PDA

View Full Version : The album has grown on me a ton since October.

Blackee Dammet
05-21-2010, 04:24 AM
I didn't like the album for the most part when it came out, but recently I've found myself listening to most of it every other day. I'm kind of disappointed now that it didn't sell worth a damn (and that nobody cared when they did live shows), would kind of like too hear some more.

Anyone else appreciate the album more now than then? Or did the novelty wear off and you don't even bother with it anymore?

hawk
05-21-2010, 11:10 AM
It had to grow on me, and it grew on me over weeks and weeks but it wasn't that "kick" for me.
I mean it grew on me enough to listen to a few of the songs over and over, its not that I didn't appreciate them - just didn't give me that "kick" I was hoping for.

[TDWP] Jacob
05-23-2010, 01:47 AM
Didn't like it when it came out and still don't like now. It makes me say "wtf was he thinking".

Emmet
05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
i definitely appreciate most of the tracks on the album. some of the tracks i felt were too cliche for me, but as a whole it was definitely a good album

hawk
05-29-2010, 06:29 AM
If I had to rate and give one line explanation on the rating it would be:
2.5 - Some decent songs but not enough to keep me listening.

Firefly
06-03-2010, 10:26 PM
I immediately liked Out Of Ashes, even if there were a few songs that I had to hear again.
But the whole thing was very good, mostly less agressive but that doesn't mean it has no power.
It was just more different to LP than I expected, but that's the point.
Just because it's no copy of LP doesn't mean it's worse!

hawk
06-04-2010, 06:25 AM
I immediately liked Out Of Ashes, even if there were a few songs that I had to hear again.
But the whole thing was very good, mostly less agressive but that doesn't mean it has no power.
It was just more different to LP than I expected, but that's the point.
Just because it's no copy of LP doesn't mean it's worse!

This may not be pointed at me or anyone, but I know that it's not Linkin Park and not mean't to be like Linkin Park but it just wasn't as a whole, good.

Firefly
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
This may not be pointed at me or anyone, but I know that it's not Linkin Park and not mean't to be like Linkin Park but it just wasn't as a whole, good.

It was just my opinion and what I felt about the album.
Well... okay, and I'm annoyed with people comparing DBS to LP.
I didn't want to say anyone here does ;D

hawk
06-04-2010, 11:38 PM
It was just my opinion and what I felt about the album.
Well... okay, and I'm annoyed with people comparing DBS to LP.
I didn't want to say anyone here does ;D

Fair enough, and I guess you're right.
We all have our opinions though.

KennyMG
06-06-2010, 01:46 AM
Dead by Sunrise has a great sound in my opinion. It's something different than LP, but Chester still pulls it off.

iamsatan
06-06-2010, 07:13 AM
I listened to it a lot for a month or so after it came out but it didn't really keep me interested enough to listen to it after that. I think it was also due to my music tastes changing as well, I've been listening to way more hip hop

Arlene
06-06-2010, 07:33 AM
I loved the album when it came out, listen to it less now, but still love it.

hawk
06-06-2010, 07:39 AM
I haven't listened since like, it was released.

nikolajlaulp
06-06-2010, 03:52 PM
i dont know if i think its good or bad its very hard

oryann
06-23-2010, 03:02 AM
It grew a lot on me. I LOVE Julien-K so naturally I was so excited. I didn't know how to feel when it was released.. I loved Let Down.

But as I listened more I liked it a lot more. I really like In The Darkness, Inside of Me, and My Suffering. It's just a really rocking album and I haven't heard anything quite like it in a while. OUTSTANDING vox by Chester btw.. holy shit..

minuteforce
06-23-2010, 07:28 AM
A lot of the songs still sound like "Minutes To Midnight" leftovers to me. I mean, I know they're not, but "Inside Of Me", comes off like a lesser version of "Given Up", for instance.

The songs where you listen to them and go "No way this could've worked as an LP song!" are the ones that show off Chester's side-project best, basically. :3

hawk
06-23-2010, 07:54 AM
The album grow off me, quickly.

Harlz
07-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I still love those softer songs on this album.

JJ
07-05-2010, 03:35 PM
I haven't listened since like, it was released.

same here really :mellow:

hawk
07-06-2010, 02:42 AM
Honestly, Dead By Sunrise was pretty much a fail.
Fort Minor please.

NateXY
07-07-2010, 06:55 AM
I loved Out of Ashes it was good as to me! Only a couple of songs which weren't that good, but still love it :D

hawk
07-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I loved Out of Ashes it was good as to me! Only a couple of songs which weren't that good, but still love it :D

Welcome to the LPA.
There are so many mixed opinions about Out of Ashes.
The albums good / the album sucks.
Some songs are good / they're all bad
and so on...

