PDA

View Full Version : Tool



Odaton
04-09-2003, 10:31 PM
I love Tool for its diversity and writing simply great music. Their songs range from a minute (Eon Blue Apocalypse, a middle-eastern acoustic song) to over thirteen minutes (Third Eye, my favourite!). They play softly (Disposition), loud (Ticks & Leetches and Undertow stuff), they play in different keys (LP plays in D minor and thats it, Tool I'm not sure but they play D minor, E minor for sure, and more), they play in different time signatures (4/4 a lot but they have played in 3/4, 6/8, and they did Schism in 7/8 time), and they change throughout many songs. Many tempo varieties are also present. On many songs, the rock structure (verse/chorus/verse/chorus) may not be present or only start a song, before it goes into development and flows much like an orchestral composition. They also develop their ideas more and better, something that Linkin Park could do a bit more. They also make you think. They have points of view (like on Aenima, they talk about how beliefs are dangerous, and to believe in nothing. while I don't agree it does have evidence and it is thought-provoking), they lyrics are very well done; sophisticated with many metaphors (Maynard James Keenan graduated from Westpoint Military Academy). Danny Carey is one of the best drummers of all time, he sometimes leads the entire band with a solo or carries the melody with the guitarist (he has a degree in music @ a university).

If you could voice your opinions about Tool (if you've heard enough to make an opinion) thats great. Tool is HARD to get into. Their latest album, Lateralus was 79 MINUTES LONG! With five of the 13 songs over 8 minutes! Schism (6:45) was the first song I had ever heard, and I thought it was pretty damn dull!

A year later I downloaded it again, and I listened to it and you need to focus on different aspects of the music (the vocalist is not always the lead 'instrument', because the voice IS an instrument and should be toned back sometimes), sometimes there is a drum solo, or the bass takes control, or the guitar comes in with a melody; you need to get used to it. If you can get into Tool, you'll love it, I guarantee!

Undertow is a good metal album, but the true classics are Aenima and Lateralus! Happy Listening!

Mark
04-10-2003, 01:06 AM
i've heard schism and parabola from Tool. i found the songs droned on too long and got pretty boring.

White Pony(turntables)
04-10-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Odaton@Apr 9 2003, 02:31 PM
I love Tool for its diversity and writing simply great music. Their songs range from a minute (Eon Blue Apocalypse, a middle-eastern acoustic song) to over thirteen minutes (Third Eye, my favourite!). They play softly (Disposition), loud (Ticks & Leetches and Undertow stuff), they play in different keys (LP plays in D minor and thats it, Tool I'm not sure but they play D minor, E minor for sure, and more), they play in different time signatures (4/4 a lot but they have played in 3/4, 6/8, and they did Schism in 7/8 time), and they change throughout many songs. Many tempo varieties are also present. On many songs, the rock structure (verse/chorus/verse/chorus) may not be present or only start a song, before it goes into development and flows much like an orchestral composition. They also develop their ideas more and better, something that Linkin Park could do a bit more. They also make you think. They have points of view (like on Aenima, they talk about how beliefs are dangerous, and to believe in nothing. while I don't agree it does have evidence and it is thought-provoking), they lyrics are very well done; sophisticated with many metaphors (Maynard James Keenan graduated from Westpoint Military Academy). Danny Carey is one of the best drummers of all time, he sometimes leads the entire band with a solo or carries the melody with the guitarist (he has a degree in music @ a university).

If you could voice your opinions about Tool (if you've heard enough to make an opinion) thats great. Tool is HARD to get into. Their latest album, Lateralus was 79 MINUTES LONG! With five of the 13 songs over 8 minutes! Schism (6:45) was the first song I had ever heard, and I thought it was pretty damn dull!

A year later I downloaded it again, and I listened to it and you need to focus on different aspects of the music (the vocalist is not always the lead 'instrument', because the voice IS an instrument and should be toned back sometimes), sometimes there is a drum solo, or the bass takes control, or the guitar comes in with a melody; you need to get used to it. If you can get into Tool, you'll love it, I guarantee!

