LPAssociation Interview - Mike Shinoda Discusses New Linkin Park Album 'One More Light'

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 21, 2017.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

At this point his words were put on record and there's no taking it back. He gave a response and the response wasn't good enough for you and you're still holding a grudge. Honestly, you have really two choices left here: you can either accept that they were misguided, and foolish statements, realize he's human and forget about it...or forever hold a grudge against him for comments he made a few years ago.

People say stupid things, and sometimes those stupid things hurt feelings or offend others. I've said tons of stupid comments over the years. Many of them on LPA, and most of them still publicly viewable.

Zakksalvo

Zakksalvo Well-Known Member

Not sure why everyone is taking what he said so seriously. It's not like he said "Cvrches, ya they suck I hate them." He said that's not the kind of music he wanted to make. He's said one semi hurtful thing in 20 years. We can probably calm down.

Vince Q

Vince Q New Member

Im new here. Anyone think will hear the band go back to their earlier stuff or something similar to THP?

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Does that mean we are not getting Brad singing at all? Tears

Sasuke likes this.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Everyone's over-sensitive!
    *Throws glitter*

Dragondust likes this.
    Derek

[​IMG]

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Here's that "Sorry For Now" clip from last year.

brady likes this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Hope is the last thing that dies.:bradwink:

Blake, Iopia and lovablepanda like this.
    Rippin on That

Rippin on That Stared at the sun once

I legit don't know why people got so upset with what Mike Said, he wasn't insulting anyone or saying anything that hasn't been said like hundreds of times by other people.

This interview made me have a lot more hope for the album as my reaction to Heavy was quite lukewarm.

brady and Halfway Dwight like this.
    Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

So you mean everyone walks around shitting on CHRVCHES and such? And that the lead singer was wrong to be offended by every press release which included Mike name-calling them?

This riff raff doesn't make me lose my sleep, but there is reason to call out for something that was plain wrong, you can't promote your shit by bashing on somebody else's. Let your work do the talking. It's what I was stating earlier, why feel compelled to mention McDonalds when you can simply say you as a band are not into mass producing one product (which in this case is a sound style or genre). But no, shots must be fired.

Nicholas and Brandon like this.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Joe, Louis and Derek crushed it coming up with these questions. :)

lovablepanda

Despite this news however, the best news is that Battle Symphony are lyrics that appear in the song.

Deliveranze likes this.
    Quack

Quack Well-Known Member

I don't see how Mike was shitting on those bands. I think he was mainly calling out Rock radio stations for not playing Rock anymore. Also, is Mike not allowed to talk about any band unless he showers them with compliments? He's a human, he should be able to have opinions without making it all sugary. That seems more fake than anything.

I don't even see how the comments were that insulting; it was more like "there's so much lighter stuff out there right now and everyone sounds like {these bands}. Instead of doing that, we want to bring a little rock back." And they did. THP was a really heavy record. But that was 3 years ago and OML a new album. They shouldn't let the previous album influence the new one. Isn't that the whole point of LP? Every album will be different and the band pushes themselves to try something new. Also, I don't even like Heavy that much, I'm actually hoping the other songs will be better. But I see nothing wrong with what Mike said.

brady, Rocky, Sasuke and 1 other person like this.
    Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I guess it also implies that there aren't any sole instrumentals on the album, which I know some people were worried about.

Honest question: If you were a musician, and some guy you'd never met who was also a musician started going to a bunch of different radio stations/online publications and repeatedly compared your music to "disney commercial music," you wouldn't feel insulted?

Iopia likes this.
    RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

Any Coldplay fans here? :)

I'm getting the feeling that this album is going to be LP's "Ghost Stories"...

1. Personal, direct lyrics
    2. Subdued, minimal, more electronic/poppy sound
    3. Having the poppiest song of the band's career as the lead single, featuring a mainstream artist ("Sky Full Of Stars" with Avicii, in Coldplay's case! :lol: )
    4. Short length (I'm assuming, from the no. of tracks)

....and I LOVED Ghost Stories. My second favourite Coldplay album (after Viva La Vida). :p

IronDust71, Bane and Kareem Saad like this.
    Derek

Honest question: why do you care so much? I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm struggling to release why this is such a big deal for you and why you feel like you have to be a white knight for these bands? They're all comprised of adults who are perfectly capable of defending themselves (and they did). You're acting like Mike came in and insulted family members of yours.

I'm sorry, but who cares if Mike made rude comments? :lol: If Mike pisses you off that much, why do you even bother listening to the band anymore?

Zain and Modern Guitar God like this.
    Eric James Aguigam

Eric James Aguigam Well-Known Member

I absolutely love Coldplay. And "Ghost Stories" is my favorite album from them. I hope Linkin Park does something like "Midnight" on One More Light.

RapidGunner and Iopia like this.
    lovablepanda

I did enjoy Ghost Stories but I really hope the album is not too subdued like Ghost Stories. A Sky Full of Stars and Midnight are the only songs I still listen too. I dropped the rest because they didn't make a lasting impression and most put me to sleep. I do agree that I do hope that beyond Heavy, these lyrics do hit home for the guys more than Heavy did which I think is going to be the case.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Also... it's been 3 years. That's enough time for anyone to change and most people do change in ways over that period of time.

Even aside from that, this side of the band has always been there. Since HT (My December, Pushing Me Away, ITE a bit), so I'm surprised that anyone's surprised.

20. hybrid1988

hybrid1988 Fever Daydream

Heresy. Do not question our lord and savior Shinoda!

"Mike said, Let there be visceral. he willed it, and at once there was the hunting party"

Xero-G and Kilmer like this.