LIVING THINGS Scavenger Hunt: Progress & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

PUZZLE #8 - Blue Whale - London, England - May 24th

The piece of paper found at MTV in Germany points to London with a logo of the 2012 London Olympic games. It mentions a blue whale which is famous within the London Natural History Museum.

Update May 22nd: The clue has now been confirmed to be revealed on THURSDAY, MAY 24th.

London Natural History Museum

Be at the blue whale at 3PM

Scavenger Hunt Prize Update

BBC Radio 1 host Zane Lowe confirmed on his show Monday that the final clue will be in London on Thursday and that the end prize will be a new LIVING THINGS track to debut on Zane Lowe's radio show at 7:30PM BST, Thursday. A participant will also be chosen for an interview with Mike at Radio 1 studios.

you can read the transcript or listen to Zane Lowe confirming the details at 45:50 here.

[SOLVED] PUZZLE #7 - Berlin, Germany - May 22nd

The next location which was revealed from the audio message received in LA confirms the next location will be at MTV Germany on May 22nd at the following address:

MTV Germany
    Stralauer Allee 6/7
    10245 Berlin - Friedrichshain

10AM - 6PM

UPDATE MAY 22nd: Clue has been found by @Kellogselefant. View the piece of paper below.

[​IMG]

Someone will be waiting at the blue whale at 3PM sharp.

It seems the next location is pointing to London, England.

[SOLVED]
    PUZZLE #6 - We Are Born, And We Die - Los Angeles, CA - May 19th

After a great community effort from LPA members, the Brazil clue has been confirmed to lead to Los Angeles, California at the Japanese American National Museum.

JAPANESE AMERICAN NATIONAL MUSEUM
    369 East First Street
    Los Angeles, California 90012

Be there Saturday, May 19th. 11AM - 5PM.

Linkin Park fans @spoileddxbrat @contains_nuts @pandayna @jadesloth found the clue at the Japanese American Museum! The clue was handed to them in an envelope by this man, which contained the following phone number:

[​IMG]

The phone number when dialled lead to a message spoke in German, which you can listen to below:

[audio=artists=lpassociation.com&titles=Linkin Park Scavenger Hunt German Phone Message]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/audio/051912-131924_lpscavengerhunt-germanmessage.mp3[/audio]

Once it was posted online the message was translated by @BlackChester which read the following, revealing our next location:

"The next clue waits at the reception of MTV Germany on May 22 during business hours from 10am & 6pm"

[SOLVED] PUZZLE #5 - Waffles & Cakes - Rio de Janeiro,
    Brazil - May 17th

Justin Sohn, finder of the Chicago clue, tweeted the LPA with the information inside the tag of the Brazil shirt he picked up at the Lincoln Park Zoo. The next part of the scavenger hunt leads to Forte de Copacabana in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Thanks to LPA Member VictorLPWE for the translation which reads:

The next clue is within the gates of Fort Copacabana. Take the opportunity to eat some traditional sweets, cakes and waffles.

May 17, during normal business hours only.

It's safe to assume that the next clue can be found at the Cafe Forte, where the site description reads: At Cafe Forte - Confectionery Colombo you find the perfect setting to take your breakfast or lunch even more special. Besides the traditional sweet and savory waffles, the menu also has salads, sandwiches, crepes and pasta. It is located in the visiting area of the Fort of Copacabana and works Having the Sun and public holidays from 10h to 20h.

The next part of the hunt is to arrive at Cafe Forte between 10AM - 8PM on May 17th.

UPDATE MAY 17th: Clue was obtained by the following Twitter users @maryakira @MarceloBe @ulyssessena @leozinhomazza and @WesleyLPBR who photographed the clue. Check out the images below.

[​IMG]

"WE ARE BORN, AND WE DIE. MAY 19TH"

Wesley also took some close up shots of what appears to be details in the top two corners of the clue:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As far as we're aware, this card was the only piece of information within the envelope and there was no hint for the next location. Is there something hidden in the card? Fans believe there's hidden text in the upper two corners of the clue. Now we speculate and try and figure out what this could mean.