Undertow is a good metal album, but the true classics are Aenima and Lateralus! Happy Listening!
*doesn't read*

anyways tool is one of my favorite bands


'][' [[]] [[]] ][_

sup103
04-10-2003, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by White Pony(turntables)@Apr 10 2003, 01:09 AM
'][' [[]] [[]] ][_
White Pony, you are weird.

Happy Gilmore
04-10-2003, 08:57 AM
I hav a friend in my class who likes 'Tool' very much, but i don't. I think they are TOO weird...

Amy
04-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by LPFAN05@Apr 10 2003, 11:06 AM
i've heard schism and parabola from Tool. i found the songs droned on too long and got pretty boring.
I agree with that! I heard those 2 songs and I really really hate them. :rolleyes:

Absolut Xero
04-10-2003, 11:04 AM
ive heard some of their songs..some are cool,but then again,some are wayyy too long..its annoying when the song is like 6 minutes long

Bryan
04-10-2003, 11:26 AM
They're ok.

Did anyone know they do their shows "flipped around" unlike other bands. They have the drummer in the very front, and the singer in the back.

Todd
04-10-2003, 12:18 PM
cant stand em

Shinji
04-10-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by EvilAmy+Apr 10 2003, 01:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EvilAmy @ Apr 10 2003, 01:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LPFAN05@Apr 10 2003, 11:06 AM
i&#39;ve heard schism and parabola from Tool. i found the songs droned on too long and got pretty boring.
I agree with that&#33; I heard those 2 songs and I really really hate them. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
i totally agree :D

Will
04-10-2003, 07:00 PM
They&#39;re alright. I like A Perfect Cirlce a lot more, though.

Pinkin Lark
04-10-2003, 07:04 PM
they&#39;re alright i guess, i have only heard a few songs from them.

Aaron
04-10-2003, 07:14 PM
crud

Mark
04-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Will@Apr 10 2003, 03:00 PM
They&#39;re alright. I like A Perfect Cirlce a lot more, though.
yeah, APC are 10x better.

Odaton
04-11-2003, 12:05 AM
:o What a negative reaction&#33; :(

Well, those are your opinions. And 6 minutes is a medium sized Tool song...

Since LP is a VERY catchy band, though, and Tool is hard to get into, well, I guess that this reaction is normal. Although I think Parabola is a really catchy tune with the riff and the guitar solo and everything develops quickly too&#33;

BUT anyone has to realize the brilliance of Schism, from the complex lyrics (&#39;Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion&#39;) to the spider-like percussion (he does a lot with the hi hats), the 7/8 time signature, the triplet in the melody and the climax for the ending, I think that everyone should give it a try. And if Lateralus music is wierd for you, try Undertow songs like SOBER and PRISON SEX. Actually most of you would like Sober a lot, few &#39;boring&#39; parts and only 5 minutes long&#33; Download it&#33;

And yeah APC is awesome but nowhere near the creativity or power of Tool&#39;s music, IMO, although a bit more catchier.

Kæton
04-11-2003, 01:01 AM
Hey, I love Tool :D&#33;

I got into Tool when I heard "Schism". Actually, I heard "Hooker With A P***s" first, lol. Anyways, I love Tool&#39;s music&#33; It works EXTREMELY well when I am drawing/sketching. It gets me in a dark-ish type of mode which gives me a type of creativity drive :D.

I like Lateralus (the song), although it&#39;s 9 minutes long, it makes good drawing time :).

Phantom Duck
04-11-2003, 01:49 PM
L.P. are catchy? Noo, i just think the really rock, and, yes, they&#39;ve caught on, but they have a lot more to offer to those who want to take a closer look. And... wouldn&#39;t it be a little annoying if Chaz and Mike were far away from the crowd and Rob was playing right in front of them? Rob is my favourite, don&#39;t misjudge, but his place is in the background. And that&#39;s the best: making the difference while not being seen.

