PDA

View Full Version : STOP REPOSTING POSTS IF THEY DO NOT APPEAR

Derek
04-11-2007, 08:43 PM
If your posts do not show up immediately after you post it is because all members under 50 posts are placed on a moderation queue. Do not resend the same post 5 times as it makes it incredibly frustrating for us to have to delete 4 duplicates before approving the original.

Most posts take only a short while to get approved, with the length varying per time of day and activity of staff members. Just hold tight and your thread/reply will appear in no time. If it doesn't it means it was either too pointless and noncontributing to the thread, or had so many spelling errors it was impossible for us to accept it. We edit all posts (that are legible) for grammar before accepting, 'u' 'kno' 'ov' 's'oz' etc aren't accepted here.

Minus
04-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Unfortunately, most u50s (under 50s) don't know this part of the forum exists.

...Lauren?
04-12-2007, 01:56 AM
I say you revoke the under 50 has to be moderated rule and just have me viciously attack the n00bs for talking like they dropped out of 3rd grade. :D

Just kidding, but seriously these teenie/newbies are really turning out to be a pain in the butt. And just think, it's going to be even worse when the album actually comes out... >_<

Derek
04-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Notice this though, ever since we put that in..the intelligence of these boards has increased dramatically, because blatantly stupid posts are just denied.

...Lauren?
04-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Notice this though, ever since we put that in..the intelligence of these boards has increased dramatically, because blatantly stupid posts are just denied.

That is true, but it must suck for you moderators, especially since they apparently keep resending them.

Louis
04-12-2007, 04:33 AM
Yeah, it must be a painstaking process for you guys.

But hey, you've got our support. If any ass-kicking needs to be done...well, we've got your back. :lol:

Derek
04-12-2007, 04:35 AM
That is true, but it must suck for you moderators, especially since they apparently keep resending them.

It does, hence this angry post. :lol:

Chris
04-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Wouldnt be handy when someone posts something, that a page appears saying "Your post have to be approved first. This could take 2-3 minutes. Please be patient" ? :P

Tomi
04-12-2007, 06:59 AM
Wouldnt be handy when someone posts something, that a page appears saying "Your post have to be approved first. This could take 2-3 minutes. Please be patient" ? :P
I was thinking that there should be a note above the submit button for the u50 group [I know it's possible for if-logic in IPB, surely VB too] saying their post will have to be approved first.

JJ
04-12-2007, 03:54 PM

good call - might just work..

Messy Marj
04-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Sounds alright, though I think they'd go impatient if you have to wait for that long.

Mark
05-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Bump.

A very much needed one at that. Fuck.

Todd
05-03-2007, 10:32 PM
We're eventually going to start handing out warnings for people who keep resubmitting posts. There's no excuse for it, especially when the new post pages and quick reply look like this for people with less than 50 posts:

Tomi
05-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Nicely done, Todd.

Minus
05-04-2007, 12:13 AM
I've never seen that message.

Oh wait... :lol: