LPApp

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by hawk, Jun 18, 2010.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Hello.

I am currently working on an iPhone (and iPod Touch) application. I have got my resources and will be working on the application for the next three days, therefore I should have more news on the happenings around then.

I am going to be using the LPS RSS feed so that all the application will automatically pick up on the latest news. Right now there will be no forum integrated into the application but maybe in a future update I will be adding it.

I hope to get the application available on the iTunes App Store but right now that seems to be a while away, and so I have another way of sharing the app legally.

Stay tuned on this post (or just the topic) for more details on how things are going, I am going to to write any specific release or expected date yet.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Man...more than great haha

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Joseph, any application you make with LPA's name on it could get us into serious trouble with Warner. I think it's a great idea and I'd love to see it, however if they get even a sniff of this they could throw all manner of copyright lawsuits at us for simply baring relevance to the band and we can't take that risk. So on behalf of the staff I'd like to ask you not to use the LPA in any part of any iPhone app.

Also, perhaps you should stick to one project at a time. As other staff members have previously said, it's great to see you being proactive but all these projects you're announcing all the time aren't getting finished and therefore it's just spamming the forums. Stick to one project at a time and when it's finished, post it. ;)

hawk

Why would Warner target it, there would be no music involved but only news...

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

If its using LP's name, possibly. They're OK with fan sites but I don't know about apps. And if we change something with how the site works, it might break the app. We don't want it tying us down like that.

And our site is already optimized for mobile viewing which works on all phones, not just the iPhone.

hawk

Okay man, your points have been made and I can understand completely why.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

actually, there are a few Apps out there based off of linkin park in the iTunes Store that dont have Warner's "permission" to do so, and they remain active, so it shouldnt really be a problem, just as long as its a free app

Rosh

Rosh Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd rather you work on the music project after ALL the hype you gave that. It just stalled. No one is going to take you seriously if you jump from project to project.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Be that as it may, we're not taking any risks with the LPA name. If Joseph wants to do a Linkin Park app then he can go right ahead, just leave the LPA out of it.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

i know, im not saying that LPA should have their name all over it im just letting Todd know that there are LP "fan"apps out there that have no support from warner or LP whatsoever