P.S: I hate long posts
:chemist:

Odaton
04-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Keaton@Apr 11 2003, 01:01 AM
Hey, I love Tool :D&#33;

I got into Tool when I heard "Schism". Actually, I heard "Hooker With A P***s" first, lol. Anyways, I love Tool&#39;s music&#33; It works EXTREMELY well when I am drawing/sketching. It gets me in a dark-ish type of mode which gives me a type of creativity drive :D.

I like Lateralus (the song), although it&#39;s 9 minutes long, it makes good drawing time :).
Glad that you like them, Keaton&#33;

The first song I heard from then was Schism, too.

Lateralus is an amazing track. Its almost 9 and a half minutes long. I love the riff and it has like 3 guitar solos. And then there&#39;s the slow part where Danny (drums) and the guitars are playing at different speeds&#33; :D I love that part&#33;

Odaton
04-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Duck@Apr 11 2003, 01:49 PM
L.P. are catchy? Noo, i just think the really rock, and, yes, they&#39;ve caught on, but they have a lot more to offer to those who want to take a closer look. And... wouldn&#39;t it be a little annoying if Chaz and Mike were far away from the crowd and Rob was playing right in front of them? Rob is my favourite, don&#39;t misjudge, but his place is in the background. And that&#39;s the best: making the difference while not being seen.

P.S: I hate long posts
:chemist:
LP is VERY catchy. I don&#39;t know why you would say otherwise&#33;

Anyways, they put Danny Carey up front because he is SO amazing&#33; If you get a chance to hear his stuff you should. Actually, I&#39;ll put up a link later to one of his guitar solos.

And you think Rob&#39;s kit is large? Here&#39;s Danny&#39;s kit:

Drumset
Sonor Designer Series
8x14 bronze snare
14x14 floor tom
18x16 floor tom
18x24 bass drum
18x22 bass drum
8x8 tom
10x10 tom
14" RotoTom


Electronics
Simmons SDX pads
Hardware: Sonor


Heads Evan&#39;s heads, power center-snare, Hydraulic-toms, hydraulic & EQ3 on bassCabs


Pedals
Axis

Cymbals
14" Paiste Dark Crisp hi-hats
22" Novo China
12" S.F. Flanger Bell
13" Sound Formula Mega Cup Chime
8" Paiste splash
18" Sound Formula Thin crash
18" Paiste Full crash
22" Paiste Dry Heavy ride
20 & 22" Paiste Thin China
20" Paiste Power crash
6" + 8" Signature Splash
14" Signature Sound Edge Hi Hat
18" Signature Mellow Crash, Power Crash
20" Signature Full Crash, Thin China
5" Bell Chime on top of an 8" 3000 Bell


Sticks
Trueline

Pretty big. And he has some amazing parts too. Songs like Ticks & Leetches, The Patient, The Grudge, and Schism are examples on Lateralus. He has a lot of chimes and bongos and stuff that he plays in the background too&#33;

Sorry for the large post, why do you detest them?

Odaton
04-13-2003, 07:00 PM
Oh, For Danny Carey Solos. You can D/L them on Kazzaa or Winmx by searching for Tool drum solos. There&#39;s one 1:50 solo thats good, but the 3:25 solo is a lot better, with Simpsons clips in the background&#33; :P

So yeah check it out, he has really neat solos&#33;

Will
04-15-2003, 09:10 PM
*moves*

fear-is-the-mindkiller
04-16-2003, 06:57 PM
i used to like tool back in the day. Ænima was a classic album. well i thought it was anyways... ^_^

Odaton
04-19-2003, 03:11 PM
Aenima is amazing&#33; Their best&#33; Very thought provoking and controversial lyrics that makes it just a bit better than Lateralus. Some quotes:

&#39;Prying open my Third Eye&#39; - Third Eye

&#39;F*** smiley glad hands with hidden agendas/
F*** all these dysfunctional insecure actresses&#39;
&#39;One great big festering neon distraction/
I&#39;ve a suggestion to keep you all occupied/ Learn to swim...&#39; - Aenima
(Aenima talks a bit about Armageddon so that last line really fits&#33;)

&#39;All you read and hear on TV is a product/ Begging for your fat*ss dirty dollar&#39; - HWAP

&#39;They&#39;re totally void of hate/ But killing me just the same&#39; - H.

