Chester Bennington’s voice maturing??

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Star Scream, Dec 8, 2011.

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

i have seen recent saw live vids of LP and i think chesters voice is changing, and i think his voice is going to change dramatically in LP's 5th album

please tell me what you think about the matter??????????

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Honestly, I'm surprised his voice is still so incredibly close to the studio versions during live performances after over 10 years of screaming. As for his voice changing on the next record, I think it's fair to say we'll be hearing less screaming as time goes on from Chester, as the band has said.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

His voice has always been changing from album to album

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

only slight differences really. His voice around HT was higher pitched (Idk if thats right but I have no other way to describe it.) And then it changed during the meteora cycle, for the better in my opinion. There's something in that era that he does live that the studio stuff just doesn't capture. Its amazing. Then for minutes the studio stuff sounded the same but I think all that touring got to his voice. In the early parts of touring it sounded fine but by R@R it was pretty weak. Now he seems to have gotten it back, and there is a slight difference. I hear it too. I don't think it will be radically different, but different

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I don't think his voice sounds as raw as it used to. I'm guessing he's been learning better technique as the years went on.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

his softer singing has improved by a thousand times. the best example is his rolling in the deep cover. He totally outsings Adele... in my opinion

Geki

Geki >.

He sings a lot better now (MTM/ATS) than he did on HT/Meteora. His screaming still sounds awesome (GU, Blackout), but it's different than the way he did back in the old days. I don't know.. His voice does sound different but I think if he wanted to sing like he did on HT, he could.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

I remember watching old videos from as far back as 2003 and I noticed one thing, his screaming voice was perfect but he had problems pitching and holding full notes. Now it seems his singing voice has improved at the expense of his screaming. But he can still go hardcore like in Blackout or Given Up.

19nacho19

19nacho19 Banned

Chester's voice is the same, the only thing that hapens is that HE IS A SINGER ! :D, so he understand his voice and he sings in diferent tunes, there is maybe a 10% of maduration on his voice, ofcourse u don't sound the same at 15 than at 20 years old, it's just that.

Star Scream

it's just though i had about his voice.............. LP's 5th album is really going to be a surprising

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I don't think his voice is going to be any different really

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I agree. It wont be that different.

Star Scream

true now that i think about it

lpisbaws

lpisbaws Well-Known Member

It wont change until he's atleast 70 or dead

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Even at 70, Chester will still woo all his fans and make them fall out of their wheelchairs......lol....well I know I will!

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lmao I don't know about that. Screaming isn't exactly good for the chords. There are guys in they're 50's who singing tore up their voice and Chester is a lot more inense. Look at Corey taylor. He lost his scream after slipknots third album because extensive touring. Lp used to do the same thing. Chesters lucky he came out with his voice in tact

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If I recall, Chester said in an interview once that he doesn't scream as much, because he honestly just doesn't want to do it anymore. He said he really doesn't have much to be "pissed about" nowadays, and thus doesn't see the need to write the same music he did 10 years ago. Now he may not have been serious there, but I wouldn't blame him for it if it was true. As certain live performances over the past few years will show, he certainly can still sing the old songs just fine, but try screaming at the top of your lungs right now. Notice how much your throat struggled just that one time? Now try doing that 90-120 minutes every other night, and usually without much of a break. Me and my dad used to wonder how much longer it'd be until Chester destroyed his voice, and it's a good thing he took care of himself and stopped putting his vocals through stress. Had he kept this up for 4 albums, he probably wouldn't even sound great anymore. He saved his voice by going melodic vs doing constant screaming.

Star Scream

i agree with everything you said, it seems to me now that he is refining his voice and being more technical with his vocals... i think the Adele cover was a perfect example of his vocals being refining

19nacho19

19nacho19 Banned

I don't believe that he will say goodbye to the screams after listening to "Given Up" live in Red Square last year, he improved the screams like a demon and I don't think he is gona let that tune get deleted, I scream too and I wouldn't sell the screams for all the gold of the world :headbang:

Star Scream

you got a point cause the scream he did in what i've done in red square was just amazing, so most likely i think there will be screaming in 5th album:awesome: