn't have to be on all the tracks. He doesn't even have to be the vocal centerpiece in the majority of them. Surely his versatility could be useful.

After the Linkin Park days are over, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Mike pursuing an all out producing career. He could be the next Rick Rubin, haha.

He's already a better producer than Rick Rubin.

Rahat
09-19-2010, 02:23 PM
TRT is definitely still kicking, I still listen to it from time to time but its the We Major mixtape that gets more listens from me. I'm hoping mike does some FM 2.0 myself and some more general production from him wouldn't be too bad either.

@LP2K12
09-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Why wouldn't you want Chester on it? He doesn't have to be on all the tracks. He doesn't even have to be the vocal centerpiece in the majority of them. Surely his versatility could be useful.

When I envision a Fort Minor record, which is what I want and what some others want I don't picture Chester. I picture other vocalists. Especially after this shit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoYhLzUnKmw

Chester is a FANTASTIC vocalist and can bring amazing vocals to many projects. However, Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise were two things I'll never touch with Chester on them.

Edit: Let me just stated, DBS wasn't Chester's fault. It was just a horrible project in my opinion. His part of the project was dead on, however his band-mates weren't as talented.

Dean
09-19-2010, 03:47 PM
He's already a better producer than Rick Rubin.
I doubt it.

Xero21
09-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Why does everyone love to undermine Rick Rubin and all the great work he's done? It really blows my mind.

/offtopic.

Polychromatic
09-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Rick Rubin is amazing.

Benjamin
09-19-2010, 09:27 PM
The producer only does so much for a record. I bet 90% of what Linkin Park's albums sound like are because of Linkin Park. Not Rick Rubin.

And I believe Rick Rubin produced this album called A Thousand Suns? I heard it's a pretty great album.

Adam.
09-20-2010, 12:41 AM
The producer only does so much for a record. I bet 90% of what Linkin Park's albums sound like are because of Linkin Park. Not Rick Rubin.

And I believe Rick Rubin produced this album called A Thousand Suns? I heard it's a pretty great album.

Co-produced. With Mike..

Agent Sideburns
09-20-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't want Chester on any FM material either, if Mike wants to do something in the future ie. The whole point of FM was to step outside the LP-realm and do something on his own. Having Chester would be contradictory to that. Plus, I personally want Mike to work with other talented artists and create a name for himself as a legit hip-hop producer.

travz21
09-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah, but there is no longer an LP-realm. They have no boundaries anymore. I'd be really annoyed if Mike did another Fort Minor, just for that reason. I think having 10 or more people featured on an LP hip hop album would be creamtastic. Having that many people in the studio producing some sick music......yum.

Agent Sideburns
09-20-2010, 01:29 AM
By "LP realm" I meant Mike getting away from LP to refresh his mind by doing his own thing. That includes working with artists other than the Linkin Park members. So having Chester on would work against that idea. That is all.

travz21
09-20-2010, 01:55 AM
That just seems to be going against the grain to me.

Dean
09-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Yeah, but there is no longer an LP-realm. They have no boundaries anymore. I'd be really annoyed if Mike did another Fort Minor, just for that reason. I think having 10 or more people featured on an LP hip hop album would be creamtastic. Having that many people in the studio producing some sick music......yum.
Yeah. For better or for worse I don't see any of them doing solo project type stuff for a while now. At best there could be one or two of them collaborating with people from outside the band, but then they've always done that.

NateXY
09-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Uhhhh, wouldn't Fort Minor with Chester be, Linkin Park?

Polychromatic
09-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Uhhhh, wouldn't Fort Minor with Chester be, Linkin Park?
Yeah because Brad, Rob, Joe, and Dave are all in Fort Minor. :D

Benjamin
09-21-2010, 12:34 AM
How about this?

The next LININ PARK album is a hip hop record. Yes, HT and Meteora have a lot of rap, but that rap was mostly over guitars. Every single verse in all the songs would be rap and Chester would appear in a few choruses.

Whether it's LP or FM (sorry DBS, not you), I hope for a new album in 2 years. As Dean was saying, another collaboration (whether it's an EP like CC or a "We Made It") would be nice.

NateXY
09-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah because Brad, Rob, Joe, and Dave are all in Fort Minor. :D

Lol. I meant just the vocalists :P

cstebila
09-22-2010, 02:40 AM
How about this?

The next LININ PARK album is a hip hop record. Yes, HT and Meteora have a lot of rap, but that rap was mostly over guitars. Every single verse in all the songs would be rap and Chester would appear in a few choruses.

Whether it's LP or FM (sorry DBS, not you), I hope for a new album in 2 years. As Dean was saying, another collaboration (whether it's an EP like CC or a "We Made It") would be nice.

As long as it features lyrics of a similar style to their early days. High Voltage, Dedicated, Step Up, hell even Papercut, Figure .09, and Hit the Floor had classic LP written all over them, despite Mike calling the former lot something along the lines of a "jargon mess", they worked really well and were memorable. Recent rap has been extremely dissappointing (not just in the lack of some fun production on the lyrics, by all means you can get rid of this if you're going for a stripped down approach, but in addition they're not as crazy technical fun)

If the crazy technical fun isn't "authentic," but was just juvenile lyrics, it still says nothing to the point that it seems When They Come For Me / Wretches and Kings (rap parts mind you) can't hold a candle to their High Voltage and the rest.

Benjamin
09-22-2010, 03:15 AM
I honestly love the rapping lyrics in ATS. WTCFM features the obvious "Why do we have to make the same music over and over again" theme, which I really like. Waiting for the End is great too. I haven't really payed close attention to that song lyrically though but I love the catchiness of it. And lastly there's Wretches. Talking about how the upper class dominates and the "rage against the machine", etc. ATS rapping is quite different, yes, but I still love it.

