Are LP Views on Youtube underrated?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LP Soldier 01, Jun 28, 2017.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

One of the things that I wonder constantly is whether the views of Linkin Park on Youtube are underrated.
    Currently, the band has 3 780 675 819 views, which is quite a lot, but I feel like some songs (Somewhere I Belong, One Step Closer, Papercut, Final Masquerade, Shadow Of The Day, Leave Out All The Rest, Iridescent and The Catalyst). Even Breaking the Habit should have 200 million views as well as The Catalyst, so the ideal would be:

Numb:700 M
    In The End: 500 M
    New Divide: 350 M
    The Catalyst: 200 M
    Somewhere I Belong: 150 M
    Breaking The Habit: 200 M
    Castle of Glass: 300 M
    Burn It Down: 200 M
    Lost In The Echo: 130 M
    One Step Closer: 100 M
    Shadow of The Day: 85 M
    Iridescent: 100 M
    Waiting For The End: 150 M
    Heavy: 75 M
    Battle Symphony: 30 M
    Invisible: 10 M
    Papercut: 125 M
    Faint: 225 M
    Given Up: 100 M
    Bleed It Out: 100 M
    Final Masquerade: 100 M
    Burning In The Skies: 85 M
    Rebellion: 30 M
    Guilty All The Same: 30 M
    Wastelands: 15 M
    Until It´s Gone: 70 M
    Crawling: 200 M
    Good Goodbye: 15 M
    One More Light: 30 M
    A Place For My Head: 35 M
    From The Inside: 135 M

Most of those numbers, if not all, are very unrealistic, but I think those would be the numbers that would make justice for LP music because the views would mean more people listening to the songs, more youtube money and even more people buying the albums.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

My response to this will be that their views should be way higher.

Back in the day (2009 maybe?) all of Linkin Park's music videos were removed from youtube and they had INSANE amount of views. More views than most videos on youtube at the time. If those videos were never removed and re-uploaded Linkin Park could potentially have the most views of any rock band {Not sure who actually does at the moment] and their views would be sky high at the moment.

minuteforce likes this.
    TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

To put it into context. The highest viewed LP video is Numb, which is on 541m, and has been uploaded for 10 years

That's What I Like by Bruno Mars was uploaded 3 months ago and has 622m

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

To be fair, Numb became huge before YouTube was even a thing, while "That's What I Like" came out while YouTube is an extremely popular site.

Blake, HybridT and Sasuke like this.
    Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Blake likes this.
    LP Soldier 01

Let´s not forget that in about 1 year Numb shoot from 400 someting to 541 and all the songs have been increasing the views, just not in the way they should. I don´t compare LP to pop acts because that´s just unfair considering that they came in Youtube era and most of those pop songs are just songs with catchy lyrics forced into everyone´s ears and they have no meaning like most LP songs do. A good number for LP would be 6 billion+. Also, comparing LP to Coldpay and Maroon 5 was possible in the past (and LP would beat them without a doubt in views and sales) because they were all of those bands were rock and the Coldplay and Maroon 5 just stepped away from rock (for me Coldplay was rock only until Viva La Vida, from then I just stopped listening to them) while Linkin Park nowadays still retains songs with good guitar presence as Talking To Myself and also One More Light in a softer pace, whereas the other too shifted completely to pop.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    LP Soldier 01

I didn´t know that LP had removed all music videos from Youtube and, if they did, it´s understandable that re-uploading videos in a time when pop was slowly starting to dominate the music world, but still I think every song deserved much more views on Youtube. Numb was one of the best songs of the 2000s and still its views are no way near the insane amounts of views that pop songs have nowadays.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

As someone else mentioned, Numb is also old. A lot of people aren't going to check for a 13 years old music video on yourube.

LP Soldier 01

That´s probably the case with Numb and also every other song from the band that is 10 years old or more

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Found the Linkin Park fan

HybridT and Sasuke like this.
    LP Soldier 01

I bet you did:) I always defend Linkin Park a lot because I grew up with them (despite having only started to pay more attention to them in 2010 when ATS came out and everyone in my class was crazy about The Catalyst and to listen to their whole discography only in 2012 when I bought Living Things) and Evanescence at that time, those were good days and probably that´s why I always like what LP and Evanescence do, even assuming that Evanescence lost a bit of their touch after Ben Moody´s departure, but there´s hope that the new album Synthesis can really bring them back. I guess I couldn´t too easy on Coldplay, a band I used to listen to quite often, shifted completely towards a poppier direction after Viva La Vida in 2010. I can name other bands I like, 5 or 6 more, but I think LP and Evanescence will always be my favourites.

LP Soldier 01

@minuteforce, I was checking one of your songs, Drug of Choice, and it´s really good. Congratulations:clap: