PDA

View Full Version : The Used's New Single

Chris.
08-11-2004, 03:48 PM
The Used's new single "Take it Away" can be heard over at their official site, www.theused.net (http://www.theused.net)

What are your thoughts?

(its not the whole song, just a preview that loops)

Tony
08-11-2004, 04:01 PM
WOW, that's all I can say, WOW. I love The Used and now by hearing the new single I want to hear the new album even more...

Maëlle
08-11-2004, 09:05 PM
I just understood why The Used is my favourite band of all time ^_^

Amy
08-12-2004, 08:17 AM
That kicks ass! I can't wait for this new album!

RememberingNever
08-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Sounds really good. I can't wait to by The Used's new album along with Chevelle's.

Whimsicality
08-14-2004, 01:24 AM
*overdoses on happy*

Scarlet
08-14-2004, 03:44 AM
Cool. Sounds really good. Can't wait 'til the album comes out. :)

Chris.
08-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Well, AP Magazine got an advanced listen to "In Love and Death" and here is the review people!

A lot has changed since the Used released their self-titled debut two years ago: "Screamo" has become a household term, bands on underground hardcore labels have gold record plaques hanging in their offices, and a subculture that used to exist on the outer fringes has now become mainstream. Unlike their peers Glassjaw or Thursday, the Used didn't really come from a “scene” or toil in the underground for long, but In Love And Death is proof they never needed to—they're like the quiet, smart kid in the back of the class who doesn’t study but aces every test anyway.

Unlike their hit-or-miss debut, nearly every song on In Love And Death could be a single, from the anthemic opener "Take It Away" to the string section-addled ballad "All That I've Got.” The album also displays the band's newfound diversity and show them taking a step away from the sing/scream hybrid that they've all but become known for. With its bouncy bass line and piano flourishes, "Cut Up The Angels” wouldn’t sound out of place on modern rock radio, whereas "I'm A Fake" is the most introspective song singer Bert McCracken has penned—complete with an opening soliloquy that's so intense it’ll make most listeners uncomfortable.

If there’s a problem with ILAD it may be that the album is too perfect. Synth-heavy ballads like "Yesterday's Feelings" and "It's Hard To Say" are perfect cigarette lighter-toting sing-alongs but sound almost too calculated, like they were written in a board room instead of a practice space. But, like I said earlier, it’s not the band’s fault—they are too talented to write anything less resonating (and probably couldn’t even if they tried). As long as McCracken doesn’t sabotage himself with his self-destructive nature, there’s no telling what the Used will accomplish with their latest disc.

-Jonah Bayer, Music Editor

.Kevin
08-14-2004, 10:36 AM
I'm not a big fan of the used , but this song is okay ^_^

Chris.
08-15-2004, 03:31 AM
As reported, the intro to the CD is a Walter Cronkite type character saying "you are about to hear one of the life's most significant messages given to us from God" and then you hear a gun chamber being loaded and it breaks into Guitar...sounds pretty damn cool to me.