Dead by Sunrise or Fort Minor?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by lime treacle, Apr 8, 2012.

?

Dead by Sunrise or Fort Minor?

1. Dead by Sunrise

23 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. Fort Minor

77 vote(s)
    57.0%
  3. I like them both equally

31 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. I don't like neither

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
    lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

Fort Minor. The Rising Tied is a great album. There are songs what I don't like(Kenji, Back Home or Red To Black) but there are some amazing songs(Right Now, Be Somebody, Where'd You Go). I'm listening these songs every day.
    And DBS...Well I like Let Down and Crawl Back In but the rest of the songs are just "meh".

InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

Dead by Sunrise because

1) Chester's singing is much better than Mike's rapping. Chester is one of the best singers in the world, Mike is just average.
    2) The lyrics on Out of Ashes aren't really complex, but they are genuine and honest. I believe him. Mike's lyrics are oftentimes a little pseudo (eg. Petrified).

Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

Fort Minor. Mike's production was very good and he had some great artist featured that helped him carry the album. DBS sounds like an average post-grunge rock band that should have been out during the mid-to-late 90's. I think Chester may be the most versatile singer in the history of rock but I also think he is only an average songwriter. But the combination of Mike's production and songwriting with Chester's amazing vocals makes for a lot of very good Linkin Park songs so I could live without another FM or DBS album.

nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

I voted "I like them both equally" in the poll but now that I think about it, I think I actually like DBS a little more than Fort Minor. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Fort Minor. DBS just barely edges it out for me because Too Late, Into You, Walking In Circles, and In the Darkness are 4 of my favorite songs of all time. Fall 2009 was also one the best times of my life too so that might have something to do with it since that's when Out of Ashes came out.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Dead By Sunrise, I only liked 2 or 3 tracks on Rising Tied

Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Fort Minor. As much as I absolutely idolize Chester and his vocal capabilities, it's Mike's creativity that allows LP to soar. Dead By Sunrise was extremely mediocre in my opinion. If it was any other vocalist, I would never listen to it. Chester's voice brings it up a few notches for sure, but Mike's a great rapper and does a lot of cool things in The Rising Tied.

Mike's just a fucking genius though. Seriously.

stoosh

stoosh Member

Easily Fort Minor. I loved the album and it's spin off mix tape (We major mix tape). I only heard the Dead By Sunrise a couple of times, it just didn't grab my attention enough. It lacked something I couldn't put my finger on.