When you think about it, High Voltage and When They Come For Me aren't too different lyric wise.

Flooder
09-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Yep. Still listening.

Polychromatic
09-22-2010, 11:51 PM
How about this?

I don't think that would work. Maybe if there was some singing, and if you want to keep it to minimum like in WTCFM, but I wouldn't want Mike to rap in more than 3 or 4 tracks if he is doing that over singing. Mike's rap was all Fort Minor this time around, with the exception of Waiting For The End.

Benjamin
09-23-2010, 12:45 AM
I don't think that would work. Maybe if there was some singing, and if you want to keep it to minimum like in WTCFM, but I wouldn't want Mike to rap in more than 3 or 4 tracks if he is doing that over singing. Mike's rap was all Fort Minor this time around, with the exception of Waiting For The End.

Basically what I'm describing is an album where every song is kinda like WTCFM. Also like Wretches (except maybe not heavy guitars like that song incorporates)

Polychromatic
09-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Basically what I'm describing is an album where every song is kinda like WTCFM. Also like Wretches (except maybe not heavy guitars like that song incorporates)

I would see this as the next Fort Minor album. With the way Mike raps in those two songs, I wouldn't be suprised if they were possible Fort Minor roughs or even lyrics to a possible second album (not saying there will be one).

When They Come For Me - this Mike sounds new to me but has the emotion of cigarettes / get me gone
Wretches and Kings - this Mike sounds like the slow paced in stereo but with the rage of there they go.

These two songs alone, as much as I love them, don't even feel LPesque, they feel like Fort Minor. The thing about that is, that's the wrong approach to go when designing and LP album. Mike rapping is sweet, but if he wants to go all out, don't spill out over 16-20 different verses on a full length album.

Benjamin
09-23-2010, 09:35 PM
I would see this as the next Fort Minor album. With the way Mike raps in those two songs, I wouldn't be suprised if they were possible Fort Minor roughs or even lyrics to a possible second album (not saying there will be one).

When They Come For Me - this Mike sounds new to me but has the emotion of cigarettes / get me gone
Wretches and Kings - this Mike sounds like the slow paced in stereo but with the rage of there they go.

These two songs alone, as much as I love them, don't even feel LPesque, they feel like Fort Minor. The thing about that is, that's the wrong approach to go when designing and LP album. Mike rapping is sweet, but if he wants to go all out, don't spill out over 16-20 different verses on a full length album.

Yeah I'm just saying it's a possibility. LP likes to try new things. I think what makes WaK an LP song is simply the presence of heavy guitars (ok technically they may not be but they might as well be).

Polychromatic
09-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Yeah I'm just saying it's a possibility. LP likes to try new things. I think what makes WaK an LP song is simply the presence of heavy guitars (ok technically they may not be but they might as well be).

I know but I wouldn't want more than 60% of the songs to have rapping in them. It would get old. I would miss the ballads and singing I grew to love for almost 4 years.

JESEFF
09-23-2010, 10:49 PM
I know but I wouldn't want more than 60% of the songs to have rapping in them. It would get old. I would miss the ballads and singing I grew to love for almost 4 years.

Have Mike do a rap ballad in one of the upcoming albums (e.g. I Need Love by LL Cool J)

Disjointedheart
09-27-2010, 12:37 AM

I actually listened to some of the album this morning while I was getting ready for work...I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Vdalem
09-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Have Mike do a rap ballad in one of the upcoming albums (e.g. I Need Love by LL Cool J)

Hmmmmm, LL is suppose to see if he'll be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. If he gets in maybe they can ask Mike to do that song. Great now I got that in my head! Thanks Jay! *pokes forehead*

Polychromatic
09-29-2010, 08:24 PM
I am re-purchasing this and re-downloading We Major today. I miss classics like Cigarettes and Believe Me.

Vdalem
09-29-2010, 09:18 PM
I am re-purchasing this and re-downloading We Major today. I miss classics like Cigarettes and Believe Me.

*sighs* Love those songs too! Not to mention Slip out the back

Polychromatic
09-29-2010, 09:45 PM
*sighs* Love those songs too! Not to mention Slip out the back

Ah, that was a classic as well.

The Iki Ali
09-30-2010, 04:33 PM
This album is the shit.
Just started listening to the whole album out of the blue.

Hmm... I wonder when will Fort Minor reemerge? =.=""

The Iki Ali
09-30-2010, 04:34 PM
(double posted. my effing bad. ^.^"")

Polychromatic
09-30-2010, 08:24 PM
We all can't forget the bonus tracks that came with the album. "Be Somebody" being my favorite.

Disjointedheart
09-30-2010, 08:28 PM

I lost We Major when my computer crashed. I haven't been able to find anywhere to download it since.

Polychromatic
09-30-2010, 08:53 PM
I lost We Major when my computer crashed. I haven't been able to find anywhere to download it since.

I can't give away links but it's very easy to find.

Disjointedheart
09-30-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm an idiot...I have We Major what I lost was the Fort Minor Militia EP. That has been impossible for me to find again.

cstebila
09-30-2010, 11:40 PM
I wasn't a big fan upon its release, and I haven't come around to enjoy it very much since. Don't particularly enjoy the entire "in your face," "superior to you," vibe some of the songs give. Its extremely immature imho.

Benjamin
10-01-2010, 12:39 AM
A lot of you guys fail. You do know that LPA themselves have a download link of We Major under the media tab, right? :lol:.

Polychromatic
10-01-2010, 11:25 PM
A lot of you guys fail. You do know that LPA themselves have a download link of We Major under the media tab, right? :lol:.

I didn't care to look for it though, I didn't really want it haha.