June 18, 2017 - Clisson, France | Hellfest 2017

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Anything is possible if you believe in yourself :flowers:

2. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

DONT STOP BELIEVIN

Modern Guitar God likes this.
  3. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Wrong :kappa:

Modern Guitar God and Sasuke like this.
  4. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Yes! all Hip Hop sound the same, remember when music used to be good? :halfkappa:

5. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Honestly if we got a full on hip-hop album, I'd rather it be a Fort Minor project than the next big LP album. I'd rather see LP explore other genres, styles, and sounds.

chris2, Michele, Sasuke and 2 others like this.
  6. Virgocore

Virgocore Well-Known Member

They could make tons of different music within the genre of hip-hop that sounds nothing like Good Goodbye. I was just saying that a lot of fans seemed to enjoy that song and it had the most hip-hop driven sound on the new album out of all the songs on it. I read somewhere that Welcome by Fort Minor was originally a Linkin Park song too, and a lot of fans seemed to also love that song. I was just saying, a full hip-hop based album isn't something that they've done yet as far as main albums go, so maybe it'd be interesting to see with what they come up with.

Sometimes, I feel like Linkin Park forgets that there are so many genres within a genre. The Hunting Party for example, they called a rock record. There are so many different genres inside rock. Same goes for metal, electronic music, hip-hop and tons of other genres. One More Light even, they said it was a pop record, but there are so many genres within pop. They could release a black metal album next and then release a death metal album afterwards and they would be two different genres.

7. Modern Guitar God

I really agree with everything you said. Won't add much since you pretty much nailed it. A lot of people think it's a bad idea but I think it'll work somehow. Never know really.

And they pretty much focused on hardcore, metal, and punk on THP.. not realizing how many other genres of rock there are, like you said. Well "realize" isn't the right word. Would say they forgot, I guess

8. Virgocore

I know they experimented with different styles on The Hunting Party, but I'm just saying, sometimes they throw out these one word answers to how stuff sounds, etc. If I were a member of Linkin Park, I'd just say it sounds like Linkin Park, I wouldn't come up with all these phrases and key-words every cycle. But there are definitely tons of genres within genres, and at a point, it can get annoying or hard to classify songs, and at that point, you're like, fuck it, I'll just call it whatever. I get that. Even if you keep it basic as hell, there are still tons of genres the band hasn't done yet, like Country, for example.

But yeah, I don't think a hip-hop sound for an album would be all that bad. It depends, I guess. If it's in the style of a song like Heavy, I wouldn't like it. If Mike really dug deep into his hip-hop roots and brought it out to make some music, I think it would be great. Maybe an old school hip-hop style, even. And I think they could get a lot of great artists in hip-hop on the album if they wanted. I mean they just had a huge legend in the genre, Rakim, 2 albums ago. There are a lot of good hip-hop artists out there right now, you just have to dig a little deeper to find them, but they exist. I know Mike is insanely talented and could put together a cool album if he wanted with the genre.

9. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

I've been all for LP making a hip hop album. If anything they would be more well known in the hip hop community not just in the rock community. And would gain lots of more fans.

10. One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

To go back a bit to @Dereks why is "the new chainsmokers" bad but "the new U2" is not. I might be wrong but while I agree that SOTD is like WOWY, I don't think U2 was (at least then) every where or really something to measure stuff by (as in "they should do something like the recent U2" but considering the fact that the Chainsmokers are everywhere and many artists at least seem to be trying to be like them, And as others have said many albums feel like its their take on a trent like when the music was being more electronic (heck Korn did a full on dubstep album ffs), they did ATS but still didn't really do something that was "taking the best out of the latest top 10", which IMHO OML definitely is and again IMHO as a result of that doesn't feel as n honest of an album as it is trying to be.

11. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

The general Hip-Hop community views Linkin Park as a joke.

Deliveranze and Iopia like this.
  12. Modern Guitar God

Kinda half true, I guess. Rappers tend to respect the band but fans don't

Deliveranze likes this.
  13. brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I think the comparison of songs on OML to anything The Chainsmokers have put out is quote silly. The only similarities they share with The Chainsmokers is song structure (but not really, there's no real drops on any songs besides SFN, which feels more like blackbear than anything) and that they both use electronic elements. That's really all.

Avo, Sasuke and Halfway Dwight like this.
  14. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Yeah, I can't comment on rappers. I know rap fans view them as a joke. Rap fans laugh at me for being a huge Linkin Park fan.

15. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

To be fair though you could say the same about the general rock community. :lol:

16. Dannyc

Dannyc Well-Known Member

Why do them view them as a joke? Because of Mike shinoda? Because they think his rapping is corny? Or are they just ignorant ppl who dont like rock music in general

17. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Rap fans seem to have more respect for Fort Minor and the record LP did with Jay-Z than they have for anything else by Linkin Park from what I've seen over the years.

18. Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

Because it's cool to hate Linkin Park :rolleyes:

19. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It's technically been 'cool' to hate Linkin Park since Hybrid Theory. A lot of people pegged them as a 'johnny come lately' when they first came out, and I don't think ANYONE anticipated how huge they'd become. I certainly didn't. I loved the band and thought Hybrid Theory was life changing for me, but I didn't expect the fame they had.

20. Virgocore

The rock and metal community for sure thinks Linkin Park is a joke. At least all the people I know that listen to that kind of music consider them a joke. And tons of bands have made fun of them over the years. People always say that the band received the most hate in the early days, but I don't think that's true, a lot of huge bands and artists respected them back in the HT, Meteora and MTM days. I think a large part of the ''respect'' though is for the fact that they have sold so many records and are a big name, so a lot of smaller bands and artists want to get in on that, for possible touring or collabs. I don't think the amount of bands or artists that just flat out love LP is all that big anymore. In the hip-hop world, Derek is right, they are mostly praised for Collision Course and The Rising Tied by Fort Minor which has nothing to do with actual Linkin Park. Lol. So really just Collision Course. The rock world respects them for Hybrid Theory but even at that, it's mostly a joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.