Demo's Better Than The Original

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by rundown228, Jul 16, 2012.

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

The version where Chester screams Mike's part is worse. In my opinion, Mike did one of his most powerful rapping on that track. But on the version where Chester screams(the only reason some would say its better which is typical) Mike's rapping is so dead like he was bored and reading the words from a piece of paper in front of him just to get it over with. How that could be considered better is beyond me.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

screw that, not even by nu-metal standards but songs in general.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I guess, I just think there was only ever one version of the song. Which I could be mistaken. If I am please point me where I can find the other version/demo. Otherwise its just saying the live version is better than the studio, which is a whole different discussion.

Geki

Geki >.

Qwerty wasn't intended for the album, so the demo we got on 6.0 was probably the farthest they worked on the song. It was recorded after the Japan tour, also. So technically, the live Qwerty would be more so the 'demo'.

Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

[video=youtube_share;JaOJNHoN06M]http://youtu.be/JaOJNHoN06M[/video]
    Always liked this version of Points of Authority better then the album version.

Fear (LOATR demo) !! Just really enjoy the way Mike sings.
    And the crawling demo, with the raindrops rapping.

For me, it feels like the demos and so on had stronger rapping, rapping ideas and so on.
    I prefer chester's voice better on the albums then the demos.

Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

I like the HP demos a bit more because I think LP sounds WAY BETTER raw. Mikes rapping on the Hybrid Theory Demos is way more street and rougher than anything he has done, including Fort Minor. The Hybrid Theory Demos just sound so much more honest. And i think the arrangments are more interesting. And you can actually hear the fucking bass guitar! When i listen to the Hybrid Theory Demos, it sounds like some guys comming together to throw down some raw epic creative shit. when i listen to LP, it sounds like a struggle for perfection. I'm not saying I hate LP. I love LP. I just prefer a more raw, honest sound and more creative arrangments and lyrics rather than a polished sound chopped off into three minutes. And this also applies to the MTM demos as well. LP does this alot. They make a raw creative riff/rap/melody/arrangment and then chop its balls off for the final product

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Not exactly a demo (rather a work in progress), and I wouldn't go as far as to say I prefer it, but:

I really like the video from the recording of ATS where Mike and Brad talk about how they should work on 'Dingleberry' and they jam/create some of the elements that become 'When They Come For Me'. That was awesome, just hearing some of the raw elements and the bullhorn experiments.

Slightly off topic, but still cool I think.

Geki

Geki >.

On a side note, I'd REALLY love to hear the early version of SOTD that they used electric banjo on. LPU12, please.

RiseFromTheAshez

RiseFromTheAshez Banned

Figure.09 (Demo) >>>

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Faint.

Also, all hail the random bass note on the In The End demo from LPU11. :awesome:

Bam!

Bam! One by One

Fear! The Leave Out All The Rest demo was awesome! I know it wasn't a finished song, but Mikes lyrics on the track are great! An. The gibberish rapping was really cool too!

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

I like Esaúl more than APFMH. I love the verses more. I love the instrumental more. The chorus IMO is so much better. Also prefer Rhinestone over Forgotten. Better verses and the chorus is much better too.
    Also:
    Drum Song > TLTGYA
    Figure.09(Only Rap Demo) > Figure.09
    Stick 'n Move > Runaway

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Those "demos" were actually recorded after the EP. :)