One Month After "One More Light"!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Sasuke, Jun 19, 2017.

?

One Month After "One More Light"!

1. I Still love it

25 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. I Still hate it

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. It has grown on me

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. I don't care for it

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. I'm neutral

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

While I like OML, I agree that there's too much good music coming out this year. OML currently sis at #6 for me this year. That definitely won't stay with new Queens of the Stone Age, Foo Fighters, Neck Deep, Knuckle Puck, MGMT, The Killers, Kygo, Maddie and Tae, 30STM, Sam Smith, ect.

Just too much quality music coming out.

Sasuke

Sasuke Modern Prog enjoyer LPA Super Member

I only prefer MisterWives's new album over OML tbh (it's fucking fantastic). I enjoy my other favorites from this year as the same level (Starset, Allie X...). but that will be change if Purity Ring & CHVRCHES (hopefully) are gonna release something this year 100%.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Haven't listened to it in 2 weeks.

TheZlajaZlo, Filip and Blake like this.
    Blake

Even though I like it, pretty much same. I've only listened to it in full once in the past 2 weeks now.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I still love it but I've gone back to looking for new music. NCSM, Invisible, and Sorry for Now often get played when I'm delivering pizzas at work still.

Blake, Halfway Dwight and Sasuke like this.
    kcg

kcg Well-Known Member

Still hate it, hasn't grown on me in the slightest.

TheZlajaZlo likes this.
    Chris loves LP

Chris loves LP Well-Known Member

Still meh, and it's likely to stay that way

Halfway Dwight

Halfway Dwight We are the fortunate ones.

I still love it and it has become my second favorite album from them behind ATS.

Sasuke likes this.
    Blake

I've been playing Nobody Can Save Me, Sorry For Now, and One More Light pretty regularly in my song rotations. The standouts to me and some of the best LP songs ever.

One thing I've noticed is when it comes to Linkin Park (in my opinion) the first 3 albums are more consistent than the last 4 but the last 4 create various songs that you consider "Best Linkin Songs"

My top 10 LP songs only has 1 song from the first 3 albums but the first 3 albums make up spots 2,3, and 4 on my album rankings.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I've noticed this too. I love various songs from each post-"Meteora" albums but I don't like any of the albums as a whole.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Hybrid Theory is the worst LP album if you ask me. I literally only listen to Papercut. :lol:

Sasuke likes this.
    Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

i don't listen to OML so often anymore but that's due to pile of work I had to do in the last two or so weeks. However, a few songs like GG or TTM just pop up in my mind and I subconsciously start singing.

Petar likes this.
    Blake

Not possible when The Hunting Party exists :halfkappa:

Doridorica

Doridorica Well-Known Member

No way I would say it's the worst but for me and from today's pov I have to be in a speacial mood to listen to it.

Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

imo OML is worse than Hybrid Theory and Meteora combined. and those two are my least favorite cuz I dont particularly like Nu-metal because I find it cheesy and downright outdated. OML lacks any sort or creativity and originality I've come to like from LP's previous works(Keep in mind I do sort of like THP, but ATS is my all time favorite from this band) and I still think that today. 1/10

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

I much prefer the band's last 5 albums to the first 2, but I definitely agree that Hybrid Theory and Meteora are very consistent. They mostly stick to one style, but execute it incredibly well. Every track follows the same winning formula, pumping out banger after banger. I agree with you in so far as there aren't really any songs that stand out (to me), and yet at the same time the each song is really, really good.

With MTM; the band started including more genres in their music, and while I personally think it made their music far, far better, I can see how a lot of people find the following few albums far more 'inconsistent'. Unlike HT and Meteora, where the songs largely sound similar so people tend to either like or dislike the whole record, the diversity of the later albums leave a lot more room for having tracks that some people might like/dislike a lot more than the rest of the album. Like, I personally love In Between, but it's so different to everything else the band's ever put out that I've seen many people who love MTM say that they hate that song. You wouldn't get someone who loves Hybrid Theory saying they hate, say, With You but love every other song on the record. Same with songs like Robot Boy and Until It Breaks; they're so different to the rest of the band's music that even fans of their respective albums might hate those individual songs, which is something that doesn't really happen with the first two records.

Now personally I prefer more diverse records, so I far prefer the band's later output, but that same diversity definitely means that I find myself usually having clear favourites (except for ATS, that album's too good :lol:), whereas with the first two albums my opinion of every track is roughly equal.

Halfway Dwight, Sasuke and Blake like this.
    LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I still listen to OML every day, but that´s probably because I normally don´t seek for another bands while I wait for one of my favourite bands to release something new. It´s true that the songs have a lot of sing along potential (probably the one with the best sing along potential, mostly because being a pop record) and that is another reason why I don´t stop listening to the album, which is a very solid one (with amazing songs like One More Light, Sorry For Now, Nobody Can Save Me and Invisible) despite some less appealing songs like Heavy, Battle Symphony or Halfway Right. I would rank it number 4 in the whole LP discography tied with MTM and followed by THP and ATS (these two have some of the best songs the band has ever made (Final Masquerade, Rebellion, The Catalyst, Iridescent, Blackout), but also some very forgettable ones like Guilty All the Same, Jornada del Muerto, Wretches and Kings and Wisdom Justice and Love). The ones that rank highest in my list are HT, Meteora and Living Things (due to the fact that LT the first LP album I bought and in terms of quality it´s great from start to finish with the only exception being Lies Greed Misery in my opinion).

Sasuke likes this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

I still listen to this album every week since its release, not in full but I'll still put on Nobody Can Save Me, Good Goodbye, Talking To Myself, Sorry For Now, Halfway Right, One More Light and my personal favourite, Sharp Edges the most. I don't listen to the rest as much (except maybe in the car) but I'll always listen to this album once or twice a week, particularly the tracks mentioned and I still really adore this album. It's so much fun to listen to and I still love the personal lyrics, the messages, the hidden sounds I am finding even a month later and the vocals and overall production.

The album really flows well for me and is a grower. Sharp Edges has also broke into my Top 10 Linkin Park songs list, absolutely love blasting that song at full volume.

Halfway Dwight and Sasuke like this.
    Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I listened to it for a solid month but then went back to other albums I enjoy. It's still a middle of the road album for me. I enjoy it more when I listen to a song individually rather than listen to the album front to back.

I find myself humming Nobody Can Save Me a lot at wotk, though.

LP Soldier 01

LP Soldier 01 True LP Soldier

I agree with those early comments stating that last 5 records from LP are less consistent as a whole when compared to HT and Meteora, but the last ones have produced more LP best songs, but it's always difficult for me to establish a final top 20 because sometimes I like on song more than another and days later it changes and it's not easy to choose the best songs from a band that's been around for so long and released so many hit songs.

Blake likes this.