&#39;To ascend you must die/ You must be crucified/ For your sins and your lies&#39; - Eulogy
&#39;You&#39;ve claimed all this time that you would die for me/ Why then are you so surprised to hear your own Eulogy?&#39; - Eulogy

&#39;Boredom&#39;s not a burden anyone should bear...&#39; - Stinkfist

Some words to ponder over... :chemist:

[Darken Hybrid]
04-19-2003, 03:17 PM
I&#39;ve heard their name but never their music. what&#39;s their greatest song so far?

Odaton
04-19-2003, 03:24 PM
Tool has dipped in so many styles.

Their best to me so far is Third Eye.

But if you are starting out with Tool, don&#39;t start with that song (A thirteen minute epic).

Try some catchy Tool songs. Go and download &#39;Sober&#39;, &#39;Aenima&#39;, or &#39;Prison Sex&#39; by them. (The first two first, most preferably)

If you think the RHCP are wierd, well these guys video&#39;s are gross but they have amazing music that takes a while to get into. But if you get used to it I guarantee you will like them almost as much as you like LP&#33;

Odaton
04-20-2003, 02:06 PM
And if you like Tool and want to go more prog metal, try Dream Theater (lighter rock but very good, has a keyboardist :D The guitarist is John Petrucci, probably THE best guitarist around today&#33; ), or Opeth (crosses prog metal with death/doom metal but still can have a melodic sound. Don&#39;t like the death metal growling but they are brilliant)

Kæton
04-20-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Odaton@Apr 19 2003, 05:24 AM
If you think the RHCP are wierd, well these guys video&#39;s are gross but they have amazing music that takes a while to get into. But if you get used to it I guarantee you will like them almost as much as you like LP&#33;
lol, I agree.

Their videos are a bit freaky, but I love &#39;em&#33;

:P

corymerchant
04-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Tool is by far the best prog rock band out there. Their musical skills far surpass those of anybody from Linkin Park, and anyone else on the Planet even. Listening to Tool does things to you, it&#39;s hard to explain. Maynard James Keenen is a sick puppy, though. You realize these things when listening to songs like "Stinkfist" and "Prison Sex" and such.

arT saveS
04-21-2003, 12:49 AM
I think they are too weird also, I like the hard music..but they are gross i think..
But why do they use such weird names?
Lateralus (or whatever), Schism (or whatever), Aenima (or..whatever), ect....and i think that the singer has a weird name AND thats its real weird that he makes himself barf and his fans like it...
Sorry, just my oppinion that going to a concert is about hearing music, not seeing people ralph and then lick it up

Kæton
04-21-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Project: Hybrid@Apr 20 2003, 02:49 PM
I think they are too weird also, I like the hard music..but they are gross i think..
But why do they use such weird names?
Lateralus (or whatever), Schism (or whatever), Aenima (or..whatever), ect....and i think that the singer has a weird name AND thats its real weird that he makes himself barf and his fans like it...
Sorry, just my oppinion that going to a concert is about hearing music, not seeing people ralph and then lick it up
Because sometimes weirdness makes you stand out in a crowd. They stood out to me.

And those are actual words.

Schism means to seperate, Mantra is a hindu beliefe or chant or something, and Parabola is a round object or surface (I think). I think having some unusual titles seperates you from other bands. Like, I don&#39;t think Schism would have been the same if they called is "Apart" or "Seperation", because it just fits :P.

Then again, that&#39;s my opinion :whistle:.

Edit: And Chester used to barf at the end of One Step Closer (live) a long time ago, so yeah... The weirdness carries on differently in all bands :D.

