"BURN IT DOWN" Released In Full On Linkin Park's Official Site | Available on iTunes

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Shadow??? Fancy running into you around here.

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

No, but there's plenty of people panicking and thinking that because this track sounds a little "safe", that the rest of the album will as well. It's almost as bad as thinking the album will be metal based off of the song titles.

3. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

:D - As long as the album will be around 80 minutes long, everything regarding the sound does not matter to me.

4. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I can assume it is because some people have already said that this is a huge step back, there's no progress, the album was made "for the fans" and stuff like that. How can anyone make such strong statements based on ONE song? I mean.. I can listen to this song over and over again and I still have no clue how will the album sound like in its entirety, I have no idea. Reading the article from a few days ago which described some of the tracks could give you an idea, but it's not enough, we need to listen to the whole thing.

The only expectation I have for this record is how did they incorporate the new elements with the familiar sounds from the past. Sure, I've already listened to BID, but that was just a small taste.

5. Derek

Never going to happen on a Linkin Park record, ever :lol: (unless you count Reanimation which is only long because the artists that remixed the tracks lengthened them greatly).

Even on ATS where we had a 6 minute song, it was still under 50 minutes. :lol:

6. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

Derek, this is disillusioning :/

7. Derek

:trollface: You're welcome.

8. Vic

Vic No game no life

I think Mike said on an interview that the songs will be shorter...

9. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

You know, there are 12 songs. To reach this time each song has to be at least 6 minutes?

10. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

Golden dweeb, I pass where I please.

11. Derek

I know that some critics don't like Mike's part, but I personally love it. I like how well his verse rides the bass drum. Gives me hope for the rest of his appearances on LIVING THINGS.

12. MrEthanator75

MrEthanator75 Banned

God damn it. U guys know that im fucking right. Linkin park is now taking the LESS talented route in making their entire songs on computers instead of using real instruments. This is the equivalent to Maroon 5-moves like jagger. This is a total sell out to conform to the pop music because thats what sells right now. Who knnows if they even made the instrumentals in the song or if they just bought it from lady gaga. U guys are so fucking pathetic. Mike shinoda could release a recording of himself taking a massive shit and as long as the artist is listed as linkin park, u will call it the best song u have ever heard in uour lives. Music used to take talent to make. U actually had to know how to play an instrument or two if you were gonna make music. Now a days u can just buy software that u dont even need a sense or rythm
    To make music with. The only part of this song that displays "talent" is chesters voice. And mother fucker with ears can tell uou that. U guys are just pathetically bias

13. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

lol

14. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I'M GOING TO TALK IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T READ MY POST THE FIRST TIME AROUND.

WELCOME TO ELECTRONIC MUSIC. I'M GOING TO SHOW YOU STEP BY STEP THE ELEMENTS USED TO MAKE ELECTRONIC MUSIC.

FIRST OFF, NOT EVERYTHING IS DONE IN GARAGE BAND.

[youtube]e0di2I-0pOc[/youtube]

Did I get your attention? Good. This is an electronic drum kit. It is a drum kit that is... ELECTRONIC. Meaning that this is probably what was used in Burn It Down. You can *gasp* PROGRAM what sounds come out when you hit each drum.

[youtube]_FFvYChyORo[/youtube]

This is a synthesizer. Something like this was used in Burn It Down. Specifically the 'electronic' parts. Notice how it looks like a keyboard? That's because it IS A KEYBOARD. The difference here is that you can program and mess with the sound of the synthesizer to get what you want. Guess what other instrument has pieces of equipment that can mess with the sound? A GUITAR.

[youtube]sun-mb_qZYc[/youtube]

This is a more technical, modular synthesizer. If you don't understand what the fuck is going on, it's because it's very fucking technical.

[youtube]lIaStcriBA8[/youtube]

This is Trent Reznor. You may know him from the band Nine Inch Nails. Notice that every member of the band is using a synth in some way. Notice that it's all live. You can't just fuck around and make electronic music. Apparently these guys don't make real music because it's electronic.

[youtube]lTx3G6h2xyA[/youtube]

Oh look, a sequencer! He's just pressing buttons! Yeah, that must not be hard. Except the fact that he had to actually find and isolate all the samples he uses here. Then put them together. Live.

Guess who electronic artists are most like? Composers. But according to your argument, Mozart wasn't a real musician. He just wrote the music.

Apparently talent comes from playing real instruments. Which is why Rolling Stones-heralded "New Guitar God" John Frusciante has decided that electronic music is more interesting than the guitar at this point.

What else can I say without just calling you completely stupid? Oh shit. Too late. Guess I'm done for now, unless you have more cannon fodder you'd like to throw at me to allow me to further call you an idiot.

15. ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Minus....complete win. Thread over.

16. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Agreed

17. theDUDE

theDUDE Don't be scared homie!

Anytime John Frusciante is used to make a musical example you win. Dude gets it.

18. shinformant

shinformant Banned

It's implicit in his argument that any band ever whose members don't just shred all the time must not be very good either, so that basically rules out everything they've ever recorded in the first place...

19. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I mean, don't get me wrong. I play violin, viola, cello, piano, guitar and harmonica. With the piano comes the synth. But that's beside the point. I'm a full-fledged musician and have been for most of my life and even I think that electronic music is basically valid. I wouldn't dare say that what people like Deadmau5, Daft Punk, Orbital, or even Trent Reznor do isn't hard. Because it is. Anyone can put together a song. It takes a special person to make it sound good.

20. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I think this about sums it up. I love how you're giving us more reasons to actually call you stupid without feeling bad afterwards :p

Electronic music ain't real music lol first off, Linkin Park ALWAYS used electronic music when making songs. Sure, they're now putting more focus on the electronic part but does it make their music less good? Hell no. Also, about electronic music ain't real music... Daft Punk says hi.

Oh and btw, you say we like whatever LP puts up just because their name is on it. Ask Minus how he feels about Meteora, I dare you ;)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.