The Naked and Famous - Simple Forms

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by BTorio, Oct 14, 2016.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Any fans of The Naked and Famous here? What do y'all think of their new album?

The three tracks we heard before the album are

Higher (this one was a little too pop for me when I first heard it, but it's a good track):

Laid Low (a personal favorite)

The Runners (also a highlight of the album)

The rest of the album came out today and I've already listened to it a couple of times. I LOVED listening to "In Rolling Waves" all the way through. It's one of the few albums that has replay value as an album, along with a Thousand Suns. I don't think this album has the same replay value as a whole. So far out of the new tracks, I love Losing Our Control's softer vibes, and Backslide is a really cool, darker-than-usual track. All the lyrics on this album are awesome as always, but the other tracks haven't reeled me in yet. Maybe I just haven't listened to them enough yet, but My Energy, Falling, and Rotten seem kind of forgettable, albeit not had tracks by any means. I think Laid Low and The Runners will continue to also be favorites, with Higher being a really fun track to jam to, but also a little too simple to listen to repeatedly.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Is "Young Blood" gonna be on this album? :kappa:

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I think that's a good song, but they have so much stuff that's better than that imo. idk why it's so incredibly popular in comparison to everything else. (I know why, but it shouldn't be).

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

The Water Beneath is a total jammer. Falling is good because of the chorus and that's because I liked it from the teaser months ago.