Odaton
04-21-2003, 02:42 PM
At concerts, Maynard (James Keenan, the vocalist) is the crazy one. He dresses in bras, bodypaints himself...yeah hes the creepy one in the band. The others actually dress normally, Justin is shirtless maybe but the rest are all well-dressed. Not all of its sick, the bands really close, and at concerts you&#39;ll see that. They play great live performances, I hear (haven&#39;t been to one :( ), and if Maynard happens to do some crazy stuff, well thats him&#33; :D

I think its permissable to have the front man to put on a show cuz hes the &#39;entertainer&#39;, and thats also what concerts are about. I&#39;d LOVE to go to a concert where everyone is just playing music and they aren&#39;t into it&#33; :rolleyes:

arT saveS
04-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Keaton+Apr 20 2003, 08:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keaton @ Apr 20 2003, 08:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Project: Hybrid@Apr 20 2003, 02:49 PM
I think they are too weird also, I like the hard music..but they are gross i think..
But why do they use such weird names?
Lateralus (or whatever), Schism (or whatever), Aenima (or..whatever), ect....and i think that the singer has a weird name AND thats its real weird that he makes himself barf and his fans like it...
Sorry, just my oppinion that going to a concert is about hearing music, not seeing people ralph and then lick it up
Because sometimes weirdness makes you stand out in a crowd. They stood out to me.

And those are actual words.

Schism means to seperate, Mantra is a hindu beliefe or chant or something, and Parabola is a round object or surface (I think). I think having some unusual titles seperates you from other bands. Like, I don&#39;t think Schism would have been the same if they called is "Apart" or "Seperation", because it just fits :P.

Then again, that&#39;s my opinion :whistle:.

Edit: And Chester used to barf at the end of One Step Closer (live) a long time ago, so yeah... The weirdness carries on differently in all bands :D. [/b][/quote]
Ok, thanks.. ^_^
But I&#39;m gonna keep thinking its weird (even though Chester did)
I downloaded Aenima..and didn&#39;t really like the verses..but I did like the hard chorus...what are some harder Tool songs?

arT saveS
04-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Odaton@Apr 21 2003, 09:42 AM
At concerts, Maynard (James Keenan, the vocalist) is the crazy one. He dresses in bras, bodypaints himself...yeah hes the creepy one in the band. The others actually dress normally, Justin is shirtless maybe but the rest are all well-dressed. Not all of its sick, the bands really close, and at concerts you&#39;ll see that. They play great live performances, I hear (haven&#39;t been to one :( ), and if Maynard happens to do some crazy stuff, well thats him&#33; :D

I think its permissable to have the front man to put on a show cuz hes the &#39;entertainer&#39;, and thats also what concerts are about. I&#39;d LOVE to go to a concert where everyone is just playing music and they aren&#39;t into it&#33; :rolleyes:
Whoa..ok I just heard a couple more songs..and even though I think the vocalist is weird...he&#39;s very talented...and the band is great sounding...I&#39;m thinking about getting a CD... :whistle:

By the way..
Is the vocalists name Maynard or James Keenan? Or is it his whole name..Maynard James Keenan??

Magick
04-21-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Project: Hybrid@Apr 21 2003, 05:22 PM
By the way..
Is the vocalists name Maynard or James Keenan? Or is it his whole name..Maynard James Keenan??
Hehe, yeah, it&#39;s Maynard James Keenan.

===

I think I might go pick up Aenima on Wednesday.. I like Tool and I&#39;ve been meaning to check out more of their stuff. :)

Kæton
04-22-2003, 12:36 AM
I think I love Tool&#39;s music is because if you weren&#39;t to look at your CD player, you wouldn&#39;t know where a song began and ended. Usually Tool will like, have this continuous thing going like LP does with Reanimation and Meteora. But in Tool&#39;s case, usually the continuation of the songs match even though played alone.

As for the live stuff, his ways sort of remind me of like, Marilyn Manson&#39;s styles of live stuff. I think I&#39;d like a band that was not only singing the music, but is also in tune with a side that will have the crowd&#39;s eyes stuck on them. I guess I just like how many things have bands like Tool stand out.

I also like their artwork (although many think it&#39;s gross/weird), I think the talents in those images are amazing :D.

