Fairness cream

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Janie Jones, May 29, 2006.

Janie Jones

Janie Jones Meghna is a Headcase

I don't know how many non- Indians know about this, but, as much as I love my country, it is just becoming extremely obsessed about their skin complexions, especially over the past few years.

If there is one thing I have been proud of my country about, it has been, in the school life of kids, there are very few categorizations or whatever: In most schools I've heard about, pretty and not, dark and fair are both treated alike, and if someone is called/teased about being fat/ ugly/ geeky...99% chance it's a joke.

But, fair and lovely cream company is determined to change that. Here are some examples of it's adds-

1. A girl wants to work or something in a beauty parlour. She goes in, and the receptionist makes a face at her and everyone is really rude to her and stuff. She runs, crying, towards her grandfather. He consoles her, and shows her a book (ancient vedic relegious book), which apparently shows a fairness ayurvedic solution. She puts it on and goes again there and voila- the receptionist's jaw drops, this guy drops his files in shock and everyone loves her, she becomes an international star, becomes rich...because her skin color is different.

2. A girl wants to become a cricket commentor. She walks around all day commentating, comparing matches, seeing TV, and one day, while she's busy practising, her mom comes in, slimes all patronisingly, takes away her rolled book she used as a mike, and gives her a tube of fair and lovely instead. She stares at it, then trys it on. Next day, she sends an audition tape to some people, there jaw drops when the see it, and presto- she's hired immediately.

3. A girl trys on the fairness cream, and she's walking down the street and bangs into Rakesh Roshan, a famous film maker. His jaw drops and he hires her to work in his films immediately.

4. A girl is getting married to this guy, and when she enters the room during the engagement or whatever and everyone gives her these scornful looks. Someone even says, 'man, that girl's lucky that she got a guy'. She's all upset and her friend comforts her saying, 'here take this' and hands her a fair and lovely tube. She becomes fair, everyone's jaw drops and suddenly, the guy's the lucky one.

5. A guy sneaks into this girls dorm and tries to run out with a tube of a girl's fairness cream. His friend's all, 'man you are lame. you never use a girl's lipstick or rouge or whatever, then why her cream?" And then, he hands him- ugh- 'fair and handsome cream for men'. :sick:. Yeah, and then all the girl's chase him around and say he's reallly handsome.

AND FAIR AND LOVELY NOW PRODUCES IT'S LATEST AND COOLEST OFFER YET-

A FAIRNESS METER!!!! Seriously. Apparently, how sucessful you are runs side by side as how fair you are! Goodies! Yipee! Man, that's the sickest way of promoting racism ever.

I'm organising a petition to ask them to revise their adds. I wanted to know what you all have to say because I can add valid points to it. I don't wanna add fucking racist sentiments to my beautiful country.

aki*lp

aki*lp LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I totally agree.
    It's quite hilarious, but sadly very true.

Janie Jones

The adds are quite hilarious, but the problem is that 98.7354% of the population drinks them in.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Not true.I have learnt to laugh at those.

Janie Jones

You're a guy, though. I know, even though many laugh at it, it makes everyone feel very insecure. And soon, it's going to start spreading racism. I know it seems far fetched, but if these false nothions keep spreading, who knows what'll happen? And if everyone laughs at 'em, then why do they get enough capital to make even more of these crappy adds?

aki*lp

"Hi handsome, hi handsome."
    Fucking stupid add, but Rohan you have NO idea. Especially the uneducated majority you find in the villages. The women there will do anything to look like Hollywood or especially "Bollywood" actresses.

Janie Jones

EXACTLY! Man that add makes me wanna burn someone on a stake slowly and torturously. And since a large part of the population is so fucking moronic, they'll follow blindly. And it doesn't help that Bipasha Basu is probably the only sucessful famous dark actress in the whole frikkin' industry with Aishawaria Rais and Kareena Kapoors...

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Jesus Christ, if I saw any of those adverts I'd have thought it was someone taking the piss.
    But then there is a difference between people taking them literally and the adverts just building on the Mr. Gilette (man walks on, takes a shave, beautiful woman walks on and kisses him) concept.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
    Janie Jones

Seriosuly, I know most superficial adds are just dumb build ups on those silly Gilette adds, which everyone rolls there eyes at, but you should see the convincing power and the sheer emotion and absolute conviction they just tear down people with a darker skin color...:sick:
    Anyway, it's growing. I know it. I NEED TO STOP THE MADNESS!

aki*lp

I am afraid my love you can't. The media has a MASSIVE (and when I say massive, I mean it), massive control on masses. Even the most intelligent people get kind of brainwashed by the nonsense.

