PDA

View Full Version : New Coldplay Tour Announcement

The_Cool_Cow
03-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Everyone probably knows about this already, but Coldplay announced a new tour for the summer:

MAY
15 West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre [discussion] (on sale 10am, 23rd March)
17 Atlanta, GA - Lakewood Amphitheatre [discussion] (on sale 12noon, 21st March)
18 Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Center [discussion] (on sale 10am, 16th March)
20 Virginia Beach, VA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre [discussion] (on sale 11am, 20th March)
21 Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion [discussion] (on sale 12noon, 20th March)
23 Hartford, CT - Meadows [discussion] (on sale 11am, 20th March)
24 Hershey, PA - Hershey Stadium [discussion] (on sale 11am, 20th March)
26 Philadelphia, PA - Susquhana Center [discussion] (on sale 11am, 20th March)
27 Saratoga Springs, NY - SPAC [discussion] (on sale 10am, 23rd March)
29 Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion [discussion] (on sale 11am, 20th March)
30 Pittsburgh, PA - Post Gazette Pavilion [discussion] (on sale 12noon, 21st March)

JUNE
1 Buffalo, NY - Darien Lakes [discussion] (on sale 10am, 23rd March)
2 Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre [discussion] (on sale 10am, 23rd March)
4 Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center [discussion] (on sale 10am, 20th March)
5 Indianapolis, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center [discussion] (on sale 10am, 23rd March)
6 Nashville, TN - Sommet Center [discussion] (on sale 10am, 21st March)
9 New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena [discussion] (onsale 10am, 21st March)
10 San Antonio, TX - AT& T Center [discussion] (on sale 10am, 21st March)
12 Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena [discussion] (on sale 10am, 21st March)
13 Omaha, NE - Qwest Center [discussion] (on sale 11am, 21st March)
15 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre [discussion] (on sale 10am, 14th March)
17 Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledone [discussion] (on sale 10am, 14th March)
18 Edmonton, AB - Northlands [discussion] (on sale 10am, 14th March)
20 Vancouver, BC - GM Place [discussion] (on sale 10am, 14th March)

FINALLY they have a Vancouver date. May go, though the tickets are expensive unless you're in the back.

Andrea
03-13-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm thinking about going to the May 26th date, but I'm not sure yet. I personally hate the venue they are playing at because I don't like amphitheaters. So, who knows, lol.

barnes80
03-13-2009, 02:34 AM
VA Beach on my Gf's bday.... so perfect!!

Any idea on the prices, I couldnt find them listed yet?

Also I agree that they would prbly be alot better in an indoor venu but I saw LP on project rev at VA amp and it sounded perfect.

The_Cool_Cow
03-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Well, where I am, it's $100 for a GA ticket, $80 for first tier of seats, and $50 for second tier of seats. I'm in Canada though, so it may be different for you.

barnes80
03-14-2009, 01:52 AM
very nice! I was considering 100bucks being my limit... I really think this is a band that would be worth the ticket price to see close.

mellow
03-14-2009, 07:31 PM
I managed to get 4 tickets nose bleed section 317 for the vancover show on saturday. Its better then nothing which is what I though I would get! also for those who dont know coldplay announced a second show for vancouver on sunday the 21

Harlz
03-16-2009, 05:05 AM
I saw them last night in Sydney, $140 for GA... Bit steep, not very fair of them, but anyway, they put on a great show and it was worth it.

barnes80
03-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Well, where I am, it's $100 for a GA ticket, $80 for first tier of seats, and $50 for second tier of seats. I'm in Canada though, so it may be different for you.

Actually wait, what does GA mean if not general admission... originally i assumed it was like the closest seats because it was the most expensive price you listed, but now i think on it... GA usually means general admission...

Chris Tucker
03-16-2009, 08:28 PM
GA does mean General Admission.

barnes80
03-16-2009, 10:00 PM
GA does mean General Admission.

Then Cool Cow, did you mean 100 for GA then,
+ $50 for 2nd tier
+ $80 for 1st tier
?

barnes80
03-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Could anyone help me with buying tickets?

My date said presale starts the 19th at 10am

so today is the 19th and I went onto Live Nation which is where Coldplay.com leads me for tickets, and I went to my shows page and I clicked the buy tickets under presales, and it gives me tickets prices but doesn't give me an option to buy any and asks me for a Promo Code...

I'm looking at the May 20th Date at Virginia Beach Va.

Also it doesnt really tell me which seats the ticket prices are for, it just says price range 1, price range 2, etc....

Any help?

Chris.
03-19-2009, 06:36 PM
You need a presale code to get the presale.

