PDA

View Full Version : A Completely Spontaneous Thank You Thread!

Derek
01-06-2006, 06:03 AM
People have never doubted that I'm crazy or random, but looking through old threads and the like, and getting nostalgic..I decided to make another thank you thread. Besides, it's almost 2AM and I'll probably wake up wondering what the hell I was on last night..so cherish this while you can!

In all seriousness I have a reason to be thankful, as despite the 3 year history we've had as a website, a lot of you who now post here regulary, have only joined the past 1-2 years. This has made for a large boost in site and forum traffic over the past year and a half, even while the site was going through some severe technical problems of its own.

As many of you already know, in the past 6 months this site has gone through some of the hardest times its ever experienced as a site, since opening in 2002. In this hard time our members have had to deal with severe and frequent downtimes, site slowness, frustrating server moves and to top it off, two hackings only a few weeks apart from eachother.

While those issues would possibly spell death for any other website, you (our beloved members) have stuck with us through thick and thin, never leaving us or giving up hope on us on a whole, and that my friends...warms my heart. The entire lot of you have been so understanding throughout everything that has gone on and I dont think we would've been able to handle it without such a great group of people as yourselves.

To boost our morale, since the server and forum switch our hits have continued to grow by 1 million with each passing month. It would appear our site is getting bigger and bigger, and once again..that wouldn't be possible without any of you.

So for all of this, I thank you..and here's looking forward to another 3 years of LPAssociation.com!

Sincerely,
Derek

Tomi
01-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Well, it's not like this place is a like a drug and secound home to me, of course not. :lol:

You've done a great job managing the site, and not getting fed up through all of the troubles you've been put through. Hell, you could of dropped the site months ago, throughout all the hackings, and server problems, saying you've had enough. But you've stayed put. That is what makes an excellent forum administrator. Never giving up.

Plus even if you did give you, your house would be burnt down the next day ... wait, did I say that out loud? :ph34r:

And to put up with me is also a huge accomplishment. Good job. :lol:
[ I'd insert another comment here, but I think someone would jump down my throat. You know who you are and what I'm talking about. ;) ]

Messy Marj
01-06-2006, 11:44 AM
aww...that was sweet! :)

Tomi says it all really.

tremulant
01-06-2006, 12:26 PM
thats way too nice.. its almost uncomfortable to read

Intergalactic Christ
01-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Awwwww -goes around hugging random members-

Theazninvasion68
01-06-2006, 03:46 PM
Aww thank you Derek!!

...For keeping this site up and all :D

Guess the daily members that post and the newbies that come and go are glad they visited.

Linja
01-06-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm going to copy IC *goes around hugging members*

That was really nice and sweet. And.. wait. Only another three years?

Derek
01-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Yeah after that Tomi is going to become legally insane from years of LPA usage, and destroy it all :).

Amanda
01-06-2006, 06:45 PM
lmfao.

WE LOVE YOU TOO DEREK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linja
01-06-2006, 06:53 PM
:lol: Sounds like someone's had this planned for a while.

Derek
01-06-2006, 07:06 PM
If you mean me, I had been wanting to make a thank you thread for quite some time (not so spontaneous then is it?) but I wasn't able to get off my lazy ass and do it.

Now I finally have :D.

Louis
01-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Derek...

Just because I made you look through raps last night, doesn't mean you have to thank me about it!

Dedicated
01-06-2006, 08:27 PM
You're doing great, man. All of the staff are.

Tomi
01-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Yeah after that Tomi is going to become legally insane from years of LPA usage, and destroy it all :).
*chuckle*

Holiday
01-07-2006, 06:12 AM
I'm with Mali, I'm stealing the hug idea... *hugs random members* (good idea, IC :thumbsup: [damn it! I forgot your name...sorry. =( ])

I've now been on this site for over a year, have made a bunch of great friends, and have something to distract me durring my paper writing times. Thank you for making me have a reason to get on the computer. <3

Neil
01-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Well Derek, it would seem you enjoyed your first experiment with "E"

:lol:!

Paul
01-07-2006, 10:31 PM
Don't worry about it Derek. I'll always visit LPA.

esaul17
01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks to you to. This is my favourite forum site on the net and has by far the best community.

Tom
01-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey Derek and all staff members you have done a brillient job manageing this site and it's my favorite place on the web, i come on this site whenever i have the chance so thanks for keeping it alive!
:thumbsup:

Luke
01-08-2006, 09:57 PM
Wait a minute...It's a sign! Who's Dying?

:lol:

Ne need to thank us Derek, it's us who should be thanking you and the staff for building and running LPA :)

Minus
01-09-2006, 12:44 AM
Everyone else has said what I have to say. =]

Glenn
01-09-2006, 02:59 AM
If you mean me, I had been wanting to make a thank you thread for quite some time (not so spontaneous then is it?) but I wasn't able to get off my lazy ass and do it.

Now I finally have :D.
Ironically, you had to sit your ass down to actually do it.
I agree with previous comments, I'm very glad that you've stuck through the rough times and have comtinued to make this site prosper. I give you 50 kudos (the candy bars...if you want them)

Holiday
01-09-2006, 06:02 AM
Well Derek, it would seem you enjoyed your first experiment with "E"

:lol:!
:lol: !

That was great!

Derek
01-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Ironically, you had to sit your ass down to actually do it.
I agree with previous comments, I'm very glad that you've stuck through the rough times and have comtinued to make this site prosper. I give you 50 kudos (the candy bars...if you want them)

No thanks, I'm on a diet :p. Chocolate contains sugar and sugar = BADDDD.

JJ
01-09-2006, 07:39 PM
cheers derek - that was nice

Intergalactic Christ
01-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Yay, hug fest :D

User Name
01-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Three days and it's three years for me. The LPA has come a long way since I joined.

Nick
01-31-2006, 11:45 PM
ive been here not to long since april last year well idk if thats long but anyway derek im glad you keep this forum running without it id have no where to get all the lp and fm information i have found in such a short time being with all you guys,well call me a newbie but all you super members and derek and V.I.P's and anybody i missed..thanks for bein cool

Omar
02-01-2006, 01:46 AM
Such sweet text, however, please don't necropost. Look in the guide.

Todd
02-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Such sweet text, however, please don't necropost. Look in the guide.

Omar, the necropost time is 30 days, this was hardly 2 weeks ;)

Omar
02-01-2006, 03:38 AM
17 days, and 16 days too long for me. =P

Christopher
02-17-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey i just want to thank everybody on this site really
it's made me a bigger fan and learned me some valuable lessons on how not to post on a forum
and ofcours i've got a free and fun english class on this board (if you noticed my english imporving PM me :p)

spike_minoda922
04-01-2006, 08:00 PM
*looks around*...

wow its so spiffy now...

*bows down to everyone who made this possible*