PDA

View Full Version : LP Hire New Director

Mark
04-30-2003, 08:30 PM
LP have hired Mark Romanek as the director of the video for the next single off "Meteora". The video for "Faint" is being shot today in the Hollywood part of Los Angeles. Linkin Park's usual director, DJ Joseph Hahn, is taking a break from directing for the video. Mr. Hahn's previous directing stints were the videos for "Papercut", "In The End", "Pts.Of.Athrty" and "Somewhere I Belong".

Mark Romanek has directed videos for Audioslave's "Cochise", the Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Can't Stop", Nine Inch Nail's "The Perfect Drug" and "Closer", along with other videos for No Doubt, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, David Bowie, Lenny Kravitz, Madonna, Johnny Cash and Beck. Romanek has won over a dozen MTV Video Awards, 3 Grammy's, and various other highly acclaimed awards.

Expect the video to hit your television in late May.

Whimsicality
04-30-2003, 09:53 PM
It will be interesting to see how the vid turns out...We know Joe likes monsters and sort of fantasy/sci-fi like ideas, but I can't remember any videos I've seen by the new director...I'm sure I have, I just cant think of them off the top of my head.

Pinkin Lark
04-30-2003, 10:15 PM
thats good news...i hope its more like a crawling type video i love that video!

User Name
04-30-2003, 10:34 PM
Uhh.. It's gonna be a concert-like video, there, bud. Methinks you need to do a little catching up.

Pinkin Lark
04-30-2003, 10:42 PM
ah...i see well i didnt know that now i do

OggeM
04-30-2003, 10:46 PM
I just hope it's good :)

Mark
05-01-2003, 01:02 AM
this guy has directed some pretty great videos, i think we can expect something very good.

LProckon
05-01-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by OggeM@Apr 30 2003, 02:46 PM
I just hope it's good :)
i'm sure it will be. i don't think Linkin Park will let a bad video pass by them :)

Mcnasty
05-01-2003, 03:52 AM
i dislike concert videos soo much aer you sure its going to be one like that :mellow:

Pinkin Lark
05-01-2003, 04:56 AM
i hope not all of its a concert

Happy Gilmore
05-01-2003, 07:42 AM
Actually I think that it's better that they've changer Joe, cuz he kind of screw up with the SIB video :wth: "In The End" was great but the SIB.......

Amy
05-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Happy Gilmore@May 1 2003, 05:42 PM
Actually I think that it's better that they've changer Joe, cuz he kind of screw up with the SIB video :wth: "In The End" was great but the SIB.......
What didnt you like SIB? I think it was great!

It will be interesting to see a LP video not directed by Joe. It will be all cool and stuff! Its gonna be great! I cant wait to see this video. Who cares that its only like a concert?!

Happy Gilmore
05-01-2003, 08:10 AM
Nope :( I didn't quite enjoy it..... I don't say it's BAD, it's good but not as good as "In The End"

Cal
05-01-2003, 08:23 AM
on the linkin park screensaver, it downloaded all the LP videos, and underneath it when a video is on it tells u who directed it and what album its from, under in the end it says nathan "karma" cox

Shinji
05-01-2003, 01:36 PM
Woaaah that i think the video would be great !! but i think mr. hahn should direct the video

Cal
05-01-2003, 02:01 PM
One Step Closer - Gregory Dark
Papercut - Nathan "Karma" Cox
In The End - Nathan "Karma" Cox
Crawling - Brothers Strause
Somewhere I Belong - Mr Hahn
Points Of Authority - My Hahn
Kyur4 Th Ich - Chairman Hahn

these are the people who directed these videos

according to the linkin park official screensaver :rolleyes:

Mark
05-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ViSuAL@May 1 2003, 11:31 AM
One Step Closer - Gregory Dark
Papercut - Nathan "Karma" Cox
In The End - Nathan "Karma" Cox
Crawling - Brothers Strause
Somewhere I Belong - Mr Hahn
Points Of Authority - My Hahn
Kyur4 Th Ich - Chairman Hahn

these are the people who directed these videos

according to the linkin park official screensaver :rolleyes:
all of those are correct except "In The End". Joe won an MTV Video Music Award for it last year. And i'm not sure about the non-Pts.Of.Athrty vids from Reanimation.

Cal
05-01-2003, 09:18 PM
ok but im just telling u what it says on the screensaver :)

User Name
05-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Joe co-directed "In The End" with Mr. Cox. Hope that clears it up.

[Darken Hybrid]
05-01-2003, 11:54 PM
A new director...I think that's going to be great! Mr. Hahn has experience making videos but he is not a pro. I think that we are expecting some different from all the other videos. ^_^

Bryan
05-02-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by [Darken Hybrid]@May 1 2003, 07:54 PM
A new director...I think that's going to be great! Mr. Hahn has experience making videos but he is not a pro. I think that we are expecting some different from all the other videos. ^_^
I don't think there is such a thing as a Pro-Director, but if there was, Joe Hahn would be one. Hes done multiple videos for his own band, which happens to be one of the biggest rock bands today, and he's done videos for other people(Xzibit).

I also think he's helped out on some other band's video, I forget who though. But I may be thinking of the wrong person.

Mark
05-02-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Bryan+May 1 2003, 10:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bryan @ May 1 2003, 10:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--[Darken Hybrid]@May 1 2003, 07:54 PM
A new director...I think that&#39;s going to be great&#33; Mr. Hahn has experience making videos but he is not a pro. I think that we are expecting some different from all the other videos. ^_^
I don&#39;t think there is such a thing as a Pro-Director, but if there was, Joe Hahn would be one. Hes done multiple videos for his own band, which happens to be one of the biggest rock bands today, and he&#39;s done videos for other people(Xzibit).

I also think he&#39;s helped out on some other band&#39;s video, I forget who though. But I may be thinking of the wrong person. [/b][/quote]
Static-X&#39;s "Cold" video was directed by Joe.

he also did work for the X-Files, i&#39;m not sure if it was pre or post Linkin Park.

Bryan
05-02-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by LPFAN05+May 1 2003, 09:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LPFAN05 @ May 1 2003, 09:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Bryan@May 1 2003, 10:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--[Darken Hybrid]@May 1 2003, 07:54 PM
A new director...I think that&#39;s going to be great&#33; Mr. Hahn has experience making videos but he is not a pro. I think that we are expecting some different from all the other videos. ^_^
I don&#39;t think there is such a thing as a Pro-Director, but if there was, Joe Hahn would be one. Hes done multiple videos for his own band, which happens to be one of the biggest rock bands today, and he&#39;s done videos for other people(Xzibit).

I also think he&#39;s helped out on some other band&#39;s video, I forget who though. But I may be thinking of the wrong person.
Static-X&#39;s "Cold" video was directed by Joe.

he also did work for the X-Files, i&#39;m not sure if it was pre or post Linkin Park. [/b][/quote]
That&#39;s who I was thinking of, I knew he directed another band&#39;s video&#33;