IPB + Wordpress Integration?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Kæton, Jan 12, 2007.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Okay, so I've got a client on my hands and I've got a problem. The client wants to use Wordpress as a content-based website (presumably because of the system), but also wants to use IPB as a forum for discussions. So basically, they want me to code CMS through Wordpress (which I can do) but they want the databases to match. Meaning if a member registers for the forum, they can comment on the Wordpress-based website and vice-versa.

Basically I need to know if this is even possible. I'm not sure I can even pull it off, but if it's possible, I'd like to know how. Does anyone know how I can do this? I'm not so good at PHP so... Yeah. :lol:

Thanks in advanced.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Pretty sure it's possible. You just need to figure out how to use Converge.

Kæton

Well looks like I need to find an alternative way to do it. Not only does it seem that Coverage is in beta, it's only available to people with liscences. My client is a "non-profit organization" therefore they're not going to be willing to pay for a liscence. Hell, they're not paying me to do this, lol. :\

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

...so you're using IPB illegally?

Considering they're a non-profit organization, I suggest they email IPS to see if maybe they can donate a license. I'm currently working with a non-profit project, which is a hosting service which all proceeds go to Unicef, and IPS had donated a license. You could have them try the same, but I highly advise against using IPB illegally, as they do deal with their piracy reports seriously.

Kæton

It's not illegal per se... just a very old copy. :lol: I don't know, really. They pitch me the ideas with vague guidelines and I am supposed to provide. They're not web savvy so it's all I've got to go by. They want to use IPB because it "seemed to be the best bet" (doubt they know it's licensed), but I know I have a very old copy before IPB changed their services (haven't been busted yet, lol), so I'm thinking of just complying by using those methods.

I'll see about IPB donating a license to them, though. Ugh. I'm going to demand pay the next time I do something like this. :lol: Thanks for the help.

Tomi

Tomi   LPA Addict

Old copy? As in 1.3? Or 2.0? Both full of security holes. They can be hacked into within minutes, just so you know.

But you need 2.2 for Converge.