Premiere: "Heavy" (Disero Remix)

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Apr 28, 2017.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Linkin Park have released another official remix of their current single "Heavy" (from the upcoming album "One More Light"), this one by up-and-coming Canadian producer Disero.

Disero's remix takes the song in a festival-friendly future bass direction much like Nicky Romero's remix, but with melodic drops that are slightly more ethereal, where spacey saw chords clash with frantic vocal edits atop the requisite 808s. The sonic approach instantly recalls future bass acts such as Ekali and What So Not. The new remix is available now on iTunes and you can also check it out on Spotify.

A relatively new name in electronic music, Disero is best-known for having entered an official remix competition held by Mutemath in 2016 for their song "Monument", and winning the contest with his stellar entry. The extremely-chill rework of "Monument" was given an official release ... and, even more impressively, was even performed live by the band on at least one occasion. Later that year, Disero was given the opportunity to contribute production to an original Mutemath song, "Changes", for inclusion on a remix album of the same name.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

That one is superior to the other one. Atleast this one has some intersting things going on.

Abel and brady like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Burn It Down 2.0 remix invasion :kappa:

I don't know? but better than that romero remix, at least :p

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I really love the atmospheric effects. There's a lot of scope in the track that I dig. I was really enjoying it up until the EDM drop.

Meteorain likes this.
    @LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

I used to really enjoy remixes. Now, I couldn't care less. Give me another Reanimation or something.
    Disclaimer: No, I'm not asking for another Hybrid Theory.

punkkidskater

punkkidskater Why So Shinoda?

Isn't that what RECHARGED was all about?

@LP2K12

@LP2K12 Est. 2K12

Recharged was decent, not nearly on the same level as Reanimation. Also, Rubin was highly involved with Recharged. I think I enjoyed Reanimation because Mike took the bull by the horns, so to speak. Not a big deal though, I'm just glad to have new music.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Heavy is the next Burn It Down. :halfkappa:

Sasuke likes this.
    Ben Davidson

Ben Davidson New Member

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Rick Rubin's involvement with Recharged amounted to his remix of A Light That Never Comes, and nothing else. Any further production credits he has on Recharged stem from producing the original Living Things recordings. Same reason Don Gilmore is credited on Reanimation despite having no involvement with its creation whatsoever.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Cooler than the Nicky Romero version for sure, the drop is actually pretty cool. I'll play it a few times and see if I grow to love it or if it becomes boring at some point.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Both remixes surpass the original in every way.

Michele likes this.
    brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

A lot better than that first remix. A little on the generic side, but certainly a lot more interesting than Nicky Romero's remix. A really fun song to blast in the car :lol:

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

I never minded remixes. I remember back in the old days, people would get so annoyed by the band releasing remixes. They were always better than the tons and tons of live tracks that the band released, IMO. Luckily, the band doesn't release as much live stuff nowadays it seems. But in the old days, there were like thousands of live tracks, I hated them. I don't mind these remixes, even though I'm not really a fan of the song in general. They are pretty good for their genre.

Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

Lol, you're definitely in the minority. I absolutely adore live LP tracks and am indifferent to most of their remixes. Though I will say this one of Heavy is way better than the Nicky Romero one. I'll probably save it to my Spotify and give it a few more listens.

Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

Some are ok, but I usually find myself listening to studio versions of songs 9 times out of 10. I do genuinely like a lot of remixes that Linkin Park has put out. I love the Crystal Method remix of Points Of Authority on LPU2. I loved Mike's remixes of What I've Done and Leave Out All The Rest, too, even though a lot of people didn't care for them. And Reanimation is godly. I guess I like remixes more because you can change a song or make it unique in your own way, where as a live version is pretty much all the same once you've heard one. I know the band does different stuff live but yeah. Like for example, this Disero remix of Heavy, it makes it sound like it's own song, it's cool and unique.

Avo likes this.
    mandylane

mandylane Well-Known Member

its an okay remix