"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

I think I'll just spectate on this lulzfest.

2. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[youtube]7ebhqACZHQ4[/youtube]

Oh look, it's a guy doing Daft Punk's Harder Better Faster Stronger! That shit's electronic music, it isn't hard, right?

Except you know, to get this effect, the guy has to say the words and play the notes on his synth at the same time.

About 1:51 in is where it gets intense. Also where he messes up. Why? Because that shit is hard. He makes a synth sound like a guitar. Fuck, he makes vocals into a synth into a guitar part.

But yeah, you're right. Electronic music isn't hard at all. I mean, playing the piano is easy, right?

3. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

HAHAHAHAHA

View attachment 4305

HAAAAHAHA

Ohhhh I haven't laughed like that in a while. Thanks!

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Minus is my hero.

5. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

LP IZ DA BEST 4EVR.

No, seriously though, BID sounds like the first of 12 in the new and improved ATS and that's actually totally fine with me. I could listen to all of HT and Meteora without skipping a track, but I only listened to MTM in full the very first time, after which I listened to, I think, two tracks from time to time, and that went up to about 4 with ATS. I hope LT is evidence that the band has finally found comfortable consistency again after experimentation with the last 2 albums.

6. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

OK SO, Learning so many magic info from minus today! :nyan: Ah, but he's made a mistake.

We have a electronic drum kit, which is basically a drum kit with an electrical output.
    A electric keyboard, which is basically a piano with an electrical output.

But clearly, minus, you're missing what the guy is talking about. He's obviously talking about guitars. Duh. This is rock music and we talk bout guitars in rock music. He wants REAL guitars that don't have electrical output. How could you make such a mistake, minus?

The only REAL LP song is THE MESSENGER. Obviously. All of the other songs suck balls because they're all goddam electronic. Stick that in your pipe and die from cancer.

7. Hybrid

Because BURN IT DOWN OBVIOUSLY has no guitars in it. Lulz.

8. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

It's not real music unless the only thing you can hear are the guitars, didn't you know?

9. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

You proved your point so well that I actually want one of those boxes. NOWZ.

10. Hybrid

:lol::kappa:

11. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

MrEthanator is now singing 'Whaaaaat iiiiii've doooooone!!' when reading all these comments.

I wanna see his response though! Judging by his previous posts, it should be a fun read.

12. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

Just copied and pasted this description of BURN IT DOWN from iTunes... and I'm not sure how close of a description it is...

"After two albums experimenting with sounds, concepts, and electronic textures, Linkin Park returns to its nu-metal ways on LIVING THINGS, the band's fifth album. The first single, "BURN IT DOWN," gives a hint with expansive guitar, shouted choruses, a rap from Mike Shinoda, and Chester Bennington's naked vulnerability encased in a throat-shredding howl. LP fans craving the chemistry of Hybrid Theory and Meteora should immediately take to LIVING THINGS..."

There is a rap from Mike, but shouted choruses? A throat-shredding howl? Chester's voice does get rough at times but I don't know if I'd go that far...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  13. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Have you tried just SAYING the chorus? It's being shouted.

14. Shadow

I think is the lack of "shouting" guitars that's getting to most of the peeps. The guitars do "add" to Chester's voice in the previous albums, not saying he can't stand on his own but I think that's the moral of the story here. :awesome:

Honestly it's your average LP song structure just with all the cool shit from M2M (rip off iron maiden song title ) to ATS, and not your average sounding linkin park-ish guitars.

I personally like the song because it has a Reanimation-ish vibe to it, more than ATS is but I dunno the song to me feels naked without the old crunchy guitars, granted bringing that back without some sort of interpolation it will be straight RIP from HT and Meteora.

BUT

I haven't heard a lossless version to make a complete assessment so don't take my words exactly in their entirety.

And I personally just with the "intro" melody was hugely impressed and look forward to how Living things might be. A midi guitar solo would be fun to hear! Or just rhythm parts, whatever. I do need one "crunch" song, sorta like how Blackout was to ATS.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  15. Hybrid

The fact that they called it "Nu-Metal" is laughable...

16. Shadow

All hype.. I doubt they will go straight to that. "nu-metal" ways ja!

17. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Queue thousands of morons downloading the album believing they will find nü metal and then bashing the living shit out of it on Youtube and online forums.

18. LeoMPhillyFan

LeoMPhillyFan Well-Known Member

Yea! It's finally top 10 on Itunes!

19. MrEthanator75

MrEthanator75 Banned

Hey guys id just like to say im sorry. I actually really like the song. And i dont even believe the things i said. My mom passed away yesterday. No im not kidding so no one even accuse me of that.i just wanted to start an argument. Oh and fuck you ya yellow ass chink. U really wanna talk mad shit like that and make it personal then i'll buy u a plane ticket and fly you to where i live so i can kick ur ass back to nam

20. Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

Dammit, favorite chew toy, why'd you have to say that? Now you're gonna get banned for being a racist ass and I will have to find entertainment elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.