Janie Jones

I know. :(. But I can't just stand back and watch it. I mean, how sickening are those adds??? Anybody??

GrafiTTied

GrafiTTied Well-Known Member

Christ those adds make me feel nauseous. They make no sense, what they are trying to express is that a fairness cream is the ticket to a successful career. SO why dont we all just lay back kick education and rub fairness cream on our faces we'll all end up with six figure salaries. Oh and not to forget the side effects Fair and Lovely comes with, i know someone who used this fairness cream and ended up with irregular patches of white skin and now people mistake her for having the Psoriases disease. Its a completele sad story.Id do anything to stop this false promotion.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Yeah those AXE adds are dumb.But they're funny.Esp the "Mine's bigger" one

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

These must be pretty awesome adverts if they make people believe them literally. Seriously though, is fair and lovely the actual name of the brand? I'm going to try and find one of these ads for a laugh.

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION|

|CHRYSALIS of DEJECTION| Well-Known Member

HAHA.. i think i know what you guys are talking about. YES this whole fairness conspiracy has taken a wrong turn in our sub-continent, and the adds r getting more wackier day by day. I mean all of these beauty products are making some good money these dayz. GOSH how i envy that GILETTE guy, he shaves with one stroke, drives awesome red cars, not to mention planes (F 22's), always has a girl lurking behind him who apparently rushes just after he finishes shaving and feels his cheeks as if its chinese silk :S..I mean trust me, i once went to school cleaned shaved with GILETTE MACH 3 or wateva and all i got from a gal was " hey ur hair looks awesome...new gel ??" lmfao...AND how can i forget the IMAMI FAIR & HANDSOME add, i mean sure those guys can sneak into a gals hostel, steal fairness creams from them, hide behind buhses that r 8 inches tall and still not get seen...but there is a limit of stupidity, and they have crossed that limit and even gone further. I mean after that IMAMI guy gets fair, he acts as if he is an internationally recognized pimp, smiles like a complete idiot and guess what...the gals like it tooo,rushes towards him and says " HI HANDSOME HI HANDSOME". THAT add completely spoils my mood of watching INDIA vs PAKISTAN cricket mathces. OO and then there is the SET WET hiar gel add, a guy puts gel on his hair and walks out and the gals on the streets can't believe their eyes.. one of the gals get soo impressed that she drops her cell-phone and follows the guy who apparently acts as if he knew this was gonna happen. GOD what is our sub-continent getting into ? AND these dayz plastic surgery in our country is very popular, they kill their dark blood cells and magically turn into a one-of-a-kind MICHAEL JACKSON..and trust me whn i say this, i really don't care if a gal is fair or not, her personality would strike me more than her looks...:S

Janie Jones

Look at this:
    And here is an excerpt from a sensible article- (its mostly about degradation of women but it has this too in it as a part of the whole thing-

http://www.rediff.com/money/2004/jan/01guest.htm

@Chryasalis: You have put in explicit words exactly what I was trying to say, which is good, cause I can see people are understanding where I am getting at. Now I want people's help in trying to figure out what can be done. The message board above plain SHOCKED me, guys are actually eager about this stuff. You are absolutely right, it's all like what Michael Jackson did, people dont understand what they are doing to themselves. Basically, now soon, peple will start becoming superficial, follow blindly what there TV sets tell 'em and...

GrafitTied: I know, I know. Thats exactly what I was trying to say. These fairness cream adds basically waver kids away from education and trying hard and more towards beauty and stuff. And we may lose aour position as top ten (or nearby) education systems in the world...

@Dean - you should. You really should. They're funny when you're not fuming mad. And fair and lovely is the biggest fairness cream company in India.

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Actually its one of the biggest FMCG company in the world-

UNILEVER,Inc.

Janie Jones

Was just reading about that right now. It's British, right?

Evil Angel

Evil Angel Ambient

Brit-Dutch i believe.Not quite sure

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

This is another instance of a corporation using propaganda to influence the large numbers of uneducated Indians to buy their product. Its brainwashing of the worst sort, and such campaigns should be shut down and the perpetrators prosecuted. Simple as that. This is racism of the lowest sort.