Well this could cause a whole world of shit

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Dedicated, Apr 8, 2009.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Well it's not as bad as Rodney King but it's certainly still dispicable. That officer should be sacked and trialed.

Dedicated

The results for this man were worse though.

Luke

True but he didn't have several officers attacking him with batons on the floor. One officer has struck him with a baton in the leg and pushed him. While the effect may have been worse, the act in itself is nowhere near as brutal. That takes nothing away from the fact that it was cowardly and disgusting.

Dedicated

Fair enough. I'm also shocked that the police tried to cover up the story. Their faces are gonna be red when this video spreads.

Luke

I'm not shocked at all that they tried to cover it up. The UK police force is corrupt...Not as corrupt as some other police forces but corrupt nonetheless. Besides, they're not gonna openly say ''yeah we killed him'' now are they?

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's the Met. 'Nuff said.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7888301.stm

Actually, they can cover it up.

If it wasn't already on the net. :)

barnes80

barnes80 Well-Known Member

ok the striking of that man was completely wrong, i agree with that. I would like to question why he is walking in front of a crowd of officers though. I know if there was a riot going on ahead of me, and a crowd of officers behind me, id step off to the side, wait for them to pass, and then continue on my way. But that is NOT to say that he in any way deserved it.

But I only bring that up to say, as officers, you may be nervous. Especially on the scene of a riot. If police in the UK is anything like that in the US, they will put just about anyone on a squad because of the shortage of people interested in it.
    Rodney King was clearly a hate crime and intentionally violent, but I think that this could be looked at as a scared, nervous, and ill prepared officer reacting on guts. It could have been his first riot control, or first day on the job.

I'm not saying thats what it is, but I think its wrong to be so quick to judge people in uniform as corrupt, because idk what I would do if I were on scene at a riot or something. In the end, I think cops protect more then they are corrupt so I will accept the mistakes they do make, whether intentional or not, because without them, itd be anarchy.

I feel really bad for this guy and his family. By the video, he clearly didn't deserve to even be yelled at, let alone killed...

However that UK law about not being able to film a police officer is just complete bull and sounds to me like communism...

Dean

The Met do have a history of being very reckless, excessively violent, and to a degree corrupt, though, dating back at least three decades.

He walks away from them. The only thing he seems to get wrong at all is that he doesn't move very quickly in doing this, and even then he's made a few feet on the guy who hits him. The police are there in riot gear with dogs. It's one thing to be on edge when you're in that sort of situation but to knock down someone who isn't causing any real trouble like that is ridiculous.

At least this time they can't pretend that he might have been carrying a bomb and tried to run away from them, surely...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
    Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

He looks like a protester though. If I see such a squad coming towards me I would run like hell.

Dedicated

He was walking away from the police, with his back to them, with his hands in his pockets and wasn't part of the protest. If I wasn't part of what was going on, I don't think I'd run off, because then they'd probably shoot me or something (definitely not relating this to another time when police over-reacted and killed someone in a subway station).

Anyway, if the police were nervous, that's no reason to turn around and baton someone and then push them over when they quite blatantly are walking away from you, with their hands in their pockets. If I did that to someone and was video taped doing it, I'd be behind bars for manslaughter by now.

Bit more on the story here:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7989027.stm

Dean

If he gets much more than a relative slap on the wrist I'll be surprised.