Fredyg
07-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Like some, this album grew on me. The likes of "walking in circles" and "in the darkness" I think are fantastic. I was very surprised it didn't do better than it did. I personally would like to see another solo album.

Ginsy Osiris
08-06-2010, 01:19 AM
My favourite song from OOA was End of The World
I am listening to it again and am finding it more enjoyable this time.

Xero21
08-06-2010, 03:17 AM
Out Of Ashes is definitely an album that is even stronger than the sum of its parts.

Benjamin
08-06-2010, 04:02 AM
My favourite song from OOA was End of The World
I am listening to it again and am finding it more enjoyable this time.

When I began playing End Of The World for the first time, I was thinking I was going to love it based on the first minute. However, I kept waiting for a catchy chorus and never got it. Then the song kind of drags IMO. It had some serious potential but DBS couldn't quite master the track.

I love Crawl Back In, Too Late, Inside of Me, Let Down, Into You, Walking In Circles, and In the Darkness. The other songs are also decent except for GMYN which makes my ears bleed. I feel the same way about Out of the Ashes now as I did when it came out.

Ginsy Osiris
08-06-2010, 09:24 PM
When I began playing End Of The World for the first time, I was thinking I was going to love it based on the first minute. However, I kept waiting for a catchy chorus and never got it. Then the song kind of drags IMO. It had some serious potential but DBS couldn't quite master the track.

I love Crawl Back In, Too Late, Inside of Me, Let Down, Into You, Walking In Circles, and In the Darkness. The other songs are also decent except for GMYN which makes my ears bleed. I feel the same way about Out of the Ashes now as I did when it came out.

I admit I didn't like the song at first either.

But now I love it. I think 2:17-2:30 makes the track. I personally really enoyed it. It mixed beautiful songs like Walking in Circles and In the Darkness with brilliant rocksongs like Crawl Back In and Inside of Me. But End of the World is defenitely my favourite. Hands down.

SabiLP
08-07-2010, 07:15 PM
The only song I don't like from this album si Condemned. But there's something about this album that when it was released I thought it's the best album ever, but now it's really overplayed to me. MTM, for example, I heard thousands times more but it isn't...

morra
08-08-2010, 09:50 AM
walking in circles is awesome imo.

Alexrednex
08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
The album grow off me, quickly.

This, I would have rather wanted a solo album(Without Julien K)

Kaleda519
08-30-2010, 08:10 PM
I actually really like the album now. It took a while to grow on me but yeh, I do really like it :)

Benjamin
08-30-2010, 11:55 PM
As Chester basically said, DBS will end up being a good thing. Whether you liked the music or not. Chester got to flush out all of his problems. Now we can get better lyrics and sounds in A Thousand Suns.

[TDWP] Jacob
09-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Out Of Ashes was a mess imo. Nothing was strong. Even the best songs were.. ok at best

Manu
09-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I REALLY liked the album during the first week, and then it quickly got old. Then I saw the exact same thing happened to a lot of you. Hmm.

leftshoe18
09-07-2010, 07:38 PM
The album has grown on me, but it's still not what I had originally hoped for. It's a decent rock album with a some good songs (Walking in Circles, My Suffering).

PFortyy
09-08-2010, 06:37 AM
LOL you guys are harsh!! Fire, Crawl Back in, Too Late, Let Down, Into You & Walking In Circles are amazing songs ...

Polychromatic
09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
I honestly didn't like this album. It never grew on to me yet.

travz21
09-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Fort Minor wasn't that good. Hip hop-wise, it was just average. I don't get all the love for it. Dead By Sunrise made a lot of generic songs, as well. But Chester is a much better singer than Mike is a rapper. He's as good as they come. So Out Of Ashes still shines pretty damn bright imo. The last 4 songs were completely brilliant. The ones preceding were just averagely constructed, yet sung amazingly. Into You, End Of The World, Walking In Circles, and In The Darkness are some of Chester's all time highlights.

Zach
09-16-2010, 05:52 AM
I only liked half of OOA when it came out, now I like more but I barely listen to it.

As for Fort Minor, I absolutely love that album and still do.

cstebila
09-16-2010, 11:45 PM
Eh... recently can't say I care for the album too much. :\

Meryl_
09-17-2010, 04:04 PM
I loved the album and still listen to it. The sound is amazing and chester's voice is perfect. You can't compare DBS and FM, I loved both of them for different reasons.

Duragon
03-09-2012, 02:07 AM
I still listen to it every now and then. Let down, Fire, Crawl Back In, and Give Me Your Name. is played quite alot at my place.

Pidgeon
03-09-2012, 03:21 AM
I liked it. Idk, I'm not even gonna the and defend it. I think its good and that's that lol

Emmet
03-09-2012, 04:24 AM
This thread has been inactive for well over a year. Please read the rules about necroposting in the Newbie Camp.

*Thread Closed*