LIVING THINGS STREAMING IN FULL ON ITUNES NOW!

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, Jun 15, 2012.

1. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Too funny.

Generic?

*turns on radio to see if he can find any songs like the ones he hears on LT*

Nope.

Nothing found.

2. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

yeah! I feel its weird too on the 1st time.. and now... still weird! :))
    but the rap verses are just a lot swagger in it! and the big deep low-bass too! I love it!
    here is the lyrics: http://wiki.lpassociation.com/index.php/Until_It_Breaks

3. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

This album is cool, but i still adore Hybrid theory its very special to me and always will be.

4. Rohit LP

Rohit LP The Silent Red

So far..my fav has been -I'll be gone ... this song just doesnt get out of my head....love it..

lost in the echo and In my reamins are possibbly the best two songs to start an album....LP hats off..

if i had to choose between which songs a better album closer...its pretty close TLTGYA and powerless...tinfoil/powerless make an amazing combo...

Castle of glass....its beautiful, just plain beautiful...elegant lyrics..

Victimised...is awesome...chester..i bow to thee...though Blackout edges it for me ..

m not sure whether i like until it breaks and skin to bone...they are currently in the weird category for me..

roads untravelled..has a missing WOW effect.. imo

5. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

hahahaha! agree!

6. lpfan89

lpfan89 You will pay for what you've done

Anybody else think this "leak" was on purpose? iTunes does have a major history with screwing shit up, but think about it... the band wanted to leak out Lies Greed Misery. So maybe they wanted the album to leak out to let people hear how awesome it is? Then tempting them to purchase the cd for themselves. Idk just a thought I've been having.

7. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

For the 3-4 people saying Skin to Bone is Muse, can you elaborate on why it strikes you as such? Is it the synth reminding you of MK Ultra? Outside of that I'm not hearing any connection. I guess maybe Supermassive, but still no.

If you are going to compare to Muse. Listen to Tinfoil+Powerless then listen to Blackout off Absolution and your mind will be blown...

LP would never want to leak something before scheduled exclusive Listening Parties in LA, Germany and the Monday LA show. iTunes fucked up (see Adam's trash can pic on IG, shortly after stream posted).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  8. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

im not talking about a similarity meaning closer..Pushing Me Away is the ultimate closer anyway lol...what i meant is the feeling....Numb is teen anger/sadness while Powerless seems like sadness but as an adult

9. OmarAbaza999

OmarAbaza999 Active Member

iam sorry baby minus i just realised i wrote until it breaks instead of roads untravelled. i have the whole album downloaded and listened to it more than 10 times so far. i have written an album review with more ellaboration on songs about 20 minutes ago, if you would like to tell me what you think of my review. thank you
    i am not sure about the trolling in this one but does it have to do with "retreat" :facepalm:

Thanks for the explanation ree, i did a double post just now so sorry for that and thanks for explaining the editing of a post thing.

10. Elcirith

Elcirith Active Member

My thoughts on the songs:

1. Lost In The Echo - Great album opener, both Mike and Chester are brilliant, sounds very much like old school LP. I love the part where Mike says, "I can't see flat, it ain't my tone." 9/10

2. In My Remains - Awesome lyrics, I really like the bass during the verse parts and the bridge is simply brilliant, you can't help but sing along. 9/10

3. Burn It Down - Weakest song on the album, but still, not that bad. 6.5/10

4. Lies Greed Misery - Very good song, nice rapping, really good chorus, short but it still feels whole. 7.5/10

5. I'll Be Gone - Brilliant performance by Chester, love the chorus! 8/10

6. Castle Of Glass - The best song on the album, I just can't get enough of it. They somehow manage to make a LP-sounding folk song and it is breathtaking. 10/10

7. Victimized - Not as heavy as I expected it to be. Great intro and has my favourite rap from the album, but it is too short... 7.5/10

8. Roads Untraveled - Chester does another great job on this song, really love his more gentle voice. Love the lyrics too. 8/10

9. Skin To Bone - I really love the feel of this song, I get chills whenever I listen to it, it has a sort of haunting beauty. 9/10

10. Until It Breaks - Sounds a little weird at first, Mike's rap really reggae-sounding. I love the small part where Chester sings right after Mike stops rapping for the first time. Brad's singing is great! I hope he does it more often! 9/10

11. Tinfoil - Feels more like an interlude, not a full instrumental. Does what its supposed to do i guess, don't reapply see a point in rating it.

12. Powerless - Great lyrics once again, very emotional and more brilliance from Chester. Great song to close the album with. 9/10

PS Castle of Glass is the only song to get 10/10 because no other song took my breath away like it did, one of the best songs LP has ever written.

11. LPChris

LPChris LP Fan Since 8/2001

puu.jpg

12. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I wanted to say something, but then I saw Chris' signature and immediately forgot.

13. LPChris

You're welcome.

I mentally-jizzed when I heard Lost In The Echo & Until It Breaks.

14. skyzlmt

skyzlmt Well-Known Member

Now your posts seem empty without your sig :( :hobo: (that's close to the forever alone face)

15. Geki

Geki >.

Anyone know what language the speech at the beginning of VICTIMIZED is? Who is speaking? What does it say?

16. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

who is that girl? lol

And yeah Lost in the Echo blew me away...one of my favorites on the album

17. LPChris

Kate Upton. aka my booty-call

18. finality

finality Well-Known Member

Having been a harsh critic of a lot of their stuff, I must say I've enjoyed this album from start to finish (besides Burn it Down).

My only real complaint: Can Mike stop with the "like that" crap? It's really just filler like pop songs using "tonight". Stop it, stop it! It almost ruined Until it Breaks for me.

19. Cure4thItch

Cure4thItch BEST IN THE WORLD

Is there much notable Bass work on this album?

20. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

Lets just say for its short length, Victimized knocks your head off drumming wise. It will be more noticeable and louder in the CD version over rip version also.