PDA

View Full Version : Donation Link Is Fixed!

Derek
01-23-2007, 04:04 AM
Donations are now (apparently) working again as PayPal has apparently fixed my derek[at]lpassociation.com PayPal account that we used for vBulletin to buy it and all that junk. It still says "Kathy Oswald's KADEE Antiques" cause it was my family's business account, but since they don't use PayPal anymore (and I do) you all can donate that money that was refunded to you with the donations[at]lpassociation.com address because PayPal rejected it! Yay!

All you gotta do is send payment to derek[at]lpassociation.com and you're set. No more rejected donations cause I ripped PayPal a new one to get my derek[at]lpassociation.com account fixed. So yeah, get to it. :whistling

Direct Donation Link: Click Here (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=derek%40lpassociation%2ecom&item_name=The%20Linkin%20Park%20Association&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8)

Tomi
01-23-2007, 04:29 AM
Remember, it's derek[at]lpassociation.com!

Once again! derek[at]lpassocation.com

derek[at]lpassociation.com

Derek
01-23-2007, 10:58 AM
I did that to avoid spam crawlers picking up my email address..smartass.

Direct Donation Link: Click Here (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=derek%40lpassociation%2ecom&item_name=The%20Linkin%20Park%20Association&no_shipping=2&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8)

Tomi
01-23-2007, 04:14 PM
I did that to avoid spam crawlers picking up my email address..smartass.

I was mocking you for repeating derek[at]lpassociation.com so much. :lol:

*coughderek[at]lpassociation.comcough*

:P

Derek
01-24-2007, 01:43 PM
So what happened to all the people who sent payments before? lol.

Tomi
01-24-2007, 03:30 PM
I think it's the whole grab the VIP and run scheme. :lol:

Derek
01-30-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks to Kacy for donating. My paypal officially works, so anyone who wants to follow his trend, feel free. It did not reject Kacy's donation like it used to do. =)

Minus
01-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Yay for donations!

And accepting donations!

Derek
03-09-2007, 02:18 AM
We really need you guys to donate...we just had to empty out our Paypal to help pay for just ONE month. In reality a simple 5-10.00 donation from even...10-20 people could go a long way to prevent text ads from appearing at the bottom of these forums. If just..20 people donated 10 dollars, it'd be enough to cover us for a FEW MONTHS here on the site.

So really guys, I don't mean to ask for too much, but if you have a Paypal..and some extra money in your bank account, if you could provide some monetary help..it'd keep us from having to resort to ads or having to dig money out of our pockets (when we already got other bills etc.) to pay every month.

I'm making this post because I'm dealing with the reality of having to put text ads so we don't have to ask you guys for money..and I don't wanna have to do that if it's not necessary. You know how I feel about subjecting you guys to that stuff, which is why..any help would be more amazing then you could ever know.

LinkinJunior
03-09-2007, 03:48 AM
should it still say "Kathy Oswald's KADEE Antiques" as seller?

edit: nvm, i read the above a bit more closely.

Derek
03-09-2007, 04:01 AM
FUCKING HELL LJ.

50 Dollars?!

Everyone follow this kid's example. Seriously. One VIP status coming up.

LinkinJunior
03-09-2007, 04:11 AM
FUCKING HELL LJ.

50 Dollars?!

Everyone follow this kid's example. Seriously. One VIP status coming up.

What can I say, I enjoy this site. Great info and friendly people, nice combination.

Derek
03-09-2007, 04:14 AM
Kinda humbles me though. I mean sure Joe donated 50 for the forums...but you donated 50 just for the sake of donating.

Insane.

Now if about 20 people copied LJ, we wouldn't have to worry about ads :lol:

Tomi
03-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Hell, I'd do the same if I could, as this place is like a second home to me for exactly 3 years. I'd hate to see this place ridiculed with ads. =\

One day...

Derek
03-09-2007, 11:15 AM
If we ever did put ads, they would be google text ads that can be hidden and put at the bottom of the page.

We'd never resort to ugly flashing banners and popups. No thanks.

Tomi
03-10-2007, 03:58 AM
I figured you'd use adsense, but I'm still saying, I'd rather not see ads around here. Although, if that time does indeed come, the LPA will be on my AdBlock's whitelist.

Todd
03-10-2007, 04:01 AM
I figured you'd use adsense, but I'm still saying, I'd rather not see ads around here. Although, if that time does indeed come, the LPA will be on my AdBlock's whitelist.

Go ahead and add us to your whitelist and scroll to the very bottom of the page ;)

We decided to go with AdSense. And the ads aren't intrusive at all. Although if we're not getting many click thrus, we may have to move them to a more visible place, we're kinda testing the waters right now

Derek
03-10-2007, 04:18 AM
I mean if someone has a better idea on how to get an income for LPA to help pay for hosting, that doesn't necessarily involve creating merch (not thats its really a bad idea, there's just a lot of OVERHEAD) please let us know.

Tomi
03-10-2007, 04:38 AM
Go ahead and add us to your whitelist and scroll to the very bottom of the page ;)

We decided to go with AdSense. And the ads aren't intrusive at all. Although if we're not getting many click thrus, we may have to move them to a more visible place, we're kinda testing the waters right now
Oh, so you decided to?

btw, you're not supposed to tell us to click the ads. ;]

[edit]
Just a thought, the placement feels kind of out, design-wise [to me, at least]. Perhaps put it above the copyright, or skin selector/link nav.

Canadian Joe
03-10-2007, 06:03 AM
And seeing this thread just made me realize that I owe Derek 25 bucks. You'll get it when I get paid next :lol:

Todd
03-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Oh, so you decided to?

btw, you're not supposed to tell us to click the ads. ;]

[edit]
Just a thought, the placement feels kind of out, design-wise [to me, at least]. Perhaps put it above the copyright, or skin selector/link nav.

Where did I tell anyone to click anything? ;)

We'll leave the ads where they are now and see how it goes. If they need to be moved anywhere, we'll move them. BTW, if we move the ads anywhere besides the bottom of the page, somewhere more intrusive and annoying (which, I really hope we don't have to do), we'll set something up so VIPs don't see the ads.

JNudda
03-10-2007, 07:42 AM
we'll set something up so VIPs don't see the ads.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131150

Tomi
03-11-2007, 02:22 AM
It's amusing what the ads bring up. Who knew LP could mean so many things? Hah.