"Chair (1999 Demo)" Now Available To LPU Members

Discussion in 'News' started by Andreina, Oct 14, 2016.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

The sixth and final of the bimonthly LPU 15 tracks has been put up for download to LPU members.

[​IMG]
    If you already have a LPU 15 Membership, you can download this track by clicking here. In addition, click here and watch a Track by Track video where Mike explains the origin of "Part of Me".

What do you make of this song from Linkin Park's early days? Now that this is the final LPU 15 song, what are your expectations towards the new year of Linkin Park Underground? You can tell us what you want to see next by logging in to our Forums!

Source: LP Official Twitter

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Ok, now we're free to hype the LPU XVI. Please have some THP and ATS demos from released songs.

Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

Instrumental I assume?

EDIT: yep. Never mind.

Overall, I may be in the minority, but I really liked LPU15. It started off strong imo with Animals, Basil, Chance of Rain, Grudge match and TooLegit. Attached was pretty sweet too. Can't wait for LPU16! I don't mind what era it's from. I probably want some more ATS demos, a HT demo (love Mike's rapping during this era) and hopefully a Meteora demo with vocals. (Probably not) A LT demo would be awesome too.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

Chance of Rain turned out to be one of my favorite LP songs full stop. I think Chair with Part of Me's lyrics would sound great with the right delivery.

Deliveranze likes this.
    Evan

Evan Well-Known Member

*Patiently waiting for someone to upload the whole album to my favorite torrenting site*

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The LPU 15 demos aren't my favourite ones ever ("Attached" is fantastic, though, I think) but my first year of LPU has been alright. I'm pretty happy with the offerings.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Animals and Chance of Rain are definitely two of my favorite LPU releases ever.

What I want most from this year's LPU is definitely the pop demos that they threw away in favor of THP, but that might not happen for a while.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll still do the bi-monthly releases with the next LPU. It sucks for the people that purchase the CD's as they won't get all the songs on the disc. The LPU digital membership is a good deal though and I really only go digital anymore. "Chance of Rain" and "Attached" are some of my favorite demos to date. It's weird to rate demos because we're talking about mostly old unfinished songs, but this was a decent LPU year.

For next LPU, I'd like to see some modern demos (LT/THP era). I also like the 2001-2003 era instrumental demos, and fortunately for me, it seems like they have an infinite supply of those.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

They finally utilized that beat in Part of Me, dind't they?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I thought you got a digital membership by default anyway

TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

I think he means the digital only version, which doesn't come with physical merch

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

To clarify, to the people that may want all the LPU 15 demos on the CD itself, they don't have that option since LP went with the bi-monthly route. They have to listen to the rest through the digital downloads like you said. Which, I guess, isn't a big deal though as most only collect the CDs and will probably just listen to all the songs digitally anyways.

And to the people like me that aren't big collectors, the $10 digital membership for LPU is perfect.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

They make it pretty clear that this is a demo of Part of Me...it's literally the main beat for the first two verses/choruses from the final version with all of the other instruments stripped out.

Also, Mike claims this was done on his Tascam 4-track cassette recorder but also just claimed in the Xero exclusive info that the versions we have of the Xero songs are the "best quality out there?" Either that claim is bullshit, as this is WAY better quality than any of the Xero rips (same goes from any of the other pre-HT demos we've gotten through LPU), or this wasn't done on the cassette recorder at all. Nevermind the fact that Mike erroneously claims that Part of Me was on the Xero demo tape in the track-by-track video...

TheInterframe

TheInterframe Well-Known Member

I have a feeling Mike's mixing up when they changed their name from Xero to Hybrid Theory, there might be a slight chance that this was demoed out during the brief period where they still called themselves Xero, just before the transition, I mean this is clearly made on his Akai sampler, and I guess it could have been bounced to a tape? Also I may have misunderstood him but I think he claimed in the video that this was on the demo tape they sent Chester? Which is super odd.

As per the Xero rips we have being the highest quality, I mean there's still that unexplained re-recorded version of Rhinestone in The Crow, I really doubt they would have just re-recorded one song, I have a feeling there's a CD somewhere in Mike's archives with higher quality Xero recordings.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

This was a great demo to end LPU 15, just wished it would have been a bit longer. I admit that I wasn't a fan of the "bi-monthly" release pattern at first, but it no doubt made the wait for LPU 16 so much easier (it launches next month!).

All in all, a very solid release of demos for the LPU, and certainly takes first place for having the strongest '90s era LP influence. So many pre-HT demos this time around, and all of them had something distinct about them.

shinobikid

shinobikid \m/

A
    Other instrumental...