Odaton
04-22-2003, 10:03 PM
I see some that are getting into Tool. Trust me, its hard at first.

When I first bought Aenima, I only liked the hard choruses too, but you&#39;ll eventually get what this band&#39;s all about. Once your used to the band, check out Track 15 on Aenima (third eye), such an amazing song once you get used to Tool&#33;

And easier-listening, harder tracks are Prison Sex, Sober, Stinkfist, Undertow, Parabola, and Aenima for starters&#33;

Odaton
04-22-2003, 10:20 PM
I love Aenima&#39;s cover&#33; Although the images are kinda freaky&#33; It won a Grammy for Album Packaging, too&#33;
Not to MENTION Undertow (suggest you don&#39;t look inside the cover).
Lateralus is my favourite album from Tool. It has this translucent sleeve with all the titles on the front and the credits and songs with electrical symbols connecting everything. Then there&#39;s a booklet with all the body parts (i.e. muscles, veins, arteries, skin, bones) The jewel case is see-through, and over-all its unique packaging for a unique album. There&#39;s also a positiveness that you don&#39;t see in their other two albums&#33;

Top 5 Undertow Songs:

1. Undertow (5:21)
2. Prison Sex (4:56)
3. Sober (5:02)
4. Bottom (7:16)
5. Intolerance (4:54)

Top 5 Aenima Songs:

1. Third Eye (13:47)
2. Eulogy (8:25)
3. Aenima (6:37)
4. Stinkfist (5:09)
5. Pushit (9:55)

Top 5 Lateralus Songs:

1. Schism (6:45)
2. Lateralis (9:24)
3. The Patient (7:13)
4. Parabol/Parabola (3:04/6:02) (Intro then the song)
5. Disposition/Reflection/Triad (originally one song, totalling 21 minutes)

Odaton
04-22-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Project: Hybrid+Apr 21 2003, 10:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Project: Hybrid @ Apr 21 2003, 10:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Odaton@Apr 21 2003, 09:42 AM
At concerts, Maynard (James Keenan, the vocalist) is the crazy one. He dresses in bras, bodypaints himself...yeah hes the creepy one in the band. The others actually dress normally, Justin is shirtless maybe but the rest are all well-dressed. Not all of its sick, the bands really close, and at concerts you&#39;ll see that. They play great live performances, I hear (haven&#39;t been to one :( ), and if Maynard happens to do some crazy stuff, well thats him&#33; :D

I think its permissable to have the front man to put on a show cuz hes the &#39;entertainer&#39;, and thats also what concerts are about. I&#39;d LOVE to go to a concert where everyone is just playing music and they aren&#39;t into it&#33; :rolleyes:
Whoa..ok I just heard a couple more songs..and even though I think the vocalist is weird...he&#39;s very talented...and the band is great sounding...I&#39;m thinking about getting a CD... :whistle:

By the way..
Is the vocalists name Maynard or James Keenan? Or is it his whole name..Maynard James Keenan?? [/b][/quote]
Maynard James Keenan, Project Hybrid&#33;

arT saveS
04-23-2003, 12:53 AM
DUDE&#33;&#33;&#33; OMG&#33;&#33; You know on Aenima the part where Maynard sings "Cuz I&#39;m praying for rain
And I&#39;m praying for tidal waves
I wanna see the ground give way.
I wanna watch it all go down.
Mom please flush it all away.
I wanna watch it go right in and down.
I wanna watch it go right in.
Watch you flush it all away."?
Well I think that just became one of my all time favorite verses&#33; Maynard&#39;s voice totally blew me away when I heard it&#33; I&#39;ve fell in love with it&#33;&#33;&#33;

Kæton
04-23-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Odaton@Apr 22 2003, 12:20 PM
I love Aenima&#39;s cover&#33; Although the images are kinda freaky&#33; It won a Grammy for Album Packaging, too&#33;
Not to MENTION Undertow (suggest you don&#39;t look inside the cover).
Lateralus is my favourite album from Tool. It has this translucent sleeve with all the titles on the front and the credits and songs with electrical symbols connecting everything. Then there&#39;s a booklet with all the body parts (i.e. muscles, veins, arteries, skin, bones) The jewel case is see-through, and over-all its unique packaging for a unique album. There&#39;s also a positiveness that you don&#39;t see in their other two albums&#33;

