"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Asians are better and smarter than you. Don't forget it. Their women are hotter too. #ASIANSFTW

/banned.

2. <3

3. Derek

SO YOUNG. SO ANGRY.

DAMN THAT RAP MUSIC.

4. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

:lol: The last couple of pages if this thread has been pure unadulterated win.

5. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

...So anyways Burn It Down is quite a song eh? :awesome:

6. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

Lol, I know he's not SAYING the choruses, but I'd go with singing most of the time over shouting. There are a few shouts and a few times that his voice goes rough, like, "We're building it uuuupppp, to break it back doooowwwwn," (bolded is shouted) but the rest is just singing, if slightly aggressively.

7. Inferno

Inferno Firing squad or lineup?

Agreed. :cool:

8. Derek

The more I listen to this, I think vocally this is the best Chester has sounded in several albums. It gives me high hopes for the rest of the record in the vocal department.

9. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

10. Derek

Damn she gives me the worst case of yellow fever right now.

I don't care how wrong that sounds either. I'd hit it. And not in the bobby brown kind of way.

11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

When "A Thousand Suns" came out, people were all "oh, I could've made that interlude in five minutes" -- and, yes, it's pretty easy to make that stuff when someone else has already taken the time and effort to come up with the idea.

Same thing here; some of you people complaining are all "I could make 'Burn It Down' in GarageBand right now so no effort was put into this song!" - and, of course, you can remake the track. It'd be pretty easy for you as well, because Linkin Park have already laid down the groundwork for you. They came up with the rhythms, timbres, progressions, melodies and lyrics, and picked out the musical expressions - every detail in the song - which you would need to emulate in order to make something reasonably close to the track.

Not a whole lot of musicians really aim to make music that no-one else will ever be able to play. ;" Some of us here could claim to be able to perform songs by The Beatles better than how The Beatles did back in the day. It doesn't take away from them at all.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  12. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Active Member

What doesn't make sense to me is why they don't just use electric guitar instead of the distorted bass they use in the chorus. It sounds like distorted electric guitar but synthetic, and Linkin Park has a guitarist, and electric guitar SOUNDS better than the synthetic distortion. It is as if they are TRYING not to use guitar even when they WANT that distorted sound. These guys still like metal, they just think they have to separate themselves from their past, and apparently not using a guitar is one way of doing that.

13. minuteforce

Answered your own question, I think. On "A Thousand Suns", they made an effort to mostly avoid taking the most obvious route when trying to create big textures for choruses and stuff, and I think some of that mentality has stuck around for this new album. :)

14. Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

The first bolded part is entirely subjective, and regarding the second bolded part: they have been saying in nearly every interview thus far that they aren't trying to do that for this record.

15. minuteforce

Yeah, there are discussions in other threads about how much they've really held true to that based on the new single :" - they seem to have done it right. The song is not "Hybrid Theory"-esque at all, IMO, but it's certainly a nice blend of different sounds and styles ...

16. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

How disgusting reading someone go so low because of a music argument. He didn't have a valid one anyway.

Well. There's not much I can add to the discussion, but regarding the live/electronic settings, I gotta say EVERY instrument -whether organic or not- requires a certain level of ABILITY for being properly played and a massive amount of CREATIVITY to make something genius come out of it. It's really underappreciating saying that just because Linkin Park uses synthed instrumentation, whether it is real electronic equipment or layering effects on top of the live instrument, it's lazy or less creative than doing it all live. Who fucking knows? People with massive experience on playing normal-organic music could get lost working with all the crazy shit LP experiments with.

Nobody can argue about Chester's voice, it's sublime, and I could say everyone here agrees with it, the "problem" comes with the "guitarz" and "drumz". If it's electronic drums, how much of different it is to play an electronic kit than a real one? Unless it's all buttons like one of Mr. Hahn's consoles, it's pretty much the same thing, and you could get some really diverse stuff out of it.

And about the guitars, is it strange for people now that effects can be layered over the guitar? Isn't that what pedals and filters and shit have done for the past -insert pedal age here- years? All I hear in BID is some very crunchy, thick, and badass sound coming out of the guitar, it's not astronomically out of normal distortion there.

The mix LP has done for this song is very well balanced to me and it does merge the new and old elements in their :toolbox:

17. minuteforce

^ Definitely this. As a keyboardist myself, I've taken offense in the past to supposedly "open-minded" musicians calling the sounds I make "fake".

I could justify Linkin Park lessening their use of heavy guitar riffs simply by stating that every rock band out does that already.

18. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Then you probably shouldn't watch this video:

[youtube]U7mPqycQ0tQ[/youtube]

19. 6161

6161 Well-Known Member

and now we have a toolbox emoticon! wow! :toolbox: ahahahaha...
    thanks LPA!

20. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Oh God. I have missed out on a good banhammer moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.