Phoenix LPU Chat Summary

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Agreed. I wonder if he looks that way because of the stress in making an album or if he's just.... Idk doesn't like what's happening. Ya know, maybe he doesn't like where the musics going

Vic

Vic No game no life

Oh crap these are some really good news, I only hope Phoenix is not shitting us with that about the single.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Incredible summary Ree. I'm not sure how you got all of that in your head!

And I simply cannot wait for this album to come out.

Jake

Jake Give me reason

Dream come true. I have waited long enough.
    P.s. Very well written. You must have had a hard time taking notes xD

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

If anything it's the opposite. He obviously likes weird structured music, so if Linkin Park is experimenting with different structure, Phoenix is probably pretty happy.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Thanks guys. :)

He said "sooner than possible" but he probably meant to say "as soon as possible"

He stated that he's very excited about the new music several times. I'm sure he's happy with the way things are going so far.

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

It was an awesome chat and I was quite surprised at some of the info he gave from the current album. He didn't answer my questions in the chat but he answered my Q via Twitter which was:

phoenixlp Dave Phoenix Farrell
    “@colinreid1989: you agree with the notion that bass players are just failed guitarists?” In my case, yes. But I was a failed violinist 1st

hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

Nice Summary Ree,
    But its kinda dissapointing that they will not use distorted guitars in album,
    i dont understand whats wrong with music these days,almost all bands are acting like sellouts and going for a mainstream 'pop' sound,
    i guess i have to make my own music and live with it.

sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

I dont think it works that way.Minutes To Midinight has distorted guitars and i believe it is way more mainstream as an album than A Thousand Suns.As Linkin Park has stated many times before you dont need guitars to achieve an aggresive sound.The guys are at a point where they are trying to avoid all the obvious/easy ways to create music.Sooo let them be creative and chalenge us,the fans with their music.It is going to be an amazing year for the LP community, I am so excited.

PaulGardinerLP

PaulGardinerLP Well-Known Member

Great work on the chat summary!

I am particularly excited about a new single! I will be watching LPA, Twitter and FB closely waiting for info on it! Plus I have been waiting to hear news about tours, so the fact that a European tour is probable, depending on schedule, is like music to my ears!

What a legend Phoenix is, he is a Manchester United fan! I support Man United too so it's good to hear :)

I'm not overly concerned by the fact that distorted guitars are doubtful. As we know from previous, they can still write awesome stuff without it! But I am happy that there will be aggressive vocals!

Super excited about the possibility of "orchestration"! How awesome would that be!?

the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

I'm not sure you understand what a sell out actually is, because if you did, you'd know that term doesn't apply to LP. Perhaps you haven't actually heard their last two albums?

The absence of distorted guitars is fine by me, as long as the music they put out is music they want to put out, I can't be angry. But damn, I can be excited!

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Thank you, this way big Linkin Park fans who are not in the possibility to be in the LPU can also recieve this interesting info.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

I think everyones over reacting about what Dave said. Nowhere did he say that there wouldn't be any distorted guitars AT ALL?. He just meant they wouldnt use them them just for the sake of it. There are plently other ways to make a song heavy (e.g. blackout) & Even though it was very minimal, ATS still had distorted guitars all over it. Besides, this is still early days, so everything could completly change by the next chat.

Anyway, this was a really briliant chat. dave really had alot of interesting things to say a spill. That the next album will have violins and possibly more strings is very exciting. That and how it could be more experimental than ATS. I can't wait. :)

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Um.

Wait.

[youtube]R7UrFYvl5TE[/youtube]

[youtube]XjVNlG5cZyQ[/youtube]

[youtube]VuNIsY6JdUw[/youtube]

[youtube]hp0_2fjPlbM[/youtube]

[youtube]a_426RiwST8[/youtube]

[youtube]ICaTsTkBPV8[/youtube]

[youtube]98WtmW-lfeE[/youtube]

Yeah, you're right. Fuck the mainstream 'pop' sound, go back to distorted guitars.

-Mike

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm really loving the prospect of orchestration, via strings and cello, along with being a far more experimental album than A Thousand Suns.
    I don't really have much of an opinion about aggressive sounding vocals though. It could be good if done right, but I'm kinda wanting less screaming.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Awesome. Nice post Ree.

Im starting to get really exited. :awesome:

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Orchestration? That's what I'm talking about, I can already hear a Blackout-esque song with calm strings yet agressive vocals. Also, I expect a rap over some orchestration. Anyways, I can't wait, I'm sure they'll succeed in making an amazing album once again and treat us with a new sound once again.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

LP needs to tour more in Canada.

This.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Orchestration sounds very good to me.
    Somehow I am not so eager for this album lately tho. I really wish to hear Mike's score soon 'cause is taking much of my thoughts away from everything else LP-related.

If I have a complain, just one, about ATS is the epical feel that lacks. LP CAN be epical, is that sort of band that can make you think HOLY FUCKING SHIT and let you just trance up into another world completely. To me, there is no album yet that had that effect on me, but I saw that potential in them. I dream of an album where the musical ambientation is separed from the vocal one, making you feel like being in a new place to live while you listen.. sort of balance between darkness and light, heaviness and softy and keeping an extreme experimental sound. Is just too hard to describe but I have a vision of it and I hope the sequel of ATS does it.
    Honestly, tho, I am sceptic.
    In the meantime, I try to realize that vision with my own music :awesome:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It was funny at first, but then the humor faded, when a @FakeMikeShinoda twitter made it overrated.

You can cut it out with the Mike impersonation joke now. It's getting old. You already fooled one person into believing you were Mike so consider the trolling a success, now let's cut it out. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.