Top 5 Undertow Songs:

1. Undertow (5:21)
2. Prison Sex (4:56)
3. Sober (5:02)
4. Bottom (7:16)
5. Intolerance (4:54)

Top 5 Aenima Songs:

1. Third Eye (13:47)
2. Eulogy (8:25)
3. Aenima (6:37)
4. Stinkfist (5:09)
5. Pushit (9:55)

Top 5 Lateralus Songs:

1. Schism (6:45)
2. Lateralis (9:24)
3. The Patient (7:13)
4. Parabol/Parabola (3:04/6:02) (Intro then the song)
5. Disposition/Reflection/Triad (originally one song, totalling 21 minutes)
Amazing.. you like... like all the songs I do&#33; lmao. Amazing&#33;

But then again, I like almost every Tool song, but yeah, those are some of my favs. :D.

And I agree, Lateralus&#39; cover art and booklet is amazing. And of course, Tool&#39;s artwork is like no other band that I know of yet, and that really makes their albums special :P.

arT saveS
04-23-2003, 12:58 AM
Hey, and who is Tool&#39;s guitarist..he kicks @&#036;&#036;&#33;&#33;

Kæton
04-23-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Project: Hybrid@Apr 22 2003, 02:58 PM
Hey, and who is Tool&#39;s guitarist..he kicks @&#036;&#036;&#33;&#33;
Adam Jones is his name, I believe. I&#39;m not 100% sure, but I think it is, lol.

arT saveS
04-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Keaton+Apr 22 2003, 08:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Keaton @ Apr 22 2003, 08:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Project: Hybrid@Apr 22 2003, 02:58 PM
Hey, and who is Tool&#39;s guitarist..he kicks @&#036;&#036;&#33;&#33;
Adam Jones is his name, I believe. I&#39;m not 100% sure, but I think it is, lol. [/b][/quote]
Thanks :D

Odaton
04-23-2003, 10:14 PM
Yup, Adam Jones&#33; Great guitarist, lots of distortions and stuff&#33; The drummer&#39;s my favourite, listen to him closely&#33; (Ticks & Leetches, whoa&#33; The guy must have eight hands&#33;).

And yeah, I love that part on Aenima too, Project Hybrid&#33; Other parts I like:

"Mom&#39;s gonna fix it all soon/ Mom&#39;s coming &#39;round to put it back the way it oughta be." :P

"F*** smiley glad-hands with hidden agendas/F*** all these dysfunctional insecure actresses&#33;"

And PH, if you want some more amazing stuff by Tool, go and pick up Lateralus RIGHT away&#33; :D

Odaton
04-23-2003, 10:15 PM
By the way, Keaton, nice Sig&#33; :teehee: :D ^_^

arT saveS
04-24-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Odaton@Apr 23 2003, 05:14 PM
Yup, Adam Jones&#33; Great guitarist, lots of distortions and stuff&#33; The drummer&#39;s my favourite, listen to him closely&#33; (Ticks & Leetches, whoa&#33; The guy must have eight hands&#33;).

And yeah, I love that part on Aenima too, Project Hybrid&#33; Other parts I like:

"Mom&#39;s gonna fix it all soon/ Mom&#39;s coming &#39;round to put it back the way it oughta be." :P

"F*** smiley glad-hands with hidden agendas/F*** all these dysfunctional insecure actresses&#33;"

And PH, if you want some more amazing stuff by Tool, go and pick up Lateralus RIGHT away&#33; :D
The one part I said I like gives me chills, it&#39;s great&#33; What are some good hard TOOL songs?

Kæton
04-24-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Odaton@Apr 23 2003, 12:15 PM
By the way, Keaton, nice Sig&#33; :teehee: :D ^_^
Thank you :).

