XFM Give Impressions on New LP Album

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It appears that UK radio station XFM gave insight on the new Linkin Park sound during their radio broadcast today; captured by the folks over at LPLive, here is the transcript:

"I had someone come in and play me brand new Linkin Park material in the wake. Someone from the management company. This is no lie. Came in to the XFM studio with a cop from America who would flown over with the one copy of the 6-track sampler of the new Linkin Park album and basically this cop's job was to guard it at all times. This is the true story. It really was the case of the new material being on the lock and key. But it was really good and actually very different. If you're one of those people who thought that Linkin Park have made the same album 3 times as far as their new studio releases go, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with this new one. There's rapping on it, but not the kind of rock-rap type of stuff that Mike Shinoda has done in the past. And the track is going to be the first single. At its full-length is almost proggy in places. It's very very good. Lots of take in, lots of new layers coming with the Linkin Park sound. And of course they have confirmed the full UK tour."

LPA & LPL Member LESTAT captured the recording: here

Source: XFM via LPLive

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Progressive rock like sound....rap that's different than Mike's normal Linkin Park style? Am I hearing/reading things right? This is a miracle! :D

Joe

Yeah, this guys enthusiasm really excites me, and the way he describes the new music is exactly like I had imagined. Really can't wait to hear music from the new album.

LPpixelation

LPpixelation Banned

Is the sound that he describes, how "she couldn't" and "my december" sound like??? :O

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I'd love to heard more songs like "She Couldn't", that's easily one of their best tracks.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

This is interesting. I don't really like She Couldn't though but that's just me.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I think its probably like that dusan but with more of an electronic edge and with some heavier rapping. Should be awesome.

deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

First Mike gets inspirations from "The Dark Side of the Moon", now we get this. Interesting. : )

LPpixelation

LPpixelation Banned

I do. I love that rich sound. I especially love listening to this song before going to sleep. It's so pyschadelic. :D

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

It's only a matter of time before the 6 track sampler gets leaked! This is great news! :)

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

i am getting very excite!

OkamiSensei

OkamiSensei gas.mask.angel

Great news indeed, but I don't think it's a good thing if the songs get leaked. Haha.

site_two

site_two Banned

I got even more excited as soon as Mike said that, I really hope LP have produced songs like Mike's remix of Gold Guns Girls, thats the direction they should be going in IMO

deadbysunrise

deadbysunrise Well-Known Member

No way it's gonna leak imo. Magazines and radio stations usually manage to get this kind of stuff. Metallica, for example, had a 5 or 6-track sampler (not sure) in June 2008. 3 months before Death Magnetic. Nothing leaked. You see about LP - there was a cop whose only job was to 'guard' the CD. IDK, hope something leaks, but highly doubt about it.

Joe

I really doubt that somehow, when probably the only copy available outside of the band is being protected by someone who's job it is to make sure that the CD doesn't leave his sight.

mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

maybe we'll get a little more of "message" revealed now that this info is dropping

LPpixelation

LPpixelation Banned

HEY. Don't you guys think, we should get like a gift or something from linkin park for us being dedicated fans??? We haven't moved from here!! no fresh air!!!! hours and hours of just LP!!

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Sounds intreguing what little info it is.

Joe

It's pretty interesting that they are just dropping into random radio stations, especially in the UK, just so some random guy can listen to it, I mean it's not like this guy even did a full review of the sampler, but instead, just mentioned it in passing it seemed. He never alluded to a full review or a single coming out in the next week or so or anything. Strikes me as slightly odd.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

I can not wait for this... So far this album sounds pretty epic. I REALLY hope the single is coming very very soon. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.