Random LP Chat

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by lime treacle, Apr 20, 2014.

1. zazofazo

zazofazo Well-Known Member

It still have time to rebound with the release of music video but not by much lol

Sasuke likes this.
  2. Meteorain

Meteorain Well-Known Member

Sorry to ask this again. Just really hoping for an answer before I place the preorder. I can delete this later if you want :

Might be a stupid question, but if you preorder directly from www.linkinpark.com and thus are handed a free digital LPU membership, but you're already a member... do they just tack it on to the end of your subscription? So if your membership is set to expire on say April 15th 2018... does this extend it to April 15th 2019? I really hope so, and I would think so, but I didn't feel comfortable just assuming.

Does anybody know for sure?

3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

We'll have @Derek ask for you.

Meteorain likes this.
  4. Meteorain

Thank you, very much. I appreciate it.

5. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I don't know about you but the band members, Kiiara, Depeche Mode and fans holding up "Why is everything so heavy?" is a really weird way of promoting the song. Like in terms of promotion it's super weird marketing thing. :/

6. Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

LP will never make a mainstream hit that every single person knows again. When this album doesn't produce any number 1 hits they'll give up on the mainstream pop sound and do another experimental album.

Knt.Slbs likes this.
  7. minuteforce

This idea kind of fizzled out. Try tweeting Lorenzo instead.

8. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Who is this Loreno you are talking about? :kappa:

9. minuteforce

:lol: thx

10. Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I bet OML is the wave one for this album cycle. wave 2 will be experimental.. Just like Coldplay's Ghost Stories released in 2014 then AHFOD in 2015.

11. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Holy shit guys I think I found who Linkin Park's touring with for their Light+Night Tour :kappa:

12. Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Little did you know...
    [​IMG]

13. Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

14. Knt.Slbs

Heavy is still being backlashed because it's too poppy. Jeez. Nice video, it gave me chills while watching the video. almost 2 decades.. That's amazing milestone for the band. Did the girl mention the band is sellout because they're bringing in female vocalist? Jeez.

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

That actually wasn't so bad, I expected the band to get trashed.

16. Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

That one teen who said "This is what I expect Linkin Park to make" on OSC while trashing Heavy literally made me so mad :lol: but then he said that they defined the alternative genre and I was relieved lol

But I liked it! They were tame compared to other people.

17. Knt.Slbs

But one guy hate this song and said this is not LINKIN PARK.

18. minuteforce

There you have it. All the reasonable* "Heavy" criticisms in one place.

* :rolleyes:

19. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

20. Meteorain

Sweet, I found your other post I had intended to respond to!

I admit I was being sarcastically literal with saying Jornada was repetitive haha, solely speaking to the lyrics being two lines, repeated over and over, until vocals fade away altogether. I agree that the instrumental changes over the course of it, and that's something I really like about it. And while it's an opinion I haven't heard often, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that (just a little weird ;) ... kidding kidding). Like you said, can't change what you like, and you never should anyway!

And about In Pieces, that's something I love about it as well. I remember always calling that a favourite from that album and people would be all fixated on just the singles. I always thought, from first listen, it was really cool how there's a little bit more angst in Chester's voice with each time he sings the chorus in In Pieces. Honestly, and I know a lot of people don't see this, and it's easy not to with how repetitive Until it's Gone feels, lyrically, but I honestly hear slight changes in Chester's delivery of the chorus in that song as it progresses. It's subtle, but I hear it, and I don't think I'm crazy lol. That's one reason I still really like that song, while it's received so much criticism. Listen to the end of it, or the near end, when the song softens for a second before bursting into the final chorus. Am I the only one who hears emotional pitch variations? It's something I really love about that song, and I think it helps drive the generally emotional theme of the song, and the subject matter of losing something and only then realizing just how important it was to you.

About interludes, I more just meant that I've heard albums where they have an interlude and it feels slightly just... thrown on. I definitely agree with you that on some albums, they're important, they tie things together and they can absolutely change how you feel about an album overall, or how you score it if you're somebody who gives things scores or ratings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNRELATED (but this isn't a high-traffic thread, and I didn't want to double post)

Just for fun, I'm going to throw out a few predictions about upcoming LP in general :

TOUR : Not sure about date, I'll just say Q3 or Q4 2017, but with Twenty One Pilots, and just because I would really like it, and because they usually tour with two other bands, I'm going to throw Starset in as the 3rd. They've got an interesting sound that I think would fit with the tour, and if anybody hasn't heard them, I recommend them. (I've made this prediction once previously, I admit)

ONE MORE LIGHT PROMOTION : This is a far easier prediction to make, so I won't gloat very much if it becomes true... but Feb 16, Heavy was released. Mar 17, Battle Symphony will be released. May 19th, One More Light (album) will be released... so...

April 18th, let's say Invisible will be released. (Maybe Sorry for Now, but I'll stick with Invisible). It's a Tuesday, and 03/17 and 05/19 are Fridays, but 02/16 was a Thursday.

UPCOMING SONGS : It's been said that we know at least a little bit about every song but Nobody Can Save Me and Sharp Edges, effectively the 1st and last songs of the album. Even if all we know about some (like Halfway Right) is a small lyric snippet.

I had said that I feel like Good Goodbye, as some have criticized the title, may reference how goodbyes are always hard and never easy, but maybe there can be a good one, if you're saying it to somebody who's been toxic in your life, even if you haven't always realized it, or won't realize it until after you've cut them out of your life. I'm fairly confident in this thought

This is a stretch... but last night I had a thought that, in going with themes of this album (personal, about family, a touch or more of sadness here and there) that Sharp Edges may refer to as you get older, how you're not as 'sharp' as you once were, how now your "edges" may feel dull. If this song title was on a past LP record (especially Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Living Things, Hunting Party) I might think Sharp Edges would be some kind of double-edged sword reference, about how no matter what you do you can't win, and maybe that still will be the case here. But for an album of the mood that this one seems to be having, I'd say maybe something different. Or the more likely case, which is that I'm way off on both sides of it. I feel a lot less confident in this one than I do about the Good Goodbye thought lol.

Extra throw-in : ...while LP has had sad songs before (like Numb, Leave Out All the Rest, etc)... anybody think it's quite possible that One More Light (song) will not only be the saddest one they've ever written, but also like... the most intentionally and/or borderline crushingly sad one they've ever written? I have a feeling it will be.

I just hope it's not the ONLY sad song on the album.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017