UPDATE MAY 17TH: Many fans began to speculate the next location from the text. Twitter user @lpdepressao pointed out that the usage of the word "BORN" and "DIES" could be a reference to Mike Shinoda's Art show in 2008 GLORIOUS EXCESS: BORN and GLORIUOS EXCESS: DIES, suggesting the next clue could be at the Japanese American Museum in Los Angelse, CA.

UPDATE MAY 17th: LPA newcomer, MX1 pointed out that the vague text in the top two corners of the Brazil clue could in fact be reminiscent of a painting featured in Mike's Art show entitled "SONG". The text in the top right hand corner appears to be the same as the clue, which reads: "SHOCKING RELAPSE".

[​IMG]

Could this lead to the Japanese American Museum in Los Angeles where the exhibition took place?

[SOLVED] PUZZLE #4 - This Is Where LIVING THINGS Comes Alive - Chicago, IL - MAY 15th

The discovery of this image in Toronto leads to The Lincoln Park Zoo. Gateway Pavillion in Chicago Illinois.

Be there at regular business hours!

10AM - 5PM

UPDATE MAY 15th: LPA Member 11:54 managed to confirm that the clue is in an envelope waiting to be collected in the zoo entrance according to an employee on the telephone. We just need ONE person to go and collect it and photograph it to progress the puzzle.

UPDATE MAY 15th: Twitter user Justin Sohn (@JustinSohn1) found the clue and revealed it to be a shirt reading "Brazil". That's all we know so far with no specific details on where exactly in Brazil the next clue could be. Time to speculate!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE MAY 15th: Linkin Park marketing manager Adam Ruehmer tweeted Justin Sohn the following "I hope you read the tag on the shirt". I guess there's more to this than originally known. Now we just need to let Justin know!

UPDATE MAY 15th: Justin contacted the LPA through Twitter with an image of the shirt tag which can be seen below!

[​IMG]

The tag has been translated and confirmed to lead to Brazil!

[SOLVED]
    PUZZLE #3 - TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA - MAY 13TH

Twitter account @youbetterhearme revealed the location of the third clue in the Linkin Park Scavenger Hunt on May 12th via twitter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The location appears to be located in the aptly named "Allan Gardens" in Toronto, Canada.

THE CLUE HAS BEEN FOUND AT 2PM EDT: A man approached the LP fans and asked "did Allan send you?", only to leave the image below! - Thanks to
    @thejaff27 @MartineAllard1 @p33nny @ericasibley:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Within minutes the image has been discovered to be in: Chicago, IL. The Lincoln Park Zoo. Gateway Pavillion. Be there May 15th. Regular business hours!

[SOLVED] PUZZLE #2 Part 2 - "Allan" - Twitter

Within moments of Nicofarre opening, two LPAers on twitter @KaoruTK who worked together with @karinseino, were greeted by someone with an envelope that contained an URL to the
    following twitter feed: https://twitter.com/#!/youbetterhearme .

On that page, users were met with the following tweet:
    [​IMG]

At first it was thought that the puzzle was 100% solved, until Mike tweeted the following:
    [​IMG]

Later Allan responded with this:
    [​IMG]

And then Mike with this:
    [​IMG]

It should be noted that the clue was handed to those two people in an envelope that contained the twitter URL by someone who was NOT wearing a A Thousand Horizons shirt. Hilariously enough, when asked about it...apparently LPAers were there so quickly that according to this person he didn't have enough time to put the shirt on! When karin attempted to return to NicoFarre she was turned away and told there are no more clues there.

Also, the instructions for finding "Allan" at NicoFarre are now crossed out, suggesting this part of the mission is over...for now. http://www.linkinpark.com/youdidittoyourself

UPDATE MAY 10th: @youbetterhearme (Allan) tweeted an update proclaiming the next step in the puzzle may be unveiled after he reaches 3000 followers.

[​IMG]

UPDATE MAY 11th: @youbetterhearme reached 3000 followers at 12:28AM PDT | 3:38AM EDT| 8:38AM BST - Now we wait.

UPDATE MAY 11th: @youbetterhearme teased followers by following the Canadian Prime Minister on Twitter, hinting at the next possible location of the scavenger hunt. This was later reaffirmed when "Allan" changed their profile image to the Toronto Skyline.

[​IMG]

UPDATE MAY 12th: The exact location has been subsequently revealed as a location in Toronto, CA - Allan Gardens, leading to the third puzzle.

