Manchester - July 7th 2017!

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Foreshadowed_LP, Apr 4, 2017.

Foreshadowed_LP

Foreshadowed_LP Well-Known Member

So I booked 2 Premium tickets for me and my girlfriend and 2 tickets (albeit, standard sitting tickets) for her Mum and Step-Dad to go see Linkin Park on Friday 7th July in Manchester courtesy of my digital LPU Membership. I'm really looking forward to the show, I saw the band back in 2011 and before that in 2004. Both shows were excellent and a completely different contrast in terms of genre and music played going from nu-metal to electronic rock. I'm intrigued to see what they do with the setlist at this show and this year, how many of their new songs will be implemented into the show and what classics and heavy songs will be played. Exciting times ahead!

I was disappointed to see the price of the One More Light Enhanced Experienced tickets, which went at £549 each. You have the meet and greet and get a signed electronic guitar as well as other things they usually include in the package so I understand the expensive pricing, I was just disappointed there was no other option to meet the band for a lower price but exclude the other benefits. I have never met the band and I definitely intend to one day but it was disappointing after receiving the e-mail to state they were doing meet and greets and to then be deflated after seeing the cost and the fact I couldn't afford it. One day maybe... one day.

Still, I'm excited for the show, it was my mission to see them again so I'm glad they're back touring in the UK! Should be quite the experience and hey, at least I've got some really good seats not far from the stage. Bring it on!

Anyone else going or attending other shows in the UK?

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

You know you can also win the meet n greet if you are a member of the LPU? They didnt cancelled that option, just added some (too expensive imo) option to guarante you a meeting with them.

Foreshadowed_LP likes this.
    Foreshadowed_LP

No, I actually didn't know that. I'll have a look into it. Thanks for letting me know.

Michele

No problem :)

Foreshadowed_LP

Okay, I had a look on LPU, went to the Meet and Greet/Contests section but only thing to enter is the April Giveaway, nothing under Meet and Greets or no other contests available yet. Maybe there will be one nearer the time, I certainly hope so as I'd love to finally meet the band.

I can't believe how quick the Meet and Greet tickets sold out yesterday, I went to look on the LPU Pre-Sale timeslot and within 10 minutes there were no tickets left. On the One More Light album pre-order pre-sale timeslot I went to look again out of intrigue and within 5 minutes they were all sold out. I guess the number of tickets for the Meet and Greet was very minimal, especially as it's across 3 UK shows. Just checked the site where they advertised the packages and it now says they're all sold out, still tickets available for the Battle Symphony package and the Premier tickets though.

Anyway, I digress but still, I'm really looking forward to seeing the band again after 6 long years since the last time I saw them. I always love the energy they bring to the stage. Also, thanks once again for your help Michele, it's very much appreciated.

Michele

maybe some admins @Kevin @Derek could give you more information to it. There is always a meet n greet lottery a month or something before the concert iirc.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

If I remember correctly the M&G options through LPU become available closer to the date of the concert, right now that's 3 months away so it's should be be fine.

Foreshadowed_LP

Okay, I'll keep a look out around June time on the Contests page on LPU.

Thanks for both your help, hope I'm successful.

Noosh

Noosh Well-Known Member

I feel your hype for Manchester! I definitely want to go again having seen them for the first time on the Hunting Party Tour a few years back.

newswatcher

newswatcher New Member

I believe Birmingham was Chester's last show. According to their tour schedule, Manchester was the last gig on the European tour...but was cancelled. According to wikipedia:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_More_Light_World_Tour
    Manchester was cancelled. I'm sure this is pretty common knowledge here.

List of cancelled concerts, showing date, city, country, and venue
    Date City Country Venue Reason
    July 7, 2017 Manchester England Manchester Arena 2017 Manchester Arena bombing

If I'm wrong, let me know...