Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Tim, Feb 10, 2015.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

There's not much you have to say when you have a video of the defendants cutting off a dead guy's head and daring each other to stick their dicks in his throat hole.

Odenkirk really fleshed out his character though. He was great to watch. We didn't really see Saul show much of a range on Breaking Bad. I'm glad he's getting a big role because he's always been a really funny writer and actor. Seems like he has great range as well.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    travz21

This show is pretty incredible. The cinematography is even more stylized than Breaking Bad which seemed impossible. The story so far could be compared to a weird Coen brothers film. I hope it keeps it up.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

really loving this so far. second episode was defs the strongest, but then again out of the three so far its been the closest to brba, and i really want to see saul turn into its own beast so..i'm conflicted there. it looks like its finally shaping up into a routine now with episode 3, which is good. i fucking love saul as a character and always have, but jimmy mcgill..i think i like him even more. i'm literally waiting so impatiently for new episodes each week like..shit. i'm just so excited the brba universe is back, and i have pretty much no complaints with this yet. lets hope it continues at this level of good/grows even stronger.

also, i'm loving nacho's voice and i don't know why. he's a cool ass character. hopefully we won't see too much more of tuco, as i feel his appearance was perfect and like...not a brba overload. as much as i'm loving the callbacks and references, and i believe they should continue, i really don't want it to turn into brba 2.0. which i'm pretty sure it wont, as episode 1 and 3 were quite different to brba, whilst keeping the style and themes of it.

i'm loving this so much.

travz21

I feel the same way about Nacho.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

he's played by the dude who voices vaas from far cry 3. that's probably why i like his voice so much.

travz21

Found a really good interview with Odenkirk if anyone has 30 minutes to waste. It starts off pretty standard and may be boring for some people for like 10 minutes, but the interview goes about as deep as you can go after that. Totally next level. Bob is amazing. The amount of thought he put into his responses was incredible. Looked like he was tearing up in spots even.

[youtube]5lfVasKQiJQ[/youtube]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'm so excited that they're fleshing out Mike's character! Even more intrigued by this than Jimmy's metamorphosis into Saul.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

LOL

Great episode this week. The sex toilet was hilarious.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

god damn that was fucking awesome

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Saw early this morning that Jonathan Banks was trending on Twitter, given his age I was afraid that it might be bad news. But I braved myself to check it out and it turned out to be praise for this episode, and holy fuck does he deserve it.

Solid episode.

travz21

Jesus christ

deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

LOVE this show.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Give Jonathan Banks the best supporting actor Emmy already. Wow.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

That was awesome. Best episode so far.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

My god, what an episode. Jonathan Banks was always a great actor, but he really showed his chops here.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Really liked this week's episode. It's kind of tragic to see Jimmy take actions to "do the right thing" and get kicked in the nuts, while getting rewarded for doing immoral things. It's like no one wants him to do good. You can clearly see where the "Saul Goodman" persona is gonna come from.

Also liked Mike's parts in this episode, with him being confronted by the young, passionate cop that most likely reminds him of his son, and him getting his first "job" for Jimmy. The music that was playing during this sequence was also really nice, though it did go on for a bit too long.

And last but not least: let's not forget those fucking Kettlemens. I love to hate those two. Not to mention the silliness that is Craig Kettlemen. Poor bastard didn't even get the chance to get some more coffee in the bar because of his batshit crazy wife.

Anyways, with only 3 episodes left, I'm really curious where things are gonna end up.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

God, Mrs. Kettleman is such a fucking bitch. Poor Mr. Kettleman. :lol:

travz21

What this show is so great at is being engaging regardless of the current story is important or not. Breaking Bad was great at that as well, but this tops it I think. Whether it's Jimmy showing Kim around the office, Mike sitting on the bench talking to his former coworker/friend, Jimmy playing bingo at the retirement home, etc. There are countless scenes that would be completely annoying and boring if they were handled by anyone other than the people working on this show. The cinematography is ridiculously good and the writing is brilliant. I've never felt bored even when I'm rewatching these episodes.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Well, fuck.