[SOLVED] PUZZLE #2 You Did It To Yourself - Tokyo, Japan - May 10th / 11th

The QR code found on the digital poster in Sydney points to a brand new web-page located at the following address:

http://linkinpark.com/youdidittoyourself

"You Did It To Yourself" are reportedly lyrics from upcoming LIVING THINGS track LIES GREED MISERY. The website reveals the following message in Japanese:

[​IMG]

"Last September, "A Thousand Horizons" took fans from all over the world here."

"
    May 10 or May 11. 11am-8pm only. Don't be early. Don't be late. One person only."

May 9th Update -
    The page was updated to show the phrase: "You'll know who to ask for" with a link to an image of the following shirt:

[​IMG]

It seems the next clue will be at NicoFarre in Tokyo, Japan, the location of last September's A Thousand Horizon event. If you live in Tokyo, Japan and can make your way to the Roppongi district at the times mentioned in the message, chances are you'll be the person to find the next clue in the scavenger hunt, which following the update of the image of the shirt, is likely to be a person wearing it with an indication of the next clue. For information on how to get to NicoFarre, you can view their access information - here.

[​IMG]
    Clue #2 Found in Tokyo

Within moments of Nicofarre opening, two LPAers on twitter @KaoruTK who worked together with @karinseino, were greeted by someone with an envelope that contained an URL to the
    following twitter feed: https://twitter.com/#!/youbetterhearme, which begins part 2 of puzzle #2.

[SOLVED] PUZZLE #1 Scavengers Welcome - Sydney, Australia - May 8th

Following on from his earlier tweet, Mike has posted a new video on Viddy. Click HERE to check it out!

Official Linkin Park Blog Announcement

It seems as though Linkin Park are sending their fans on a real life Scavenger Hunt! The hunt kicks off with a specific location in Sydney, Australia, Manning Bar on Manning Road:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Linkin Park fan, Tran Huy Tung located in Sydney managed to solve the first puzzle by finding this digital poster of LIVING THINGS:

[​IMG]
    Clue #1 Found in Sydney

The QR code points to a brand new web-page located at the following address, leading to puzzle #2:

http://linkinpark.com/youdidittoyourself

-

Complete Worldwide Progress Map

What can we expect to find at the end of these puzzles? The Linkin Park Community will need to work together so post your thoughts and continued progress on our message board below:

LPA Forums

Source: LP Viddy via edflinkinp | _Depression | Cure4TheItch

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I AM EXCITE. :WTF:

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

YES! Let's go guys! We're gonna need some LPA'ers on the streets! Bring us the clues! :D

"Send someone, you know what you're looking for when you see it" .. This is very exciting.

Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

just so we're clear, someone said the Manning Bar is in Sydney, Australia?

Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

Something to do with Dead Letter Circus? Searched the location on Google Maps and they come up so.... :rastamike:

Cure4TheItch

Cure4TheItch I fuck up everything I see, fighting in futility.

Correct.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Umm... now that it's begun, I have no idea what to do. :lol:

Andreina

This is a task for Sarah and our aussie LPA'ers! :lol: !

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

This is gonna get cray cray.

Enjoy. :)

graveguard

graveguard Member

So I guess we have to wait a few hours since it's 4am in sydney...

(BG)

(BG) Well-Known Member

wait for me, my plane take off immediately from europe

Andreina

Thanks Adam. I wish I could be part of the action, is there something for the fans who can't go to these places to do?

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

The Australians are probably sleeping right now! :lol:

AdamWBR

AdamWBR Well-Known Member

No shortcuts this time. MUAHAHAHA!!!!!
    :trollface:

The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Damn, I live in fookin Germany.

skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

/sudo solve (scavenger hunt)

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Guys, don't worry, I'm on it. I don't live in Australia, but I'm on it. Everyone calm down. It's taken care of. I mean it. It's under control. Don't sweat it. I got this. I think I can do it. Alright losing confidence now. Okay fuck it.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

Let's start this then :D

Figure.2012

Figure.2012 I'MA ROBOT BOY!

Stuff you Adam and all you stand for! Hahahaha, god whatever this is, is gonna kill me!

:FUUUUUU:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.