Oh and is it possible for a mod or someone to fix the title for this? It's not that important but it's not right :lol:

Jesse
03-19-2009, 06:52 PM
I thought the person who made the title did it intentionally

like they were reversing and flipping sentence structure

Coldplay announces new tour , New Coldplay Tour Announces

The sky may cry, may the cry sky

or maybe I'm wrong :lol:

Chris.
03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I thought it should be "New Coldplay Tour Announcement" :lol:

Jesse
03-19-2009, 07:05 PM
that makes more sense , I didn't think of it. I'm kinda slow haha

:lol:

barnes80
03-19-2009, 07:19 PM
You need a presale code to get the presale.

Oh and is it possible for a mod or someone to fix the title for this? It's not that important but it's not right :lol:

hmm any idea where exactly you get a presale code... forgive my ignorance but ive never bought anything but GA tickets from ticketmaster.

Chris.
03-19-2009, 07:20 PM
I have no idea where to get the presale code but I went on there and checked out the presale and it seems you need the code in order to get the presale. I'd try asking on Coldplay's forums or something.

barnes80
03-19-2009, 08:05 PM
I have no idea where to get the presale code but I went on there and checked out the presale and it seems you need the code in order to get the presale. I'd try asking on Coldplay's forums or something.

Wow so I figured it out, but really the ticket prices they give you are not at all what it ends up costing you haha. A ticket that they say is 97 bucks ends up at 134 after all the fees.... I hate those stupid scams! Anyways, apparently not all the tickets go on sale on presale, and right now my option is either something way in the back, or on the lawn, so I think I will wait till the day they actually come out and see if I can get better then lawn then.

Andrea
03-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I was trying for the May 26th date this morning during the presale and it said PIT was $113. I was going to get 2 tickets, which obviously didn't include the fees tacked on afterwards. I had the tickets but I let them go because the prices are absolutely ridiculous. I saw them last year and my tickets were expensive then (around $95 or so) but I refuse to pay this amount. So I'm not going. Whoever sets ticket prices needs to be reprimanded.

barnes80
03-19-2009, 08:24 PM
unfortunately for my wallet I really really want to see coldplay live... I've heard such positive remarks about them and want to see em while I can.

Plus its on my girls birthday so it will save me on a gift and be a lot of fun.

Derek
03-19-2009, 09:30 PM
The Coldplay We Like To Overcharge Our Fans For Tickets Tour, coming to a town near you this summer.

Shadester
03-20-2009, 05:22 PM
$114 is too much for GA for any band. Prices are way too steep this year.

Harlz
03-22-2009, 01:53 AM
I was trying for the May 26th date this morning during the presale and it said PIT was $113. I was going to get 2 tickets, which obviously didn't include the fees tacked on afterwards. I had the tickets but I let them go because the prices are absolutely ridiculous. I saw them last year and my tickets were expensive then (around $95 or so) but I refuse to pay this amount. So I'm not going. Whoever sets ticket prices needs to be reprimanded.

I paid $140.

Though that was Australian $, but still...

barnes80
03-24-2009, 12:23 AM
I made a rash decision and paid $266 for 2 seats in the pit. I figured if it were that or paying $133 (1/2) for 2 seats on the lawn... i might as well just spend the money, because if i were on the lawn i'd be annoyed the whole time by my view and id just keep thinking about the $133, but i dont think I will regret the pit as much.

Daniel
03-24-2009, 02:30 AM
I positively can't stand Coldplay, but even looking at it from an objective viewpoint, that is way too much for GA for just about any band. The only ones I could even possibly justify that kind of price (and note I don't like these bands either) would be someone like Led Zep, the Stones et cetera.

Even Iron Maiden's tickets weren't this expensive, and they also played stadiums, with massive, moving stage sets, pyro and more.

barnes80
03-24-2009, 02:54 AM
well i mean, you also have to look at the venu pricing too. The tickets were only 95 total for up front seats, 35 for GA, which isnt bad at all and thats the only money that actually goes even close to the band. All the extra money is then what the venu likes to tack on and be rediculas with... venu fee, concert tax, federal tax, etc, after all those stupid fees you end up with an unfair price. But if you look at it from the perspective of the actual cost, it actually isn't horrible persay. If the band is charging 35 bucks for the show, then the label is gonna take some of that, the tour organizer will take some, etc.

I'm not justifying it at all, just saying you have to look closely at where the money is going before calling one person out on it. I honestly think the venues deserve the most blame for thinking its ok to add about 30 bucks in fees to a ticket.

Shadester
03-24-2009, 03:22 AM
^ At the local show, the GA were $100 and so were all floor seats 100s seats and 200 seats. Bit of a rip off.

Daniel
03-24-2009, 03:43 AM
That's true, but my point was bands like Iron Maiden, Muse and such, can play in the same stadium venues, with larger, more expensive stage sets, and their tickets are the same price/cheaper.

Harlz
03-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah Maiden were $110 for me.

Linkin Park, who I think are a fairly equivalent band to Coldplay in terms of popularity, legacy and their time period and such were only $100.

So yes, they overcharge and it isn't right.