PVRIS - All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Sasuke, May 1, 2017.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Not sure if we have some fans of PVRIS here? but fuck it! I open a thread because I like them.
    Anyway, they gonna release their 2nd album which called "All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell." on August 4th. and here's the lead single off it "Heaven"

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I've seen them live twice at SXSW, and will be seeing them again in front of Muse's tour. I like them alright, but for me there's nothing about their music that quite sets them apart and makes me really want to listen. I guess they just don't really bring anything special to my playlists, as much as I want to like them as much as others seem to.

Sasuke

I like this way better than Heaven, it has a real chorus too :lol:
    And I like how they can make a song full of energy without adding cliché powerchords!

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I really enjoyed My House and Fire from the first album. Reminds me a lot of Paramore when they were Punk Rock. A band to look into.
    @Sasuke For Now, I've heard their postponing the release of the new album to August 25th due to some delay in production. Let's see what they come up with, but this 3 singles don't seem close to the quality of their debut album, she had a much more powerful voice.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Sasuke likes this.
    Sasuke

Ok now even more hyped for the album, this new song is a fucking banger like What's Wrong! love it

And forget to poste Half, they released it last month, it has an amazing chorus!

So it looks like the album is gonna be amazing: What's Wrong>Winter>Half>Heaven (by far my least favorite, not so great like the others)

LP Soldier 01

@Sasuke, Winter is a song wth Lynn Gunn much closer to the style that made me like Pvris, clearly the best song until now. Let's see what comes up on August 25

Sasuke likes this.
    Sasuke

Yes I love it, can't wait for the album!

Sasuke

And the album is leaked since saturday. it's different than White Noise and I think it's really good.

LP Soldier 01

Well, this new song seems as good as Winter and I'm starting to like Heaven and What's Wrong a bit more. I hope the new album is as good as White Noise.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I've only listened to Heaven and the first minute of What's Wrong but that's all. My signed bundle package is arriving today and I can't wait! I was a big fan of White Noise and I was really anticipating this album and seeing the direction the band was going to go in, whether it was going to sound similar to their debut album or if they were going to evolve their sound more. So I'm very intrigued to listen to it in its entirety later today.

My girlfriend and her Mum also enjoyed White Noise, so much that I got that album for my girlfriend last Christmas. Luckily, Amazon were doing an exclusive on this new album with signed copies and I managed to pre-order one for my girlfriend, which I'll give her for this Christmas. She'll be pleased!

Sasuke likes this.
    Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

Walk alone is a banger

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I listened to the album last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't know how I'd compare it in favouritism to White Noise as I adore that album but it does have different elements to it. It feels like this album is a lot more atmospheric and the choruses are built up so well, more grander it seems. There are a lot of electronic/pop elements this time around it seems but the guitars are still there and really kick in on a few tracks (i.e. No Mercy being the heaviest track on the album). The album is really catchy and Lynn really delivers in a big way on this one, her voice is so powerful and emotional, soaring so angelically at times and then delivering such a captivating yell on some of the words, she sounds fantastic throughout.

This album I would say is definitely more pop compared to the first album but it still retains those rock/post-hardcore elements but in a different way. I have to say I also like the structure of some of the songs and the way on a couple of tracks the choruses are repeated twice but differently the second time around. Also, the way the instrumentation kicks in to break up the final third of the song is a nice surprise on some tracks and really well done. Also love some of the haunting intros and outros. There are some really catchy tracks on this one, songs like Anyone Else, What's Wrong, Same Soul, Winter and Nola 1 all stood out for me as the classic tracks. I'd have to listen again as I'm sure things will change and songs will move up the rankings but for now, I'd say this album is a 8-9/10. I'll be definitely have this on repeat over the next week.

LP Soldier 01 and Sasuke like this.
    LP Soldier 01

The song that impressed me the most for the way it sounds, Lynn's voice and catchy lyrics was definitely Anyone Else, but Heaven, What's Wrong and Winter are also great. I still need to listen to it some more times, but at first I didn't enjoy it as much as I did with White Noise, that album is simply flawless from the first track to the last and Lynn has much more energy in her voice, she hasn't lost it completely, but I wish some songs could have been more similar to Fire, Smoke and My House.