After this discussion of Tool, I was inspired to make a sig for Tool :lol:.

And Tool is not really your typical metal bands. They&#39;re kinda&#39; just like... I have no idea how to describe them. They have their own sound that I&#39;ve heard through like Dredg, and Kenna (two unknown bands). It&#39;s like a soothing rock, but heavier.

It&#39;s really hard to explain, but I haven&#39;t heard Undertow and Aenima through fully, but of what I heard, it wasn&#39;t really the heavy stuff.

I like more soothing-ness when I&#39;m drawing or just trying to mend. Tool makes good mending time when under pressure for me :lol:.

Odaton
04-25-2003, 01:15 AM
Hard Tool songs would be &#39;Bottom&#39;, &#39;Undertow&#39;, &#39;Intolerance&#39;, &#39;Ticks & Leetches&#39; (their heaviest), &#39;Hooker With A male genital&#39;, and &#39;Sober&#39; are all hard songs. And download &#39;Lateralis&#39; if you have time too. Hard at times but has one soft part, you&#39;ll still like it&#33; :D

Odaton
04-25-2003, 01:25 AM
I was just on Tool&#39;s official site and it just announced that &#39;Aenima&#39; has been certified TRIPLE Platinum&#33; (w00t) Quite an accomplishment for such a band out of the mainstream as Tool&#33;

Odaton
04-30-2003, 09:04 PM
LOL I laughed so hard when I saw that they changed my post&#33; From &#39;Hooker with a *****&#39; to &#39;Hooker with a male genital&#33;&#39; :P

Anyways, like the drumset in my sig? :D

OggeM
04-30-2003, 10:24 PM
i think they&#39;re boring. :mellow:

Odaton
05-03-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by OggeM@Apr 30 2003, 10:24 PM
i think they&#39;re boring. :mellow:
Too bad you don&#39;t like them, but thanks for your opinion&#33; ^_^

Odaton
06-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Just bumping this thread up in case anyone else wants to comment on it&#33;

User Name
06-03-2003, 10:43 PM
I don&#39;t care if anyone want&#39;s to post about Tool in this thread, but old topics like this stay dead. With that said: pull something like this again, and I will neuter you with a dull spoon. ;)

Will
06-03-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by TwoFacedSoul@Jun 3 2003, 06:43 PM
I don&#39;t care if anyone want&#39;s to post about Tool in this thread, but old topics like this stay dead. With that said: pull something like this again, and I will neuter you with a dull spoon. ;)
LMAO.

:lol::lol:

Stuey_345
06-03-2003, 10:50 PM
I love tool. I downloaded lateralus and i need to get the whole aenima cd. Which of their cd&#39;s do you like the best?

Odaton
06-04-2003, 09:12 PM
I like Lateralus the best. The self-titled track, The Patient, and Schism especially, although every track is good (except The Mantra, just noises). That CD is just beyond comparison to anything else I&#39;ve heard. There have been a few fairly close, with those being Dream Theater&#39;s Scenes From A Memory and Tool&#39;s Aenima. Aenima is great too, with Thrid Eye being my favourite Tool song ever, but there are too many filler &#39;mood&#39; tracks like the mantra, but lots of great music. Undertow is less progressive then their newest stuff but still a great buy if you can find it, and their EP, Opiate is a gem, a very loud and angry Tool, with some great songs like &#39;Cold And Ugly&#39;, &#39;Part of Me&#39;, and &#39;Opiate&#39;. Their production here is really rough, giving them a very raw sound which really adds to the mood of the album. Oh yeah, and there&#39;s Salival too, with some redos of older songs and a few of new songs too&#33;

osctotheedge
06-04-2003, 09:30 PM
I only heard a few of their songs, but they are good. They resemble chevelle a little bit

Odaton
06-04-2003, 09:48 PM
Chevelle? I&#39;ve only heard one of their songs, Seeing Red or something like that. Any suggestions on what songs of theirs are good?

From what I heard there is a bit of resemblance, but Tool has much longer songs. I think the vocalist and the dark manner are what is kinda similar.