PDA

View Full Version : Fort Minor's effect

Louis
11-26-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't know if there are any similar threads, but here goes.

Before Fort Minor, I was the kind of person who wouldn't really listen to rap at all, besides Mike's raps in Linkin Park. I couldn't tolerate, and I could barely tolerate Collision Course. But after Fort Minor, I've begun to tolerate any rap now. Mainstream isn't a nuisance to me anymore, it's just more interesting.

I don't know if it's been the same for any of you, but Fort Minor basically widened my variety of music.

Paul
11-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Fort Minor didn't really change my musical taste because I listened to a whole lot of rap before the project was even annouced.

Dedicated
11-26-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't know if there are any similar threads, but here goes.

Before Fort Minor, I was the kind of person who wouldn't really listen to rap at all, besides Mike's raps in Linkin Park. I couldn't tolerate, and I could barely tolerate Collision Course. But after Fort Minor, I've begun to tolerate any rap now. Mainstream isn't a nuisance to me anymore, it's just more interesting.

I don't know if it's been the same for any of you, but Fort Minor basically widened my variety of music.

You were probably unwilling to listen to that type of music because you'd stereotyped all of it as the shit on the radio.

As soon as a band or someone you like does something different, you become more interested in that different thing, in this case rap.

JJ
11-26-2005, 08:05 PM
i must admit i listened to more rap after collision course... now i class myself a fan

tremulant
11-27-2005, 02:30 AM
yeah i like rap alot but artists doing it right is so rare.. it seems easier to like a rock band and branch out to similar sounds then it is to do with a hip hop artist...

good to know you are open to new types of music.. coz i hate people who just totally ignores a genre

(except country)

Ether
11-27-2005, 07:00 AM
I only listen to rap that has a meaning to me...just like all the other songs that I listen to...FM has that meaning...

tremulant
11-30-2005, 10:13 AM
I only listen to rap that has a meaning to me.

like what?

Neil
11-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Fort Minor to me is not Rap. It's Mike Shinoda.

Evan™
12-04-2005, 12:03 PM

The birth of a new genre!

I didnt really listen to rap before FM, 'cause most of the rap on the radio is "gangsta" rap and it wasnt really appealing or sometimes not worth listening but with FM, its a completely different thing...it actually goes on about real life situations and stuff.

Dean
12-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Well, now I actually know who the people on the Need For Speed: Most Wanted soundtrack are.

saunderitos
12-05-2005, 07:17 AM
I've had a look for better rap after The Rising Tied, I havn't found much. I am sticking with Mike Shinoda and Will Smith for my rap needs.

tremulant
12-05-2005, 07:40 AM
I've had a look for better rap after The Rising Tied, I havn't found much. I am sticking with Mike Shinoda and Will Smith for my rap needs.

hmm mayhaps listen to DCS? or for pure Hip Hop.. check out the Roots

theres alot of good rap out there

NickelNine
12-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Fort Minor didn't change my taste in music at all. Hip-hop has been my favorite genre almost all my life. I was even a fan of S.O.B. before the project was announced. The only thing that changed is my opinion of Mike as an emcee/"rapper"/whatever. I think he's watered his style down and I think he's got a little bit of an ego now that I believe will show up on the next LP album.

saunderitos
12-07-2005, 04:18 PM
hmm mayhaps listen to DCS? or for pure Hip Hop.. check out the Roots

theres alot of good rap out there

thanks

syklone
12-13-2005, 10:06 PM
i concur wit tremulant so much. people who jus live their lives not accepting other music is totally ignorant and stupid. they might actually like the crap if they gave it a try.

but neil man, you didnt even make sense lol. mike shinoda raps on this album, so if you like him, then you like the style of music to.

i did like rap/hip-hop be4 this however. Gangsta rap isnt that good, lyrics that give an emotional affect on you is what really stands out. or hip-hop that has a good tone to it like black eyed peas, jay-z, three 6 mafia, pual wall, snoop dogg, ludacris, pitbull, etc. oh and gorillaz too!

Zyx
01-10-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm not listening to much rap, Fort Minor and some other songs but I still like mike best ^_^

Chaos
01-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Fort Minor didn't change my taste at all. I pretty much listen to anything except Country, and I wouldn't consider FM as country. So yeah thats my imput.

JJ
01-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Fort Minor didn't change my taste at all. I pretty much listen to anything except Country, and I wouldn't consider FM as country. So yeah thats my imput.
pretty much the same here

Nick
01-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Fort Minor didn't really change my musical taste because I listened to a whole lot of rap before the project was even annouced.

same here,before collision course even,i listened to Eminem,50 cent and those big rap names.And when Fort Minor came out i listened to it and loved it but it didnt change anything other than me searching for songs off of "We Major" lol.

