State Of The Exclusive Art

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Ha I was kind of scared to post something like that in the midst of all the "O-M-G I LOVE IT!" posts. I agree though. It's eh... ok. I don't know about anyone else but come on... listen to it. It has a little potential but this isn't like Chester's "It's Going Down". The lyrics seem a little bland and repititive and the music seems a little.... generic I guess. More like a factory track then a "I put my heart and soul into this" song. Chester's voice sounded almost demo-y to me. Like the music wasn't backing up his voice like a LP track does. I guess hollow would be the word. It was like Chester was singing to music playing in the background rather than music playing with him. Good voice, but the track just wasn't there.

But through all that it could just be that it's from the radio and the compression that radios use is just making the track sound bad.

I hope so.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

OK, after listening to the song many times, I've found one thing that really sticks out to me. The first line of the song, "There's no way to find out what's inside you," it sounds to me that Chester's voice was off on "you." Like to me it sounded really bad, because I'm a musician myself and I pick up sharp and flat tones really easily. I dunno how it sounded to everyone else, but it seems to me that he just didn't have enough air, it's a crease that must not have been ironed out.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Sounded fine to me. Im a singer and a tenor just like Chester and thats just a normal note. I dont think theyd leave it in if it was off. :wth:

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

im waiting on mike shinoda collabo.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If you mean the work Mike did on Proof's solo album I dont think that's ever going to see the light of day. It's been in production for longer than DJ Lethal's solo album and no new information has been shed on it for quite a few months now.

You can add it along with the track Chester did with "The Visionaries" that was never ellaborated on and hence never released. Things like this happen all the time, sometimes its just the label refusing the release the song.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

If you mean the work Mike did on Proof's solo album I dont think that's ever going to see the light of day. It's been in production for longer than DJ Lethal's solo album and no new information has been shed on it for quite a few months now.

You can add it along with the track Chester did with "The Visionaries" that was never ellaborated on and hence never released. Things like this happen all the time, sometimes its just the label refusing the release the song. [/b][/quote]
    Yes. Or the project just completely falling through.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

I read a recent report on MTV News about D12 doing other things after their album cycle is finished. They're doing 2 movies, Proof's solo album, Eminem's next solo album, and 2 members of the group (Kuniva and Kon Artist) doing an album separately. No mention of Mike, but it's likely to happen in the near future. I hope.

Mechanical Christ

Mechanical Christ Ein heißer Schrei LPA Super Member

Who's speaking in the opening?? :mellow:

And at the end too.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

The DJs from the radio show.

Pryftan

Pryftan Member

The player isn't working for me anymore...it just says loading and never plays.

.Kevin

.Kevin Super Member

jep it's ofline

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Click here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.