Zakrisk
01-31-2006, 06:13 PM
You were probably unwilling to listen to that type of music because you'd stereotyped all of it as the shit on the radio.

As soon as a band or someone you like does something different, you become more interested in that different thing, in this case rap.

I don't like rap but I do like Fort Minor, and I do stereotype rap alot, but I've seriously looked into it...and I really hate the genre. I've looked at underground stuff and all that...the only other rappers I can tolerate are Eminem and Will Smith. The others, in my opinion, are terrible.

JJ
01-31-2006, 07:34 PM
iam not sure about anyone else but i've started noticing mikes parts in LP a lot more when i have come to listen to them.

dont get me wrong i was a huge fan of mikes before hand and now i totally love his lines even more than i did :)

Paul
02-03-2006, 03:36 AM
I would say the only thing FM did for me was introduce me to SOB. I obtained "Megadef" and "2000 Fold" and think their awesome. I can't wait for their third album.

El Muerto
02-04-2006, 01:02 PM
Amin to that

Christopher
02-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Well, now I actually know who the people on the Need For Speed: Most Wanted soundtrack are.

haha :p
i also noticed that ...

i'm not really into rap even though i really like FM
i don't know how to find out about other than mainstream rappers 'cause i'm totally not into 50 cent, P Diddy, ...

tyeremap
03-01-2006, 11:41 PM
I grow up listening to rap, so Fort Minor didn't change my musical taste. I listen to basically all music, just as long as it is worth listening to. I can see how people sterotype rap music to tell the truth, though. The majority of the rap music on the radio is just about sex, drugs, material things, degrading females and being "a thug". Thats why I stopped listening to alot of rap music like that. I love Fort Minor's CD. The lyrics was awesome. The song Cigarettes was nothing less than the truth. They showed how rap can be different and there is more to rap and hip hop than just what you hear on the radio. Hopefully other rappers will see that and want to stop putting nonsense in their lyrics.

tyeremap
03-01-2006, 11:45 PM
grew** My bad.

Andrea
03-02-2006, 12:57 AM
grew** My bad.

Use the edit button rather than double posting. ;)

$pvcxGhxztCasey
03-02-2006, 04:00 AM
someone please explain to me how Fort Minor isn't hip-hop, but infact "Mike Shinoda".

Paul
03-02-2006, 04:11 AM
someone please explain to me how Fort Minor isn't hip-hop, but infact "Mike Shinoda".

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Just people he's from Linkin Park dosen't mean he created a new genre.

Dr. Faust
03-11-2006, 04:20 AM
GiriosXeni, i ma the exact same as you. i didn't like CC, and i had otherwise ignored the rap genre, now FM opened me up to a new world.

Mystica
03-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Well at the very first i just love all the Chester's verses but after the Meteora i have to say that i started to listen to rapped more and more after that.... I Become addicted to Mike :peace: so i don't think that Fort Minor effect my taste anyway:shifty:

Louis
04-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Well at the very first i just love all the Chester's verses but after the Meteora i have to say that i started to listen to rapped more and more after that.... I Become addicted to Mike :peace: so i don't think that Fort Minor effect my taste anyway:shifty:

What does Chester have to do with this? I'm just curious cause you mentioned him...

erasethepain
04-11-2006, 03:34 AM
I think he's watered his style down and I think he's got a little bit of an ego now that I believe will show up on the next LP album.

I know what you mean... I don't see why he didn't rap like he did on Reanimation seeing as Fort Minor basically took In The End remix as their own. On some of the songs its alright to my ear, but he's lost the intensity in his music and has this new found ego and appearance... which basically goes against everything Linkin Park has ever stood for. I would never have imaged Mike to associate himself with 50 cent.

I'm suprised at Styles of Beyond. They really impress me. I don't enjoy listenning to this new Mike Shinoda all that much, but I dig the music itself and Styles of Beyond. It's Mike's career and he should do what he wants, but he shouldn't make himself out to be the honest, hard-working musician he once was.... yea, maybe he does work hard, but not for the reasons he wants the fans to believe in.

Marty Kirra
04-20-2006, 03:16 AM
FM didn't change my musical taste, but I wish more bands like FM we're out there. I'm truly tired of the "Laffy Taffy" and "My Humps" crap that seems everywhere lately.

Branden
04-30-2006, 03:46 AM
I basically listened to the record once or twice and I completely forgot Fort Minor was around.

They aren't bad, just for me anyway, it's very forgettable music.

So their effect on me? I guess they um... filled up more space on my iPod.